Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd literally start cackling so hard if she went on some random podcast and told the same old dramatic story about how she was supposed to be the next Madonna, but the world and everyone was against her. Girl, the only one you can blame is yourself. Sure, she was young and inexperienced when she was under Warner, and Epic was foul for pulling the plug on the album just because she wasn't doing the same numbers as one of the biggest pop stars at the time, but once she went independent it was her one chance to show all the people that didn't believe in her that they were wrong. The only thing she's proved (and is proving right now) is that maybe they made the right choice to let her go. 

EDIT: Bombastic was a great moment and I'm proud of her for giving us that era, but everything after that is almost like she checked out. The music was bland, the releases became infrequent, and her constant teasing and promises damaged her relationship with the fans.

Edited by Bambi101
  • Like 3

She has to be kidding? She can’t be fully serious? This is a joke, right? Why… just why. 

Now I have avoided listening to a good 75% of what she’s releasing or speculated to, even the live performances. I did it to not ruin the experience for myself, but this is a flat out JOKE. I wanted to respect her wishes, but she’s not doing anything! 

At this point, everybody just stop giving her attention. She is not worth it. Don’t watch her tiktoks where she restates the same thing seventeen times in the comment sections, don’t interact with her instagram posts as she becomes a crypto maniac. She’s clearly not going to listen.

Let her fall into oblivion while she lives off making tiktok’s about that one time in the 2010’s when she was the hottest song writer in the world. She’s in for a rude awakening when she discovers that it’s no longer the 2010’s, it’s 2022. Her peak is long behind her, and if she wants to succeed, she needs to seize the moment. 

• Like 2
  • YAAASSS 1

8 minutes ago, jamesmax said:

You are amazing 😍 thank you. Just curious, were there any other Leighton Meester demos??

3 hours ago, jamesmax said:

So grateful, thank you so much!!! 💕

7 hours ago, jamesmax said:

Thank you so so so much for this!!! By any chance, any of those 2008-09 tracks were intended for the original second album with Warner?

• Like 1

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)