Girls Aloud

Main Pop Girl

15 hours ago, MeantToBeIconic said:

Ugh I miss them so much, I found them during the Ten era so I didn't get to really EXPERIENCE them, but their music is incredible omg

And RIP Sarah, we'll always miss her

I'm the same way! I got to experience the Something New launch but that whole era seemed a little strained, and BCYLM wasn't the greatest second single imo. I wish they'd been more of an international act so I could have enjoyed them in Australia

10 hours ago, Heartbreak Anthem said:

A good album butchered by Fascination; their first studio release to only receive three singles instead of four.

What would you have released as the fourth single? I like Control of the Knife and Black Jacks a lot but I can't necessarily see them being hits

4 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

Singles popularity based on U.K. sales:

Sound of the Underground is really that girl!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leaving said:

What would you have released as the fourth single? I like Control of the Knife and Black Jacks a lot but I can't necessarily see them being hits

Conventionally, "Control of the Knife" would have been the third single, with "Can't Speak French" ending the era. But, realistically, I would have loved to have seen "Close to Love" as the fourth single with some real good music video.

On 10/22/2022 at 11:45 PM, Heartbreak Anthem said:

Conventionally, "Control of the Knife" would have been the third single, with "Can't Speak French" ending the era. But, realistically, I would have loved to have seen "Close to Love" as the fourth single with some real good music video.

On 10/23/2022 at 1:48 AM, Dax Diameter said:

I believe that at production stage, “Girl Overboard” and “Close To Love” were perceived as future single options.

“Can’t Speak French” was.. unexpected and not an option most fans wanted over those other two.

Idk why Close to Love has never clicked with me. I love Sexy No No No and it's a similar style to that, but the chorus is just kinda weak and the whole song is too repetitive for me. I like Girl Overboard more but even then I don't think it's really single material. I'm glad Can't Speak French was released personally <3 

On 10/22/2022 at 8:48 AM, Dax Diameter said:

I believe that at production stage, “Girl Overboard” and “Close To Love” were perceived as future single options.

“Can’t Speak French” was.. unexpected and not an option most fans wanted over those other two.

Girl Overboard is incredible, let's start there

There was and will be no other girl group like them, they sounded so unique abs so in tune with each other's style

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MeantToBeIconic said:

Girl Overboard is incredible, let's start there

There was and will be no other girl group like them, they sounded so unique abs so in tune with each other's style

Definitely the most unique girl group I know of. The songs are so well produced that they sound current even now 20 years later