Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

omg the video is so fun... I think it might be her best one! you can tell so much love and care was put into this. it comes SO close to being perfect, I still feel a sting that this wasn't the pop smash era it deserved to be in 2013. with that label professional touch, it would be 10/10. but im still so grateful that she's doing this for us and delivering high quality products.

• Like 4

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interviewer: Bonnie, there's been quite a stir lately regarding your decision to cancel the release of your dark album and the backlash surrounding your upcoming album 'Hot City.' Can you elaborate on what led to these decisions?

Bonnie McKee: Let me set the record straight. I've spent a decade pouring my soul into these projects, and what do I get in return? Fans calling me names, spewing hate, and sharing leaked tracks like it's some kind of twisted game. It's beyond infuriating. I refuse to let my hard work be tainted by this toxicity.

Interviewer: How did you react to the backlash from fans?

Bonnie McKee: Frankly, I'm sick of it. Sick of the entitlement, sick of the negativity. These so-called fans need a reality check. They don't understand the blood, sweat, and tears that go into creating music. And for them to attack me personally because I took my time to craft something I'm proud of? It's disgraceful.

Interviewer: Do you have any messages for those fans who participated in the backlash?

Bonnie McKee: Oh, I have a message, alright. Listen up, you entitled brats. You think you're entitled to my music? Well, guess what? You're not. If you can't respect the creative process, then maybe you don't deserve to hear my music at all. I'm tired of being disrespected and unappreciated. And you know what? I'm seriously considering quitting music altogether if this is the kind of crap I have to deal with.

Interviewer: That's certainly a bold statement. What do you hope to achieve by speaking out?

Bonnie McKee: I want these so-called fans to wake up and realize the damage they're causing. I want them to understand that their actions have consequences. And most importantly, I want them to know that I won't stand for it. My music is my life, and I won't let anyone trample all over it.

• Like 3
  • LMAO 1

4 hours ago, chimera said:

wait, how many versions of Jenny is there? i have the Corey Enemy version and the one that leaked (Jennys_Got_A_BF_Bon) is there more??

The two versions you mentioned are the two only leaked versions we have from the original album. The new version is the re-recording, which btw in my country isn't out yet.

Edited by Ice Prince
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, izzzyyy said:

Interviewer: Bonnie, there's been quite a stir lately regarding your decision to cancel the release of your dark album and the backlash surrounding your upcoming album 'Hot City.' Can you elaborate on what led to these decisions?

Bonnie McKee: Let me set the record straight. I've spent a decade pouring my soul into these projects, and what do I get in return? Fans calling me names, spewing hate, and sharing leaked tracks like it's some kind of twisted game. It's beyond infuriating. I refuse to let my hard work be tainted by this toxicity.

Interviewer: How did you react to the backlash from fans?

Bonnie McKee: Frankly, I'm sick of it. Sick of the entitlement, sick of the negativity. These so-called fans need a reality check. They don't understand the blood, sweat, and tears that go into creating music. And for them to attack me personally because I took my time to craft something I'm proud of? It's disgraceful.

Interviewer: Do you have any messages for those fans who participated in the backlash?

Bonnie McKee: Oh, I have a message, alright. Listen up, you entitled brats. You think you're entitled to my music? Well, guess what? You're not. If you can't respect the creative process, then maybe you don't deserve to hear my music at all. I'm tired of being disrespected and unappreciated. And you know what? I'm seriously considering quitting music altogether if this is the kind of crap I have to deal with.

Interviewer: That's certainly a bold statement. What do you hope to achieve by speaking out?

Bonnie McKee: I want these so-called fans to wake up and realize the damage they're causing. I want them to understand that their actions have consequences. And most importantly, I want them to know that I won't stand for it. My music is my life, and I won't let anyone trample all over it.

LMAO you were so real for this. OK don't get me wrong I LOVE this song and am ABSOLUTELY thrilled and delighted that Bonnie has re-recorded, perfected and improved, and then filmed a SMASH video (which I haven't had a chance to watch yet - am at the office, refuse for my first watch to be hunched over a work laptop). It's beyond a dream. A former fave of mine, Jade Valerie from the band Sweetbox, disappeared 10 years ago and stepped away from her public facing career and that was that. I spent years devastated! I'm so lucky that Bonnie still has a drive and passion, and especially to give justice to a 11-year ago cancelled era.

Now THAT is pop icon behaviour.