Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/14/2024 at 3:20 PM, zaynphallic said:

Genuinely curious how it takes months to edit a 3 minute music video?

If you want the cold hard truth -

Bonnie films in different scenes for her music videos, obvi, but the difference is, since Hot City & Don’t Get Mad, she’s been shooting enough footage for these individual scenes to be their own version of the music video. Before she compiles the clips, she edits each of the scenes she filmed into their own solo videos. After she exports those, she topples the solo versions on top of each other, and decides which individual take she likes best. Almost like she’s distributing a Fifth Harmony song.

She also suffers from extreme burn out, and has had multiple mental breakdowns while editing them. Recently, she confirmed this will be a visual album, and each song will get at least a visualizer. However - before everybody freaks - this won’t delay the Epic album. It will most likely instead delay, the “dark” album.

Edited by izzzyyy
  • Like 4

Jenny always gave me STRONG single vibes - on the other hand I never and still don't understand the love for SLAY. It's a cute album track, in my opinion.

I'm happy that Jenny receives a moment to shine. I wonder if it gives me single vibes, because we had it for nearly ten years and it inseperable from the album, to me.

18 minutes ago, izzzyyy said:

If you want the cold hard truth 

Are you Bonnie McKee?

• LMAO 1

2 hours ago, izzzyyy said:

not sure if the user who wrote this comment put it here but -

also hi bbies been a minute

IMG_3306.jpeg

omg i can't believe this 😂 hi Bonnie xx we love you

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, T2P said:

omg i can't believe this 😂 hi Bonnie xx we love you

She also recently mentioned PHF in her podcast appearence with Verite. She said "I found a 500 page forum about this album online one day, and it inspired me to start working on the songs again."

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Ice Prince said:

I still can't unsee the potential that bridge has for a TikTok trend.

All she needs is a good ringing of the phone when it begins, and it will be a sick transition sound.

• Like 1