Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

10 hours ago, T2P said:

full Bonnie album collection

some highlights:

-intro made from scratch that you can add to your own albums. it's called 'The Vault'

-all tracks at approx same volume, trimmed or extended to flow nicely, some with tweaked EQ if needed

-Hitman with added brass section (it's a bop)

-Tanlines shortened

-Dirty Laundry with new intro

-Hallelujah with new intro (hate that synth so much lol)

-full B Sides album with all the epic leftovers.

Thank you!!!

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, T2P said:

some highlights:

-intro made from scratch that you can add to your own albums. it's called 'The Vault'

-all tracks at approx same volume, trimmed or extended to flow nicely, some with tweaked EQ if needed

-Tanlines shortened

Thank you for this !

• YAAASSS 1

few more things:

-License To Love outro adjusted (bit rough, may redo it later)

-I Dare You new intro

_____

With these ‘Britney’ songs, i’m wondering if maybe some were pitched to Sky Ferreira? Like around the time that she recorded Obsession.

13 hours ago, T2P said:

With these ‘Britney’ songs, i’m wondering if maybe some were pitched to Sky Ferreira? Like around the time that she recorded Obsession.

Well, Paper Doll and Touch & Go are songs Sky Ferreira recorded and was written by Bonnie, Oligee and Josh Abraham (Sky has songwriting credits but I don't know if she actually wrote something on them but doesn't matter) so there's those two. Though I'm not sure if there's any other.

And indeed, both were recorded during the Cry Baby sessions (2009-11), at the time Obsession was made and released as single.

13 minutes ago, Ice Prince said:

Well, Paper Doll and Touch & Go are songs Sky Ferreira recorded and was written by Bonnie, Oligee and Josh Abraham (Sky has songwriting credits but I don't know if she actually wrote something on them but doesn't matter) so there's those two. Though I'm not sure if there's any other.

And indeed, both were recorded during the Cry Baby sessions (2009-11), at the time Obsession was made and released as single.

Touch & Go is supposedly a demo for Britney according to some people, but honestly It seems weird to me 🤷🏻‍♂️ Sky Ferreira was very clear in saying that none of the songs on "Cry Baby" was for artists 

Edited by Britneyadmiring

On 11/5/2022 at 2:12 AM, T2P said:

some highlights:

-Tanlines shortened

Thank you so much. I can’t believe this girl can’t get her pop career going with all this awesome material.

11 minutes ago, Peter Parker said:

but some Britney stans have an obsession with thinking that anything by other artist that sounds a little like Britney is actually a demo for her.

Exactly lol

11 minutes ago, Peter Parker said:

I've even seen Bullet by Kerli being referred as a demo rejected for Femme Fatale 💀

The weird think about that is that we don't even know where they got that information from, we know that Kerli worked on Femme Fatale but she never mentioned the titles of the tracks

3 hours ago, Peter Parker said:

The only Sky song that I think it was actually for Britney is Elevator....Touch & Go and Paper Doll were fully for her, but some Britney stans have an obsession with thinking that anything by other artist that sounds a little like Britney is actually a demo for her.

I've even seen Bullet by Kerli being referred as a demo rejected for Femme Fatale 💀

I've heard that too but I don't think it was confirmed, only rumoured. Honestly I cannot hear Britney in Elevator, but who knows.

3 hours ago, Britneyadmiring said:

The weird thing about that is that we don't even know where they got that information from, we know that Kerli worked on Femme Fatale but she never mentioned the titles of the tracks

Bullet was pretty much for Weapons of Mass Creation as it's weaponry-themed just like Army of Love, Love Bomb (another falsely-attributed song to Britney), Blow the Speakers Up, the title track etc. (For who needs clarifying, Weapons of Mass Creation the album she worked on and planned for release in 2012 before it was scrapped in favour of Utopia; she recorded it from 2009 to 2011 matching with the time Femme Fatale was produced.)

Now what I think that could've happened is, if Bullet (and ultimately Love Bomb) was made around 2010, it could've been temporarily considered for Britney but then saved for Kerli (and then WOMC was scrapped lol) but tbh I don't actually think either Bullet or Love Bomb were ever pitched to Britney. To be fair, I didn't know Kerli was involved in Femme Fatale at all?

1 hour ago, Ice Prince said:

I've heard that too but I don't think it was confirmed, only rumoured. Honestly I cannot hear Britney in Elevator, but who knows.

Bullet was pretty much for Weapons of Mass Creation as it's weaponry-themed just like Army of Love, Love Bomb (another falsely-attributed song to Britney), Blow the Speakers Up, the title track etc. (For who needs clarifying, Weapons of Mass Creation the album she worked on and planned for release in 2012 before it was scrapped in favour of Utopia; she recorded it from 2009 to 2011 matching with the time Femme Fatale was produced.)

Now what I think that could've happened is, if Bullet (and ultimately Love Bomb) was made around 2010, it could've been temporarily considered for Britney but then saved for Kerli (and then WOMC was scrapped lol) but tbh I don't actually think either Bullet or Love Bomb were ever pitched to Britney. To be fair, I didn't know Kerli was involved in Femme Fatale at all?

Love Bomb sounds great, not 100% Femme Fatale but who knows, although during that time everyone used that kind of sound

Years ago on Facebook a Britney page had said that "XO" was for Britney, and few months ago I dediced to ask Kerli and this was her response: 

Screenshot_20221106-202828_Instagram.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Britneyadmiring said:

Love Bomb sounds great, not 100% Femme Fatale but who knows, although during that time everyone used that kind of sound

Years ago on Facebook a Britney page had said that "XO" was for Britney, and few months ago I dediced to ask Kerli and this was her response: 

Screenshot_20221106-202828_Instagram.jpg

Not to be shady but I truly despise when Facebook/Twitter/Instagram pages claim a song to have been meant for an artist and it ends up being false. Like, why make it up lol. I'm almost certain (literally only need a confirmation of hers/her team/an insider) that neither Bullet or Love Bomb were for FF, and I remember both being uploaded to YouTube as 'demos for Britney Spears' when they were actually songs for her own album :yeah: 

If anything, in case Kerli was indeed writing songs for Britney back then, they probably remain unleaked or are unknown. Personally, I didn't even know that.

But you're right, back then that was the standard pop sound, many artists had it as their go-to sound. 

And I'm jealous! Kerli has never replied anything I've asked lol

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ice Prince said:

Not to be shady but I truly despise when Facebook/Twitter/Instagram pages claim a song to have been meant for an artist and it ends up being false. Like, why make it up lol. I'm almost certain (literally only need a confirmation of hers/her team/an insider) that neither Bullet or Love Bomb were for FF, and I remember both being uploaded to YouTube as 'demos for Britney Spears' when they were actually songs for her own album :yeah:

I hate these kind of fans, so don't worry, you're not sound shady lol, most Britney "demos" that were rumored years ago turn out to be fake (not always) but yes

3 hours ago, Ice Prince said:

If anything, in case Kerli was indeed writing songs for Britney back then, they probably remain unleaked or are unknown. Personally, I didn't even know that

Kerli most likely worked with Fraser Smith for Femme Fatale, literally most writers made demos with him to send to Britney or other artists

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DiEEnE said:

Thank you so much. I can’t believe this girl can’t get her pop career going with all this awesome material.

thank u. i’ll be adding the halloween music tonight. if anyone has feedback it would be much appreciated!

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)