Girls Aloud

Main Pop Girl

38 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

Forgot to post Nicola was at an event on 13th April, where she gave a talk and revealed this morsel of information during proceedings:

OMG! I LOVE “Giving You Up”! I really hope the GA version gets a release/leak!

• Like 2

Some of the Disc 2/ Disc 3 tracks were cassette only in their original era, so this has done a good job mopping up content for casuals without the singles boxset, I guess:

DISC 1: THE ORIGINAL 2003 ALBUM

01. SOUND OF THE UNDERGROUND

02. NO GOOD ADVICE

03. SOME KIND OF MIRACLE

04. ALL I NEED (ALL I DON'T)

05. LIFE GOT COLD

06. MARS ATTACK

07. STOP

08. GIRLS ALLOWED

09. FOREVER AND A NIGHT

10. LOVE / HATE

11. BOOGIE DOWN LOVE

12. DON'T WANT YOU BACK

13. WHITE LIES

14. LOVE BOMB

15. EVERYTHING YOU EVER WANTED

DISC 2: B-SIDES & RARITIES 

01. SOUND OF THE UNDERGROUND (ALTERNATIVE VOCAL MIX)

02. JUMP (FROM “LOVE ACTUALLY”)

03. GIRLS ON FILM

04. LIGHTS, MUSIC, CAMERA, ACTION

05. ON A ROUND

06. NO GOOD ADVICE (PARENTAL ADVISORY VERSION)

07. SACRED TRUST

08. LIFE GOT COLD (RADIO EDIT)

09. GREASE (FROM “GREASEMANIA”)

10. HOPELESSLY DEVOTED TO YOU (FROM “GREASEMANIA”)

11. SOME KIND OF MIRACLE (NEW MIX)

12. YOU FREAK ME OUT (FROM “FREAKY FRIDAY”)

13. NO GOOD ADVICE (ORIGINAL DEMO)

14. STAY ANOTHER DAY

DISC 3: THE REMIXES

01. SOUND OF THE UNDERGROUND (INSTRUMENTAL BREAKDOWN MIX)

02. GIRLS ALLOWED (ALMIGHTY RADIO EDIT)

03. SOME KIND OF MIRACLE (ILLICIT MIX)

04. LIFE GOT COLD (STELLA BROWNE VOCAL MIX)

05. NO GOOD ADVICE (DREADZONE VOCAL MIX)

06. JUMP (ALMIGHTY VOCAL MIX)

07. SOUND OF THE UNDERGROUND (FLIP & FILL REMIX)

08. LIFE GOT COLD (29 PALMS REMIX EDIT)

09. NO GOOD ADVICE (FLIP & FILL REMIX)

10. JUMP (FLIP & FILL REMIX)

11. NO GOOD ADVICE (DOUBLEFUNK VOCAL MIX)

12. GIRLS ALLOWED (ALMIGHTY VOCAL MIX)

Edited by Dax Diameter

8 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

Forgot to post Nicola was at an event on 13th April, where she gave a talk and revealed this morsel of information during proceedings:

I can totally hear them singing this! I like Giving You Up but it's not my all time favourite from Kylie. But I think with a blend of five different voices and some GA harmonies it could be even better!

7 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

Some of the Disc 2/ Disc 3 tracks were cassette only in their original era, so this has done a good job mopping up content for casuals without the singles boxset, I guess:

So nothing actually new other than the alternate mix of SOTU? :yeah: 

53 minutes ago, Leaving said:

So nothing actually new other than the alternate mix of SOTU? :yeah: 

CD 3: Track 2 “Girls Allowed (Almighty Radio Edit)”.

The extended mix was on the CD and Cassette Singles of “Jump”.

However, on closer inspection the two “Girls Allowed” Almighty Vocal Mixes, that open Side 1 and Side 2 of this “Jump” vinyl promo, are of two differing lengths (7 mins, 32 Secs [and] 6 mins, 15 Secs).

https://www.discogs.com/release/582328-Girls-Aloud-Jump

Neither of those two lengths constitute “Radio Edit” Length, which is what CD 3: Track 2 is defined as.

If - once timings for the 3xCD set are revealed and the length of CD 3: Track 2 is not either 7 mins, 32 secs [or] 6 mins, 15 Secs - then they are genuinely releasing a previously unreleased radio edit of that one track (and it’s only a remix, not an archive song) - as the full length extended club vocal version (only) was released across CD single, Cassette and the above linked to vinyl promo.

Double checking the boxset, only the Club Length “Almighty” mix is on that also.

We know there are unreleased Peters & Peters and Metro productions in the archive from the debut era and they clearly do not want any attention on those for this debut anniversary release.

It may be confirmed in time that this release was assembled by someone called Tom Parker, who is the “go to” project co-ordinator (for releases such as these) by several U.K record companies.

Edited by Dax Diameter
Update

10 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

CD 3: Track 2 “Girls Allowed (Almighty Radio Edit)”.

The extended mix was on the CD and Cassette Singles of “Jump”.

However, on closer inspection the two “Girls Allowed” Almighty Vocal Mixes, that open Side 1 and Side 2 of this “Jump” vinyl promo, are of two differing lengths (7 mins, 32 Secs [and] 6 mins, 15 Secs).

https://www.discogs.com/release/582328-Girls-Aloud-Jump

Neither of those two lengths constitute “Radio Edit” Length, which is what CD 3: Track 2 is defined as.

If - once timings for the 3xCD set are revealed and the length of CD 3: Track 2 is not either 7 mins, 32 secs [or] 6 mins, 15 Secs - then they are genuinely releasing a previously unreleased radio edit of that one track (and it’s only a remix, not an archive song) - as the full length extended club vocal version (only) was released across CD single, Cassette and the above linked to vinyl promo.

Double checking the boxset, only the Club Length “Almighty” mix is on that also.

We know there are unreleased Peters & Peters and Metro productions in the archive from the debut era and they clearly do not want any attention on those for this debut anniversary release.

It may be confirmed in time that this release was assembled by someone called Tom Parker, who is the “go to” project co-ordinator (for releases such as these) by several U.K record companies.

Just a remix then. :( Looks like they're making the same mistakes as the Spice Girls

2 minutes ago, Leaving said:

Just a remix then. :( Looks like they're making the same mistakes as the Spice Girls

Sadly.

I agree about Spice Girls, the same thought crossed my mind. I can’t help but think how amusing it would be if the material that Peter Lorraine chose not to allow from this era, began to leak whilst the promo cycle for this release was still in full swing and grabbed all the attention away from it.

• Shook 1
  • LMAO 1

🤞I do hope someone here uploads the alt ‘Sound’ and that other ‘radio edit’. I’d already bought the charity 7” (which did not come with a dl code) and the colored album- which shipping was not pleasant lol. On a budget and just can’t rationalize the cds with SO little ‘new’.