Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Main Pop Girl said:

Can we stop using the independent artist excuse for this woman please :vacuum: There's literally tens or hundreds of thousands of independent artists who manage to release albums within a ten year timeframe. Bonnie is in a very privileged position in that she's written multiple #1 hits and has a LOT more money to spend on this album than most artists do, without having to hold down a full-time job. And given that all these songs were written and completed a decade ago, this album should have taken less time to release than usual. I don't wanna hear any excuses about "it's expensive!" or "she's independent!".

I agree, it should’ve been released last fall like it was supposed to be. I have no idea why she’s dragging this out for a 10k debut (and that’s being generous)

• WTF 1

I disagree I think she looks great. But again that’s my opinion.

i fear she’s aiming for 2 more singles before the album release. Feb idk if we’ll get anything, march 1 single, April another single then album in may? I hope I’m wrong though & we get a lil something in feb but idk since she hasn’t teased anything so far. Unless she completely goes silent until late April before the album in may.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Main Pop Girl said:

Can we stop using the independent artist excuse for this woman please :vacuum: There's literally tens or hundreds of thousands of independent artists who manage to release albums within a ten year timeframe. Bonnie is in a very privileged position in that she's written multiple #1 hits and has a LOT more money to spend on this album than most artists do, without having to hold down a full-time job. And given that all these songs were written and completed a decade ago, this album should have taken less time to release than usual. I don't wanna hear any excuses about "it's expensive!" or "she's independent!".

She talked about how her Distribution People begged her to release DGMGF as a Single, so they probably have encouraged her to stick to a certain timeline as well. I know it's been a decade but regardless of if the Album comes out in February or May doesn't really matter anyways. Now that there are more people involved in making money off of this Project, I think the date has been set.

2 hours ago, cocomong said:

I disagree I think she looks great. But again that’s my opinion.

i fear she’s aiming for 2 more singles before the album release. Feb idk if we’ll get anything, march 1 single, April another single then album in may? I hope I’m wrong though & we get a lil something in feb but idk since she hasn’t teased anything so far. Unless she completely goes silent until late April before the album in may.

I think (read: hope) we'll get "Forever 21" in March alongside the album pre-save (and hopefully physicals / merch pre-order), and then a final single to coincide with the album release in May.

• Like 3

Since we have confirmation that Forever 21 is the next single, I really hope she drops the album pre-save/order along with the single release. It’s arguably the most “famous” of the Epic era songs, and I think that there will be significant hype around its release. If she just releases the song and music video and then disappears again… it’s over. 

• Like 2
  • YAAASSS 1