Girls Aloud "Long Hot Summer Fan Megamix- Single+Alt 1&2"

365MM

"Long Hot Summer has always been one of my favorite Girls Aloud songs, and ever since I'd gotten the singles box set and heard the alternate versions, I'd always wished there was some sort of 12" extended version with everything together. Been a project on the back-burner to do a fan edit , and here's the result! I debated the lyric order and if I should do the transitions differently (like a phased, or reverse- rewind type effect back in), but decided not to, and just went with as close to soft cuts between while excising the single's outro, Alt. 1's intro/outro, and Alt. 2's intro. Hope you enjoy!

<to be updated/reuploaded>

Mi5qcGVn.jpg

Edited by 365MM
Going to re-edit
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, 365MM said:

"Long Hot Summer has always been one of my favorite Girls Aloud songs, and ever since I'd gotten the singles box set and heard the alternate versions, I'd always wished there was some sort of 12" extended version with everything together. Been a project on the back-burner to do a fan edit , and here's the result! I debated the lyric order and if I should do the transitions differently (like a phased, or reverse- rewind type effect back in), but decided not to, and just went with as close to soft cuts between while excising the single's outro, Alt. 1's intro/outro, and Alt. 2's intro. Hope you enjoy!

Girls Aloud- "Long Hot Summer- Fan Megamix"

Mi5qcGVn.jpg

This also happens to be my favourite GA song and I’ve listened to this three times straight. I like it, the concept of doing this never occurred to me. However (and please don’t take this the wrong way), it’s one step away from perfection and what I mean by that is you can audibly hear the edit at 3 mins 34 secs.  If there was possibly a way to hide that it would be perfect.

Edited by Dax Diameter
Uodate
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dax Diameter said:

This also happens to be my favourite GA song and I’ve listened to this three times straight. I like it, the concept of doing this never occurred to me. However (and please don’t take this the wrong way), it’s one step away from perfection and what I mean by that is you can audibly hear the edit at 3 mins 34 secs.  If there was possibly a way to hide that it would be perfect.

Shit- I know what you mean. I thought i smoothed it before saving/uploading. Thanks for painting it out. It’s just a rough edit but thats easy enough to fix.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 365MM said:

Shit- I know what you mean. I thought i smoothed it before saving/uploading. Thanks for painting it out. It’s just a rough edit but thats easy enough to fix.

I really like what you’ve done with the track, just take your time and chill. There’s no rush.