Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/24/2024 at 5:00 AM, zaynphallic said:

Are we ever getting a freaking release date for this album? It's been 7 MONTHS since SLAY. :awkwardney:

Jesus when you put it that way…..

I hate to be negative but Bonnie ought to face the reality that this album isn’t going to smash or become a pop juggernaut akin to her Katy/Luke/Max days. I think she thinks it has that potential. She needs to just announce the dates, release a new single, tour, etc. Like yesterday. Idk what the good sis is waiting for? 

She hit pause on her music career for years and now that she’s back in the fray we get hit with long gaps again… she’s either waiting closer to summer to make this a Pride album or is simply being too precious / hesitant to put more songs out bc for some reason she has to painstakingly plan the rollout, timed perfectly to the way the angle of the sun hits her Hollywood Hills pool at 2:05 on a Thursday afternoon. Girl just drop the music. 

Edited by sunlightzone
  • Like 4
  • YAAASSS 1

i have not given up… many major label artists take over a year to release albums now. i am 100% certain there is at least another single and video coming. i still support u bonnie 👋

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Main Pop Girl said:

It's been over ten years sis...

Guys, it’s coming… she’s just taking her time… imagine putting up a whole album on your own, must be very difficult. And she already filmed the mv for F21, we just have to be patient 

• Like 2

I know I’ve said this before, but my frustration with Bonnie really stems from her lack of communication. I’m sure a lot of us would feel a lot more comfortable if she would just tell us what the hold up is. If the rumors about her having a distribution deal are true and that’s causing delays, that’s okay. It’s great actually, because that means we may actually get physical copies of the album rather than everything being digital. But just TELL us. It’s frustrating because there was so much hype in the beginning with the release of SLAY and Hot City, and now she squandered it all and it feels like we’re back at square one with her. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

I know I’ve said this before, but my frustration with Bonnie really stems from her lack of communication. I’m sure a lot of us would feel a lot more comfortable if she would just tell us what the hold up is. If the rumors about her having a distribution deal are true and that’s causing delays, that’s okay. It’s great actually, because that means we may actually get physical copies of the album rather than everything being digital. But just TELL us. It’s frustrating because there was so much hype in the beginning with the release of SLAY and Hot City, and now she squandered it all and it feels like we’re back at square one with her. 

While I agree, what if she can't tell us? Like for privacy reasons / agreements / whatever.  I don't know much about legal stuff but maybe she can't say some things for contractual reasons. Idk I'm just guessing

• Like 1