Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

18 minutes ago, Ice Prince said:

While I agree, what if she can't tell us? Like for privacy reasons / agreements / whatever.  I don't know much about legal stuff but maybe she can't say some things for contractual reasons. Idk I'm just guessing

This but also like the artist doesn't really owe the audience an explanation for every step of the way. She's been very transparent about this whole process actually. She answers questions about leaked stuff all the time, what she owns or doesn't, what will be on the album and what will not. There's really nothing more for her to do. Even the timeline of how this are going she's been pretty transparent, like she told us the day Don't Get Mad dropped that she was gonna shot Forever 21 that same week and then she would take a break for the Holiday season and her Birthday.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, cocomong said:

Idk how you guys mix up us being tired of this long silence & no communication as not supporting her. It’s just exhausting hearing (for me at least) since 2011-2(?) that her next album is coming from Bonnie herself. I still support her to this day even when she frustrates me. Like my money is ready for the preorders it has been for years.

Kpop artists who are so controlled down to what they’re allowed to eat & how much they’re allowed to weigh even update the fans against the label’s wishes that they have nothing coming  & say things like “yeah I wish album/single was coming too but we’ll see when they let me” just plain & simple. If someone that is THAT controlled can update their fans I’m pretty sure Bonnie can since she’s obviously not that intensely monitored.

thats where the disconnect comes from for me. Like if you’re allowed to release when you want, then tell us?? Also if you don’t want to release it soon that’s also fine? IF the tentative date you first gave us moved to a later time that’s also fine I understand. Just tell us. That’s all I ask. You can release what you want idc just let us know when instead of creating hype & disappearing…..again.

If it’s a contract / distribution issue as I keep seeing…..tell us? We can try to get you presaves or whatever.

oops didn’t mean to quote that.

Agreed. I think all of the false starts, long gaps between releases, tentative release dates, and Bonnie completely disappearing from social media for weeks at a time... has really killed the momentum. People don't have the attention span for a year-long rollout, especially when these songs are over a decade old. Also, it's kind of like she's dangling a carrot in front of us, and then keeps pulling it away, which is rather irritating. I know she doesn't owe us anything, but we've stuck by her side for all of these years... it would be nice to finally get rewarded with this album we all love so much. I'm going to try and remain optimistic that she's spent the last couple months finalizing everything, and hopefully we'll finally get a release date / pre-order with the next single.

• Like 2
  • WTF 1

I assume she is giving this album the era she thought it deserved and what she wants to look back on as she gets older.

She has to really believe in this music as much as us if she is re recording it and paying for it all independently. this album can not be cheap. i'm fine with the wait, in a few years after we have had it legally we will look back on what she gave us and we will really appreciate the effort. the hot city video alone is better than what most big budget people do these days. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Cornelia said:

Sorry for the double Post, but she definitely lurked here... at like 8 minutes in she said she found this Forum that was 500 pages long

Bonnie dear, please come save pop music. <3 

• YAAASSS 1

4 hours ago, Cornelia said:

Sorry for the double Post, but she definitely lurked here... at like 8 minutes in she said she found this Forum that was 500 pages long

Of course, if you google her name + any song from the Hot CIty tracklist this is one of the first 5 pages to show up

• Like 1