Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

2 hours ago, Britneyadmiring said:

Does anyone know what year "Wild Card" by Bonnie was recorded? That track always gave me Femme Fatale vibes, although I could be wrong

Seeing as Claude Kelly and Oligee wrote the track, It's a possibility

2013 (?) it was on the whiteboard from September 2013, but as we know Outlaw was there too, so it’s possible.

• Like 2

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just A Kiss snippet has been out there for ages, the forum ignored it because they were too concerned with petty drama, or Forever 21. Just A Kiss is one of the best from the era by far. Bonnie confirmed the song will make the record when prompted on TikTok.

Soundtrack To The End as Moonchild said was confirmed to be an Epic title by insiders. Asked Bonnie about it and she said it’s on her list (to release I presume(?), but that it’s just an 80’s power ballad and she’s not sure if the world wants that. 

Go Getter is an Epic outtake yes, same sessions as LCL and SGGH along with whatever else she did with Greg. When it comes to who was pitched where, both Go Getter and LCL were for pitch afaik, but they were for the album first. When asked about LCL on TikTok, Bonnie said that it wasn’t on the top of her list, but she’s glad people like it. So that one is scrapped.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Britneyadmiring said:

Months ago a user on genius registered a track called "Love In Slow Motion" as a Britney Spears demo https://genius.com/Bonnie-mckee-love-in-slow-motion-lyrics

Does anyone know anything about that supposed track? Imo, It's just assumption of that person

never heard that title before... maybe it was a fake?

although when it comes to the tons of songs Bonnie has recorded, we could add a page with a random title, and it would end up being a real title of a song she recorded but we just didn't know it existed

:cackle: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ice Prince said:

never heard that title before... maybe it was a fake?

although when it comes to the tons of songs Bonnie has recorded, we could add a page with a random title, and it would end up being a real title of a song she recorded but we just didn't know it existed

:cackle: 

Lmao true, I asked that person where he got information that this track was for Britney but he didn't answer, so I guess he's lying

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Britneyadmiring said:

Well, I asked Bonnie If "Surrender" was for Britney and she said no, she only did Rules of Attraction and one more track (I guess the other track is "I Dare You") with Fraser Smith and Ina Wroldsen for Femme Fatale, I was hoping for a "Yes" because I love that song lol

makes sense to me, Surrender is another vocal heavy song. we must have close to everything for Brit by now unless there’s more demos Bonnie was singer for 

• Like 2

On 11/1/2022 at 10:49 AM, tropicalian said:

yes, head on and worst in me are 2007 too

Hm are they definitely?

I always figured that she signed with Pulse in 2009, does anybody know exactly?

I know Oligee was already signed and he sort of got her that deal.

Obviously she could've written those early tracks with him before she had her deal and they were only registered afterwards. But she's also said it was Fireflies, Mine & Teenage Heart that got her that publishing deal. And althought Teenage Heart is a bit more upbeat, those songs and all the other Post-Trouble (from ~2005-2007) are all very different from her post-Oligee solo material (~2007 or 2008-2009).

Those 2005-2007 were pretty much all live instrumentation. Maybe some drum programming here and there, but still very much Pop-Rock tracks. Mostly tracks Bonnie probably wrote by herself on piano, and were re-worked/expanded upon by producers, like Trouble. She still had more acoustic sounding and ballady stuff of course, but there clearly was a turning point where she sort of 'went electro', which was oviously Oliver's influence.

I always thought that point was in early 2009 or maybe late 2008. But maybe all that happened like a year earlier.

Come to think of it, tracks like Romantic Rage & Rubberband seem to have been made around that turning point and those are supposedly from 2007 as well.

All that said...is U Won even Oligee & Josh Abraham, though?

That's what my file said, I'm guessing that's what it said on Genius at some point, but I don't see any evidence of it as far as it being registered anywhere goes. The only likely song with that title registered is one written by Jennifer Karr/Shep Solomon/Jimmy Harry. And although Jennifer Karr sings her own demos and does session work as well, it wouldn't be the first time a sessions singer did a reference track for a song she wrote.

2 hours ago, T2P said:

makes sense to me, Surrender is another vocal heavy song. we must have close to everything for Brit by now unless there’s more demos Bonnie was singer for 

Bonnie worked on Femme Fatale with Dr Luke/Rx producers for several months. Not full time of course, but still...that could potentially be a lot of songs, none of which appear to be registered.

Obviously we got a good bunch on the album, and a good bunch of leaked demos. But a lot of the leaks we got were tracks that were done at the Teresa LaBarbara Whites Femme Fatale writing camp.

There's at least 1 more track Bonnie wrote at that camp with Danja, and another 1 she wrote with Sophie Stern & Jewel. Since there's supposedly 1 more Bonnie/Sophie/Oak & Pop track from that camp, it could be either that or Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (Battle Royale seems kind of unlikely).

That's just what's confirmed, there's probably some/more tracks Bonnie did at that camp with at least Livvi Franc/Heather Bright/Kelly Sheehan and others.

Edited by Otaku

29 minutes ago, Otaku said:

Hm are they definitely?

I always figured that she signed with Pulse in 2009, does anybody know exactly?

I know Oligee was already signed and he sort of got her that deal.

Obviously she could've written those early tracks with him before she had her deal and they were only registered afterwards. But she's also said it was Fireflies, Mine & Teenage Heart that got her that publishing deal. And althought Teenage Heart is a bit more upbeat, those songs and all the other Post-Trouble (from ~2005-2007) are all very different from her post-Oligee solo material (~2007 or 2008-2009).

Those 2005-2007 were pretty much all live instrumentation. Maybe some drum programming here and there, but still very much Pop-Rock tracks. Mostly tracks Bonnie probably wrote by herself on piano, and were re-worked/expanded upon by producers, like Trouble. She still had more acoustic sounding and ballady stuff of course, but there clearly was a turning point where she sort of 'went electro', which was oviously Oliver's influence.

I always thought that point was in early 2009 or maybe late 2008. But maybe all that happened like a year earlier.

Come to think of it, tracks like Romantic Rage & Rubberband seem to have been made around that turning point and those are supposedly from 2007 as well.

All that said...is U Won even Oligee & Josh Abraham, though?

That's what my file said, I'm guessing that's what it said on Genius at some point, but I don't see any evidence of it as far as it being registered anywhere goes. The only likely song with that title registered is one written by Jennifer Karr/Shep Solomon/Jimmy Harry. And although Jennifer Karr sings her own demos and does session work as well, it wouldn't be the first time a sessions singer did a reference track for a song she wrote.

yeah they're from 2007. she started working with oligee, she posted worst in me and head on on her myspace in 2008 though they were made in 2007. 
hmm the leaked file had oliver and josh attached in the credits iirc. and head on sounds very similar to u won

Edited by tropicalian

20 minutes ago, Otaku said:

Bonnie worked on Femme Fatale with Dr Luke/Rx producers for several months. Not full time of course, but still...that could potentially be a lot of songs, none of which appear to be registered.

Obviously we got a good bunch on the album, and a good bunch of leaked demos. But a lot of the leaks we got were tracks that were done at the Teresa LaBarbara Whites Femme Fatale writing camp.

There's at least 1 more track Bonnie wrote at that camp with Danja, and another 1 she wrote with Sophie Stern & Jewel. Since there's supposedly 1 more Bonnie/Sophie/Oak & Pop track from that camp, it's either that or Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (Battle Royale seems kind of unlikely).

That's just what's confirmed, there's probably some/more tracks Bonnie did at that camp with at least Livvi Franc/Heather Bright/Kelly Sheehan and others.

Bonnie and Jewel wrote a song together?

and you mentioned a song called Rubberband? Has that leaked? 

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)