Sugababes

Main Pop Girl

3 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

Interesting that out of every track under their control they chose “Breathe Me” and “Back to Life”.

Yep thought so too. Out of all demos/leaks those three ? I mean they‘re good, but there are others that I personally wanted on a deluxe.

Also I am still mad that they aren‘t able to include Love in Stereo and Too in Love. I love those two. 

And for me I would‘ve chosen Light Up, Up in Flames and Garage Flowers. But oh well I am thankful for everything we get.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ashura776 said:

Yep thought so too. Out of all demos/leaks those three ? I mean they‘re good, but there are others that I personally wanted on a deluxe.

Also I am still mad that they aren‘t able to include Love in Stereo and Too in Love. I love those two. 

And for me I would‘ve chosen Light Up, Up in Flames and Garage Flowers. But oh well I am thankful for everything we get.

I’d dearly love for them to release a final mix/ mastered version of “Enough”. It stands as a true testament to how strong these sessions are that we all have our favourites (and they are all different).

• Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 9:12 PM, metalsnake25 said:

So I just found out about this, Heidi sung background vocals on Honeyz's Talk to The Hand

Like you said, Heidi recorded a few songs with First Avenue Records before she eventually joined the Sugababes, and "Talk to the Hand" happens to be one of them. She talks about working with them here. The song was recorded in early/summer 2000 with the Celena-Naima-Mariama lineup and them rerecorded with Heavenli when Mariama left the group and she came back. It's difficult to point out who's who on the song considering there's a lot of vocalists on it; 2 session singers, Celena, Naima, Mariama, Heavenli, and Heidi. But you can hear her at 2:29 mark ("talk to the hand honey, because the face ain't listening).

• Like 2

As a self confessed shameless pop whore with an insatiable curiosity for strength of melody (regardless of whatever politically inconvenient Sugababes lineup it originated from) and because “The Lost Tapes/ No Regrets” has now gone mainstream..

Other (now) more shadow aspects of Sugababes history have piqued my interest, resulting in a refreshed curiosity about the less explored, darker recesses of the overarching Sugababes catalogue/ legacy..

I would personally rather focus on the (HAJ), 4.0 + RCA/ Sony album that features ‘Freedom’, ‘Hard’, ‘Tetris’ & ‘Never Look Back’ and is at least (in part) produced by ‘the invisible men’/ Orson, who previously produced 3.0’s ‘Easy’ (during the Universal Island tenure)..

However something instinctively now keeps dragging me back to “Sweet 7” (possibly because the roots of what came next stem from there), so to recap in the hope of shaking something out the tree for all of us..—————————————————————
[Keisha Buchanan “Sweet 7” era vocal tracks plus current status of each individual track].

01, Get Sexy ^
02, Wear My Kiss *
03, About A Girl *
04, Wait For You *
05, Thank You For The Heartbreak *
06, Miss Everything *
07, She's A Mess ¥
08, Give It To Me Now ¥
09, Crash & Burn ~
10, No More You +
11, Sweet & Amazing +
12, Little Miss Perfect +

[Other Unused Leak from Stargate Sessions, NOT later re-voxed by Jade Ewen]:

13, Lincoln Continental +
—————————————————————
^ Officially Released with Keisha In WAV uncompressed Lossless Format.

* Unofficially leaked from album sampler in MP3 [320 kbps] Format (widely circulated).

¥ Apparently, genuinely un-leaked to anyone, in any format.

~ An additional track apparently never recorded by Keisha and only recorded by the HAJ/ 4.0 lineup then subsequently worked into the “Sweet 7” track sequence only after Keisha’s departure.

+ Unofficially leaked from Stargate Sessions In WAV uncompressed Lossless Format. In limited circulation/ self ‘vaulted’ by an intentionally quiet, specific core fan group.
—————————————————————
Note 1: All Stargate produced tracks that previously leaked in 320 kbps from the ‘Sweet 7’ album sampler are (independently of the sampler) presumably also present and included in the “Stargate Sessions: May 2009” - ‘pack’ in higher than MP3 320 kbps (including an unfinished early/ alternate work in progress Keisha vocal mix of “Thank You For The Heartbreak”) in WAV Lossless Quality.

Note 2: Separately from above, Jade Ewen once admitted she had initially and mistakenly been given a CDr of rejected ‘Sweet 7’ era tracks from Crown to learn in preparation for her re-vox of the album. Nothing has ever suggested THIS specific CDr was limited to or exclusively consisted of Stargate productions. However, other known tracks from the ‘Sweet 7’, (completely un-leaked) reject pile includes:

- Firefly (supposedly written by Bonnie McKee/ Brian Kennedy)
- Better Than Love
- Killer On The Run
- Not Just A Girl
- 2 x un-named Crystal Nicole/ Syience tracks
- 2 x un-named RedOne tracks

Note 3: There is an unconfirmed rumour that Stargate produced Sugababes tracks were amongst the leaked Alexandra Burke Stargate sessions from a decade ago, that bizarrely the Alexandra Burke stan who took possession of them (at the time), apparently tossed the Sugababes tracks aside as he was myopically and exclusively only interested in Alexandra Burke.

Note 4: Similar to “When You’re Gone” from the TIMW re-pack, “Crash & Burn”, did not exist/ was not recorded by a (soon to be departing) original member during recording sessions for the original version of each (of the above) wholly separate and respective album eras.

[Selected frames of reference]:

NxUu6Ru.jpg
Wlbx07E.jpg
Nz8KcLF.jpg
7eNU26P.jpg
kHGaJRf.jpg

Edited by Dax Diameter
Refinement.

1 hour ago, Dax Diameter said:

As a self confessed shameless pop whore with an insatiable curiosity for strength of melody (regardless of whatever politically inconvenient Sugababes lineup it originated from) and because “The Lost Tapes/ No Regrets” has now gone mainstream..

Other (now) more shadow aspects of Sugababes history have piqued my interest, resulting in a refreshed curiosity about the less explored, darker recesses of the overarching Sugababes catalogue/ legacy..

I would personally rather focus on the (HAJ), 4.0 + RCA/ Sony album that features ‘Freedom’, ‘Hard’, ‘Tetris’ & ‘Never Look Back’ and is at least (in part) produced by ‘the invisible men’/ Orson, who previously produced 3.0’s ‘Easy’ (during the Universal Island tenure)..

However something instinctively now keeps dragging me back to “Sweet 7” (possibly because the roots of what came next stem from there), so to recap in the hope of shaking something out the tree for all of us..—————————————————————
[Keisha Buchanan “Sweet 7” era vocal tracks plus current status of each individual track].

01, Get Sexy ^
02, Wear My Kiss *
03, About A Girl *
04, Wait For You *
05, Thank You For The Heartbreak (Early WIP Mix) +
06, Miss Everything *
07, She's A Mess ¥
08, Give It To Me Now ¥
09, Crash & Burn ¥
10, No More You +
11, Sweet & Amazing +
12, Little Miss Perfect +

[Other Unused Leak from Stargate Sessions, NOT later re-voxed by Jade Ewen]:

13, Lincoln Continental +
—————————————————————
^ Officially Released with Keisha In WAV uncompressed Lossless Format.

* Unofficially leaked from album sampler in MP3 [320 kbps] Format (widely circulated).

¥ Supposedly authentically un-leaked to anyone, in any format.

+ Unofficially leaked from Stargate Sessions In WAV uncompressed Lossless Format. In limited circulation/ self ‘vaulted’ by an intentionally quiet, specific core fan group.
—————————————————————
Note 1: All Stargate produced tracks that previously leaked in 320 kbps from the ‘Sweet 7’ album sampler are (independently of the sampler) presumably also present and included in the Stargate Sessions “pack” in higher than MP3 320 kbps, WAV Lossless Quality.

Note 2: Separately from above, Jade Ewen once admitted she had initially and mistakenly been given a CDr of rejected ‘Sweet 7’ era tracks to learn in preparation for her re-vox of the album. Nothing has ever suggested THIS specific CDr was limited to or exclusively consisted of Stargate productions. However, other known tracks from the ‘Sweet 7’ totally un-leaked reject pile includes:

- Firefly (supposedly written by Bonnie McKee/ Brian Kennedy)
- Better Than Love
- Killer On The Run
- Not Just A Girl
- 2 x un-named Crystal Nicole/ Syience tracks
- 2 x un-named RedOne tracks

Note 3: There is an unconfirmed rumour that Stargate produced Sugababes tracks were amongst the leaked Alexandra Burke Stargate sessions from a decade ago, that bizarrely the Alexandra Burke stan who took possession of them (at the time), apparently tossed the Sugababes tracks aside as he was myopically and exclusively solely interested in Alexandra Burke.

[Selected frames of reference]:

NxUu6Ru.jpg
Wlbx07E.jpg
Nz8KcLF.jpg
7eNU26P.jpg
kHGaJRf.jpg

I really hope that we can hear the other tracks in the future. "Sweet 7" holds a really special place in my heart and I would love to her Keisha version of the other tracks!

• Like 2

Honestly, the majority of the songs from Sweet 7 were so trendy at the time that they've aged really poorly today (like that Lincoln Continental demo by Ne-Yo). Meanwhile a lot of stuff from the MKS and MKH eras still sound super current and fun and seemed to be more personal to the girls so I'd much rather hear that!

• Like 2

On 1/9/2023 at 8:17 AM, Leaving said:

Honestly, the majority of the songs from Sweet 7 were so trendy at the time that they've aged really poorly today (like that Lincoln Continental demo by Ne-Yo). Meanwhile a lot of stuff from the MKS and MKH eras still sound super current and fun and seemed to be more personal to the girls so I'd much rather hear that!

Same here.

I wonder if they recorded more tracks like Hot Under the Collar during the Catfight era. It is kinda similar to the direction they went during the sweet 7 era but it was actually good, less americanised and more authentically them. 

• Like 1