Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

10 minutes ago, Newtooz18 said:

Bonnie and Jewel wrote a song together?

and you mentioned a song called Rubberband? Has that leaked? 

Yeah for Britney at the FF writing camp.

I should mention it doesn't have to be one of the Oak tracks of course...I kinda forgot just now, but I've wondered if that Bonnie/Jewel/Sophie Stern track could possibly be that "A Little Too Late" (Point Of No Return?) track by an unknown singer that leaked...

Yeah here's Rubberband:

https://krakenfiles.com/view/rYQFpqjUwI/file.html

Edited by Otaku
  • Like 1

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Otaku said:

That's just what's confirmed, there's probably some/more tracks Bonnie did at that camp with at least Livvi Franc/Heather Bright/Kelly Sheehan and others

They worked a lot together, In fact I confirmed with Kelly Sheehan a Demo for Britney called "After Tonight" and I'm glad I did with her, although I would need more material from her for Brit because I love her, BTW they also wrote with Claude Kelly among other important songwriters at the time

10 minutes ago, Otaku said:

I should mention it doesn't have to be one of the Oak tracks of course...I kinda forgot just now, but I've wondered if that Bonnie/Jewel/Sophie Stern track could possibly be that "A Little Too Late" (Point Of No Return?) track by an unknown singer that leaked...

Yeah here's Rubberband:

https://krakenfiles

11 minutes ago, Otaku said:

Yeah here's Rubberband:

https://krakenfiles.com/view/rYQFpqjUwI/file.html

.com/view/rYQFpqjUwI/file.html

Thanks for the info! I love hearing about my faves unexpectedly interacting.

Rubberband is a bop! 

2 hours ago, T2P said:

We must have close to everything for Brit by now unless there’s more demos Bonnie was singer for 

Do Bonnie has demos of Inside Out and Seal It With a Kiss? + I've seen people saying she has a demo of Ooh La La since she re-wrote it for Britney, aside of the rumours about her working on Britney Jean. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Britneyadmiring said:

They worked a lot together, In fact I confirmed with Kelly Sheehan a Demo for Britney called "After Tonight" and I'm glad I did with her, although I would need more material from her for Brit because I love her, BTW they also wrote with Claude Kelly among other important songwriters at the time

Yeah Bonnie & Kelly were both signed to Rx, Heather was Livvi's main squeeze around that time and Bonnie & Livvi also worked together before that writing camp.

It seems to have been that writing camp that sort of cemented (at least for some time) those team ups though, especially Heather & Kelly's working together. And then there were the Bali writing camps after that.

I'm pretty sure After Tonight was written with Livvi & Heather BTW, not just Kelly.

5 minutes ago, ConnectedColor said:

Do Bonnie has demos of Inside Out and Seal It With a Kiss? + I've seen people saying she has a demo of Ooh La La since she re-wrote it for Britney, aside of the rumours about her working on Britney Jean. 

1 minute ago, Newtooz18 said:

Surely there must be a demo of KP’s Roar? 

It's likely there are Bonnie demos for any track she wrote for Britney, especially as the sole female writer.

But out of all the tracks Bonnie wrote for other artists, it seems most likely that there may not be Bonnie demos to some of the Katy tracks. People pitch tracks to her sometimes but AFAIK Katy's MO at the time ws basically going in with a theme (lyrically), often with another writer, and working from there.

Obviously I'm not saying there are no Bonnie demos to any of the tracks she did for/with her, there's Hold It Against Me, of course. And I'm pretty sure I've seen Katy mention that she focuses more on the lyrics than the melody when writing.

But I'd keep in mind that it's possible there aren't Bonnie demos to some of them, as well as other tracks that she wrote from scratch in sessions with capable singers that also write their own material. Like some of the Katy Perry, Adam Lamert, Paloma Faith tracks, stuff like that.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ConnectedColor said:

In fact there's an article on Billboard where Bonnie says that Britney called her to work on Britney Jean https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/bonnie-mckee-on-solo-return-next-project-britney-spears-called-me-1538855/amp/ (I love those two together) so she will have worked on several tracks and I hope that one day we will know which ones

Edited by Britneyadmiring

full Bonnie album collection

some highlights:

-intro made from scratch that you can add to your own albums. it's called 'The Vault'

-all tracks at approx same volume, trimmed or extended to flow nicely, some with tweaked EQ if needed

-Hitman with added brass section (it's a bop)

-Tanlines shortened

-Dirty Laundry with new intro

-Hallelujah with new intro (hate that synth so much lol)

-full B Sides album with all the epic leftovers.

• Like 3
  • YAAASSS 4

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)