Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Force User said:

right now popped in my youtube algorithm today and it got me wondering, has somebody ever had the leak version of it?

It hasn't leaked and iirc it was said to be vaulted so there goes our chance to ever get it :yeah: it's not her best song ever but I'd really like to have it too, considering it's not being included in the re-recorded album.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2024 at 6:56 PM, izzzyyy said:

here's the list i made a while ago.

released:
slay
hot city
don't get mad, get famous
jenny's got a boyfriend (upcoming)
forever 21 (upcoming
-
supposed to be on:
electric heaven
everything but you
i wanna fucking call you
just a kiss
rewind your heart
snatched
worst in me
-
maybe on:
love spell - Is finished and reworked, but she's not sure of if she wants to release it. She said before she would, "poll if she should release it or not." I think she was joking, but if she was serious, she might've polled a group-chat with some of her fans.
mirage - Allegedly (and correctly) found to be a different song than the one that leaked. That, or it's a complete rework. She never denied this one, instead saying she, "loves that song."
outlaw - Said it might get used for another project if it doesn't make the tracklist, but said it's also possible it will get released. She's very scared that it'd be "too kitsch" for the epic album.
soundtrack to the end - "Maybe 😘"
-
Yes, both 'Wild Card' and 'Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt' are scrapped, unless she changed her mind. The album will include 15 songs including the released (and upcoming) singles. My sources are both Bonnie herself, and sources close to her.

Personally I wouldn't miss Wild Card but scrapping Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt is... a choice...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crystal <3 said:

Personally I wouldn't miss Wild Card but scrapping Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt is... a choice...

Unfortunately, Bonnie couldn’t make a decision either way. Iirc Bonnie’s contract allowed her to re-record songs as long as they weren’t paid for release by her label. (This is why she said she couldn’t include AG.) 

Yes, she managed to release both SIYH and Sleepwalker which had music videos, but the label never intended to TECHNICALLY release them. (As in, lisencing… etc.) However, Somebody’s Gonna Get Hurt was supposed to be released as a promotional single in 2013, this eventually got cancelled, but the lisencing remained paid for. As a result, Bonnie has to either buy back the lisence (expensive as FUCK, and also extremely time consuming) or just let it go.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, izzzyyy said:

Unfortunately, Bonnie couldn’t make a decision either way. Iirc Bonnie’s contract allowed her to re-record songs as long as they weren’t paid for release by her label. (This is why she said she couldn’t include AG.) 

Yes, she managed to release both SIYH and Sleepwalker which had music videos, but the label never intended to TECHNICALLY release them. (As in, lisencing… etc.) However, Somebody’s Gonna Get Hurt was supposed to be released as a promotional single in 2013, this eventually got cancelled, but the lisencing remained paid for. As a result, Bonnie has to either buy back the lisence (expensive as FUCK, and also extremely time consuming) or just let it go.

Everyone should mass stream Crystallisee so I can pay for it /j

• Like 1

I'm excited for Jenny (obv lol). I wonder what the final production will end up being, given the (at least) 2 very different demos. The "album version" which has the synths in the verses OR the alternate one that has a build up in the pre-chorus and bigger more rhythmic chorus? I know in the previews we hear the synths so I can imagine it goes that way but I like the sweeter treatment of the chorus/pre-chorus tbh... I'm curious if she took an approach in between the two.