Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

11 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Where did these Just A Kiss and Soundtrack songs come from? Are they being leaked in the future?

A snippet of Just a Kiss leaked, it's like 20 seconds long. She also can be seen recording it during one of the Breaking Bonnie episodes, can't remember which one tho.

Soundtrack to the End has been alluded to by insiders and people with exclusive material, and it's said to be originated from the Epic sessions (that would make two songs from the album that were not alluded in the whiteboard or performed live, so it makes me think they're from the latest sessions before it was scrapped). No snippets have leaked.

Additionally, Bonnie herself acknowledged the existence of both songs in TikTok comments recently. She says Just a Kiss is definitely in consideration for the album, and Soundtrack to the End is an 80s ballad that 'she is not sure if that's what the public wants' but that it could end up being included.

If the album is released dddd. if not, I need both to leak immediately, as apparently both are circulating.

Lastly, there's another song from the era, titled Heroes & Villains (snippet leaked), but iirc Bonnie hasn't mentioned it at all, not even in her TikTok comments.

Edited by Ice Prince
  • Like 2
  • YAAASSS 1

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hyper late to the Bonnie demos for FF thing but I did this with songs she pitched + other similar sounding demos from the time. Didn't include demos for Hold It Against Me and Gasoline because those were released by Britney + Outlaw because it was repurposed for S.L.A.Y. so I think these sound nice altogether. The ones with (*) are not confirmed to have been for Britney but they kinda fit so yeah.

1. Lie Detector
  2. Femme Fatale
  3. RIP
  4. Risky Business*
  5. Battle Royale
  6. Psycho*
  7. Earthquake*
  8. The Rules of Attraction
  9. Surrender*
  10. Catch Me If You Can
  11. Kiss Kiss
  12. U Won*
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Ice Prince said:

1. Lie Detector
  2. Femme Fatale
  3. RIP
  4. Risky Business*
  5. Battle Royale
  6. Psycho*
  7. Earthquake*
  9. Surrender*
  10. Catch Me If You Can
  11. Kiss Kiss
  12. U Won*

Surrender is so good but i’ve kept it off because of the quality. Is it available in HQ?

Also, I’m claiming Go Getter as an epic song without any proof lol. The tone just feels different and the fact that it was produced by Greg Kurstin.

Edited by T2P

29 minutes ago, T2P said:

Surrender is so good but i’ve kept it off because of the quality. Is it available in HQ?

Also, I’m claiming Go Getter as an epic song without any proof lol. The tone just feels different and the fact that it was produced by Greg Kurstin.

I have this file of Surrender, I think it's pretty HQ! (the artwork is not mine, I grabbed this file from someone's masterpost like 5 years ago along with Rules, I Dare You and many others that were available at the time, and they included their own artwork and tracklist)

nnn I despise Go Getter but I do remember it's been said to have been recorded during the sessions for the Epic album.

Edited by Ice Prince

1 hour ago, Ice Prince said:

I have this file of Surrender, I think it's pretty HQ! (the artwork is not mine, I grabbed this file from someone's masterpost like 5 years ago along with Rules, I Dare You and many others that were available at the time, and they included their own artwork and tracklist)

nnn I despise Go Getter but I do remember it's been said to have been recorded during the sessions for the Epic album.

it sounds better thank you! is there any chance you have Future Ex-Boyfriend HQ? it's one of my favorites.

I've finished all eras except for a Part 2 for SLAY. I just can't work out a good title or concept for the extra tracks. It feels like it should be 'S.L.A.Y. Pt II' or something like that but I can't work it out. If you have any ideas let me know!

10 hours ago, Ice Prince said:

hyper late to the Bonnie demos for FF thing but I did this with songs she pitched + other similar sounding demos from the time. Didn't include demos for Hold It Against Me and Gasoline because those were released by Britney + Outlaw because it was repurposed for S.L.A.Y. so I think these sound nice altogether. The ones with (*) are not confirmed to have been for Britney but they kinda fit so yeah.

1. Lie Detector
  2. Femme Fatale
  3. RIP
  4. Risky Business*
  5. Battle Royale
  6. Psycho*
  7. Earthquake*
  9. Surrender*
  10. Catch Me If You Can
  11. Kiss Kiss
  12. U Won*

U Won sounds like a Kesha pitch Imo, but who know

Risky Business def was for Britney, her voice in the demo says It all, the same with Earthquake

Edited by Britneyadmiring
  • Like 1

U Won always sounded like a Christina Aguilera track to me. But it's pretty generic, can't say I ever listened to it much.

@tropicalian Is that 100% confirmed? I wouldn't have guessed it was that old, was Bonnie with/work with Oligee as far back as 2007?

I think I've said this before but I'd put money on Go Getter & Last Call Lover being Jennifer Lopez AKA pitches. They sound nothing like Bonnie's own material from that time, everything like JLo tracks vocally and Greg Kurstin did at least 1 other track for that album (Sweet Design with Sia).

Edited by Otaku

49 minutes ago, Otaku said:

U Won always sounded like a Christina Aguilera track to me. But it's pretty generic, can't say I ever listened to it much.

@tropicalian Is that 100% confirmed? I wouldn't have guessed it was that old, was Bonnie with/work with Oligee as far back as 2007?

I think I've said this before but I'd put money on Go Getter & Last Call Lover being Jennifer Lopez AKA pitches. They sound nothing like Bonnie's own material from that time, everything like JLo tracks vocally and Greg Kurstin did at least 1 other track for that album (Sweet Design with Sia).

i just don’t see that as enough justification. Sweet Design was pitched more likely because of Sia’s power at the time and not related to Greg. And JLo takes demos every year, not necessarily related to AKA. Whilst JLo could potentially sing those songs, there’s no indication that Bonnie has any connection to her. LCL sounds much more like Bonnie than JLo’s material to me.

• Like 1

When I first heard Last Call Lover my first thought was that it sounded like a Jennifer Lopez pitch. Pretty sure I didn't know it was Greg Kurstin yet. When I heard a clip of Go Getter, same. I only realized later that Greg did at least Sweet Design around that time as well. Obviously Sia was the connection there, but it's hardly farfetched to think he did additional tracks.

I'm not sure why it matters if JLo takes demos all year long. An artist like her probably has random writers/producers submitting demos without being commissioned to pitch tracks. Chances are Bonnie worked on tracks for Love? as well, and Hasta La Vista sure sounds like it was written with her in mind.

The point is that JLo potentially works with anyone, so do Greg & Bonnie. It's not like Bonnie, or any artist/writer/producer, really needs a definite connection to an artist. She's a songwriter, who has publishers and A&R management and will basically work with/write for whoever she's booked to because that's her job and she needs money. Writers generally don't go around deciding who they want to write a track for today, that's an occassional luxury.

Obviously relationships between different publishers and record companies make it more and sometimes less likely for certain people to work with other people. But exclusive deals like Dr Luke had with RCA in the late 00s are very rare.

Even though Luke clearly had her working with a lot of his Rx artists/writers/producers, that's not all she did by far. She was working with lots of artists/writers/producers around the turn of the decade (10s) that sometimes had no obvious link to Rx or Pulse.

My point is that even if Sweet Design didn't exist or we never knew about it, I still would've assumed both tracks were JLo pitches. Sweet Design just backs the likeliness up a bit more.

I'm honestly not interested in convincing others, it's just my two cents.

Some people seem to always try and pinpoint which of her unreleased album projects tracks that aren't obvious Femme Fatale pitches were for. But the vast majority of her post 2007-ish work was simply written for other people. That was her main job.

7 hours ago, T2P said:

it sounds better thank you! is there any chance you have Future Ex-Boyfriend HQ? it's one of my favorites.

I've finished all eras except for a Part 2 for SLAY. I just can't work out a good title or concept for the extra tracks. It feels like it should be 'S.L.A.Y. Pt II' or something like that but I can't work it out. If you have any ideas let me know!

I don't have FEB in HQ :(  I've tried to find one but all seems to be a YouTube rip of a MySpace rip that was uploaded to YouTube with degraded quality :yeah: 

What about simply: S.L.A.Y. - Side B? When I run out of ideas I pull a Carly and bring Side B to the table :cackle: 

I always put off organizing my unreleased collections because new things are always dropping and I also don't care too much about the year recorded or the producer who worked on the tracks, I just like to make albums that flow well and have a kind of theme. 

I have just about organized 10 different Bonnie albums and for my Femme Fatale I have selected the following songs (but not put them in a set track list yet) are

Hold It Against Me

Battle Royale

Sayonara

RIP

Calling All Cars

Outlaw

Risky Business

Psycho  

Lie Detector

Catch Me If You Can

Earthquake

DNA

Gasoline

Femme Fatale

Licence to Love

Guilty Pleasure

Does any sexy sod have a Bonnie McKee Femme Fatale artwork?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Britneyadmiring said:

Does anyone know what year "Wild Card" by Bonnie was recorded? That track always gave me Femme Fatale vibes, although I could be wrong

Seeing as Claude Kelly and Oligee wrote the track, It's a possibility

I think the file we have was exported in mid-2014, but as of when it was recorded? Maybe 2012... not completely sure.

33 minutes ago, Newtooz18 said:

Does any sexy sod have a Bonnie McKee Femme Fatale artwork?

still working on one for myself :yeah: if I get something worth it I'll definitely post it!

• Like 2

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)