Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When do we think she'll announce the Album? I thought it would happen today, since the Album is only like 25 Days (!!) away.

Spoiler

Also, I've been listening to Chappell Roan a lot lately and I feel like Bonnie would create some magic if she co-wrote with her. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cornelia said:

When do we think she'll announce the Album? I thought it would happen today, since the Album is only like 25 Days (!!) away.

Hide contents

Also, I've been listening to Chappell Roan a lot lately and I feel like Bonnie would create some magic if she co-wrote with her. 

Chappell is so good I love her

On 5/5/2024 at 6:56 AM, Forever21 said:

The white board was as close as we ever got to anything back in those days 🥲

Can you share this picture please 😊 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Ice Prince said:

Sorry for the quality, I'm unaware of the existence of a better quality copy/shot of this:

BONNIE-WHITEBOARD.jpeg

Don't know if this is any better, still looks blurry lol

I recognize some of the names. Ready for Hot City!

1000022900-02.jpeg

Ones I can read:

American Girl

Forever 21

Somebody's gonna get hurt 

Waking Up Diagonal 

Outlaw

Heartbroken or Electric Heaven?

Everything But You

Rewind Your Heart

Hitman

Wildcard

Mirage???

Hot City

Edited by Bombasticfan2015
  • Like 1

The whiteboard list is:

American Girl

Forever 21

Somebody’s Gonna Get Hurt

Waking Up Diagonal

I Wanna Fucking Call You

Outlaw

Electric Heaven

Everything But You

Rewind Your Heart

Jenny’s Got a Boyfriend

Show Me Your Love

Worst In Me

Hit Man

Wild Card

Mirage

Hot City

I assume the songs with checkmarks next to them were the top contenders for the album. It's weird that "Hot City" was so far down the list back in the day, and now it's the title track! Maybe it was a very early / different version of the song as we now know it. She did say she originally pitched it to Cher for her "Closer to the Truth" album.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zaynphallic said:

The whiteboard list is:

American Girl

Forever 21

Somebody’s Gonna Get Hurt

Waking Up Diagonal

I Wanna Fucking Call You

Outlaw

Electric Heaven

Everything But You

Rewind Your Heart

Jenny’s Got a Boyfriend

Show Me Your Love

Worst In Me

Hit Man

Wild Card

Mirage

Hot City

I assume the songs with checkmarks next to them were the top contenders for the album. It's weird that "Hot City" was so far down the list back in the day, and now it's the title track! Maybe it was a very early / different version of the song as we now know it. She did say she originally pitched it to Cher for her "Closer to the Truth" album.

I can't imagine Cher singing Hot City though :awkwardney: Hot City being so low in the list makes me think it was from the newest batch back then? Not that it wouldn't be a contender...

Btw still in awe at the amount of tracks that were written/record for this record back in the day. Show Me Your Love, Mirage (2013) and Right Now  (2013) are still unleaked, and who knows how many more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ice Prince said:

I can't imagine Cher singing Hot City though :awkwardney: Hot City being so low in the list makes me think it was from the newest batch back then? Not that it wouldn't be a contender...

Btw still in awe at the amount of tracks that were written/record for this record back in the day. Show Me Your Love, Mirage (2013) and Right Now  (2013) are still unleaked, and who knows how many more.

"Hot City" in Cher's voice is not something that was on my 2013 bingo card nor is it something on my 2024 bingo card :cackle:

• Like 1