Girls Aloud To Reunite For Fundraiser Gig In Memory of Sarah Harding

girls-aloud-2000x1270-1-1392x884.jpg

Girls Aloud are planning a reunion concert to raise funds for cancer research in memory of their late bandmember Sarah Harding.

Harding, 39, died last September from breast cancer. The reunion gig would seek to secure more funding for crucial medical equipment that could diagnose the cancer sooner.

Nadine Coyle confirmed the news to OK! Magazine, saying that they want to honour her memory and provide help as they continue to grieve one of their best friends.

“We’re planning a night for an event to raise money in honour of Sarah,” Coyle said. “She’s very much in the forefront of our minds.

“We want to raise money for a piece of medical equipment that helps diagnose cancer earlier so people can be treated. We definitely want to do something to help others.

She added that Harding’s death “still affects us deeply – to think about everything that she went through”.

No further details were revealed of the Girls Aloud reunion special. The last time the band performed together was nearly 10 years ago in 2013.

In February, felow bandmate Kimberley Walsh told the Daily Mail that a reunion wasn’t in the works yet because as none of the singers were “in that headspace at the moment”.

This year marks the 20th anniversary of Girls Aloud. They formed in 2002 on Popstars: The Rivals and went on to become the UK’s biggest-selling girl group of the 21st century.

Harding’s death came 13 months after she revealed that she was battling breast cancer, which later spread to other parts of her body. She wrote about her illness, journey and career in her autobiography Hear Me Out, which was released last March.

Meanwhile, the late star had reportedly agreed to take part in a Girls Aloud reunion tour before her death.

I'm going to wait until one of the other girls confirms this because I wouldn't put it past Nadine to share this story just for some headlines :awkwardney: But I think a one night only reunion would be the most tasteful way for them to reunite at this point. I just wish Sarah was still around to do a tour with all five of them <3 

• YAAASSS 1

7 hours ago, Heartbreak Anthem said:

For a one-night only event this is lovely. But I don't know if they're all up for performing. I know Cheryl canceled gigs, due to her upset over Sarah's death.

Honestly I think Cheryl would be the only one who didn't want to do it :yeah: Although I know Nadine and Nicola were both at the same Sink the Pink drag night the other day and don't even seem to have interacted at all which is weird

4 hours ago, Leaving said:

Honestly I think Cheryl would be the only one who didn't want to do it :yeah: Although I know Nadine and Nicola were both at the same Sink the Pink drag night the other day and don't even seem to have interacted at all which is weird

Nadine and Nicola took photos backstage together, it does suck that they didn't do a Girls Aloud number together for a bit of fun though but at the same time, I can understand why they didn't.

10 hours ago, Bleach Blonde Stereotype said:

Nadine and Nicola took photos backstage together, it does suck that they didn't do a Girls Aloud number together for a bit of fun though but at the same time, I can understand why they didn't.

Did they? :orly: I checked both their social medias after the gig but neither had posted any photos with each other

1 hour ago, Leaving said:

Did they? :orly: I checked both their social medias after the gig but neither had posted any photos with each other

Me either! I only follow Nicola on insta (don’t hate! 😂) and didn’t see any with Nadine. Few short clips/pics of getting her hair done and then her guest spot. 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by 365MM
Forgot open.

19 minutes ago, 365MM said:

Me either! I only follow Nicola on insta (don’t hate! 😂) and didn’t see any with Nadine. Few short clips/pics of getting her hair done and then her guest spot. 🤷‍♂️ 

Right? I also thought it was odd that Nadine was up there performing Girls Aloud songs while Nicola just waited backstage? :yeah: Kind of bizarre

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This just popped up on my YouTube recommended!

Interesting to hear them talk about the group. It seems like they were asked a question about a GA reunion and Nicola says they don't really feel like GA without Sarah, but Cheryl confirmed they were all talking about a 20th anniversary tour. Nicola also says they've all been talking a lot lately to organise things so it definitely seems there's more charity stuff coming up. It's a good start at least!

• YAAASSS 1