Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

3 hours ago, Frank said:

Might have been discussed already, but will American Girl be in this project? Since back in 2013 it was supposed to be the lead single of this album...

Yeah, it was intended as the lead single back in the day, but it was the only song that was out and then she was dropped the following year. She probably wouldn't have the publishing rights for that one + she said the song was out anyways so yeah it's out of the window. The new lead is S.L.A.Y., although I wonder if a re-recorded AG would've been a cute bonus track or something.

• Like 1

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, but some might not. It's been long enough. Her traction she gained on tiktok since her announcement had completely fizzled out. I'm not sure she can get that hype back but I hope she can & that it'll help the album more.

• Like 2

also it's worth noting, despite the haters- DGMGF has double the views of Slay on youtube and her duet thing wasn't an entire failure. there was many more duets than I expected. it wasn't a career killer move. Hot City was the least successful of the tracks for some reason.

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Forever 21 or I Wanna Fucking Call You are the choices that could get some buzz back more easily, both have the chances of gaining TikTok traction due to their catchiness and she should totally replicate the duet thing, even if it's for fully fleshed tracks like those two. The question is when is she planning on dropping another single. She talked about two but maybe joining the effort of two singles into pushing only one with major coverage could be a smarter move?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, T2P said:

also it's worth noting, despite the haters- DGMGF has double the views of Slay on youtube and her duet thing wasn't an entire failure. there was many more duets than I expected. it wasn't a career killer move. Hot City was the least successful of the tracks for some reason.

You know DGMGF views came from… ads?

Hii! (made this Account specifically for this Thread!)

Bonnie has Instagram Ads running for DGMGF (which probably explains the spike in YouTube Views) and the Link tagged was made by Music Agency jvagency. Maybe there is a partnership going on via her distributer? Probably also explains the delays, since most Deals are made during the campaign. 

• Like 2
  • YAAASSS 1

1 hour ago, Cornelia said:

Hii! (made this Account specifically for this Thread!)

Bonnie has Instagram Ads running for DGMGF (which probably explains the spike in YouTube Views) and the Link tagged was made by Music Agency jvagency. Maybe there is a partnership going on via her distributer? Probably also explains the delays, since most Deals are made during the campaign. 

Welcome to the forum!

Tbh I don't know anything about deals, but a partnership to promote her would be amazing. That will help propel the album once it's out.

• Like 1

kinda off topic but have u guys seen this song by sophie powers, it appears to be written with bonnie. sounds like a bonnie coded bop! 

It's a lot more dancey than her usual grunge style but i think it suits her. The bass kinda sounds like Perfect (Exceeder). What do y'all think?

IMG_3076.thumb.jpg.d56954568736e63de20724d6ed066654.jpg