Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

Random thought and kinda unrelated to this thread, but does relate to Bonnie so I'm going to ask anyways lmao

What Bonnie song that was a rejected pitch to Britney for her "Femme Fatale" album do you think should have made the cut? I really liked "Battle Royale" and "Catch Me If You Can"! I thought either one of those would've been really cool to hear Britney sing!! 

• Like 2

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Kesha Slays said:

Random thought and kinda unrelated to this thread, but does relate to Bonnie so I'm going to ask anyways lmao

What Bonnie song that was a rejected pitch to Britney for her "Femme Fatale" album do you think should have made the cut? I really liked "Battle Royale" and "Catch Me If You Can"! I thought either one of those would've been really cool to hear Britney sing!! 

Lie Detector.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, jamesmax said:

HOLY SHIT!!!! Amazing. Nine tracks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kesha Slays said:

I Dare You. That song could’ve been a massive hit.

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1

2 hours ago, jamesmax said:

Lie Detector.

I haven’t heard that one 🙄 I’d go with Catch Me If You Can, although I’d love to hear Britney sing the line “(it’s Britney) bitch, you wanna battle?” On Battle Royale.

Thankyou so much for the songs @jamesmax!!! I’m obsessed with Who Says! It very much gives me The Saturdays vibes.

6 hours ago, Kesha Slays said:

Catch Me If You Can, and not sure if DNA was for Britney but Bonnie should have definitely kept that one for herself. I can't get over DNA, it's so catchy. Shame Dr. Puke was involved in it.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, indigxchild said:

Hi, I hate to ask but does anyone have links for these songs? Thank you in advance

Rules of Attraction
U Won
Light up the Night
Risky Business
Mess Around
Without You
Now or Never
Lie Detector

Here you go! Afaik Lie Detector has not leaked so I don't have that one. But the other 7 here they are!

Folder

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Kesha Slays said:

What Bonnie song that was a rejected pitch to Britney for her "Femme Fatale" album do you think should have made the cut?

Obviously Kiss Kiss Bang Bang & Guilty Pleasure...

2 hours ago, Ice Prince said:

Catch Me If You Can, and not sure if DNA was for Britney but Bonnie should have definitely kept that one for herself. I can't get over DNA, it's so catchy. Shame Dr. Puke was involved in it.

I would say DNA was for Katy Perry or possibly Ke$ha? It's giving me 0 Britney vibes TBH and Bonnie's doing that sort of deep throaty Alanis Morisette thing that they both love to do. Bonnie does sing like that a bit sometimes, but she seems to be really emphasizing it on that track.

Based on the verses & chorus I'd say 'obviously Katy Perry', but the whole "feel it in my body" bit seems a bit out of place and sounds a lot more like something Ke$ha might do back then.

It's entirely possible that it wasn't written specifically for either of course, but done during a random session that they wrote tracks for no one in particular, or for multiple artists at the same time. It's not the norm, but it does happen that writers/producers do tracks that might appeal to several artists that they're set to work with. So they'll throw in a little Britney but also a bit of Rihanna, for example.

Or perhaps it started as a Katy Perry track, got rejected and it given to Ke$ha, had no b-section, or it was changed or something.

Also...I'm pretty sure that Oligee is the main producer on DNA. That whole melody is so him. Luke probably re-worked the track, which was his MO especially during the Teenage Dream era. His (Prescription) producers would make a track and he'd re-work it into something more radio-friendly, sometimes barely changing a thing and just switching some shit around, other times completely overhauling the track.

• Like 3

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)