Sugababes

Main Pop Girl

This one off, stand alone concert only makes sense in context of it being a launch platform for an album. Never at any point have they performed any ‘new’ material (the exception being “Flowers”), that was not going to be on the original album.

On the basis Polydor have a 10 year license over the original album, pretty much anything old that the group wish to carry forward on a revamped 2023 version, would become legally possible that month (September), as it’s exactly 10 years after “Flatline”.

I suspect we will get two or three actual new tracks worked into the 2023 track listing.  I wouldn’t be surprised if appears on any Warner affiliated imprint.

Edited by Dax Diameter
Grammar
  • Shook 1

24 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

This one off, stand alone concert only makes sense in context of it being a launch platform for an album. Never at any point have they performed any ‘new’ material (the exception being “Flowers”), that was not going to be on the original album.

On the basis Polydor have a 10 year license over the original album, pretty much anything old that the group wish to carry forward on a revamped 2023 version, would become legally possible that month (September), as it’s exactly 10 years after “Flatline”.

I suspect we will get two or three actual new tracks worked into the 2023 track listing.  I wouldn’t be surprised if appears on any Warner affiliated imprint.

Sugababes + Warner = WIN!

• Like 2

“Do you think this is the best lineup then”?

I don’t think Keisha was ever this publicly unguarded as she was here from 3 mins, 30 secs on (much to Amelle’s increasing discomfort). Also interesting to hear her mention Siobhan (by name) as late as 2008.

51CV6Gs.jpg

Edited by Dax Diameter
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

“Do you think this is the best lineup then”?

I don’t think Keisha was ever this publicly unguarded as she was here from 3 mins, 30 secs on (much to Amelle’s increasing discomfort). Also interesting to hear her mention Siobhan (by name) as late as 2008.

51CV6Gs.jpg

Amelle always looks kind of awkward but she seems really uncomfortable there. It's honestly pretty rude that Keisha is basically saying that the lineup with Amella isn't her favourite right in front of Amelle's face, but I don't think she meant it in a mean way. I can honestly see how Keisha could say things innocently that would come off as bullying to other people...Although in the case of Siobhan or even Heidi when she first joined the group, I don't think anyone could argue that it was just a misunderstanding.

It's interesting that Mutya never reached out to Heidi when she left though, especially when they were meant to be the closest. No wonder Heidi didn't necessarily want to see her later on when Mutya tried making amends.

7 hours ago, 808Dream said:

Mutya looks dramatically different :wut:

sugababes-london-o2-arena-tgj-scaled.jpeg

She’s had her lips done, but it’s Mutya and she has a certain history.. the destination of that topic is not a place our future selves would thank us for going down. Along with Dusty Springfield, she genuinely possesses one of the finest, undisputed, home grown female voices the U.K. has ever produced and for that reason her place in music history is already recognised and assured.

Edited by Dax Diameter
Syntax

43 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

She’s had her lips done, but it’s Mutya and she has a certain history.. the destination of that topic is not a place our future selves would thank us for going down. Along with Dusty Springfield, she genuinely possesses one of the finest, undisputed, home grown female voices the U.K. has ever produced and for that reason her place in music history is already recognised and assured.

I like Mutya's voice a lot, probably the most recognizable out of the three.

didn't almost recognize her at first, thought it was Rita Ora, 

53 minutes ago, 808Dream said:

Holy Cr... 

No way! she was cute back then no need for star trekking so much. 

WAY better back then. 

Pic su coeur 😒

She looks fine. I honestly don’t know what backwards part of the planet you are from, but in many places it’s no longer considered normal for a man to openly judge a woman based on her appearance in 2022 (and has not been for years now). Next you will be coming for Kim Petra’s for being trans.

8 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

She looks fine. I honestly don’t know what backwards part of the planet you are from, but in many places it’s no longer considered normal for a man to openly judge a woman based on her appearance in 2022 (and has not been for years now). Next you will be coming for Kim Petra’s for being trans.

I'm free to express my opinion as long as I do it politely, I openly support women who accept their body and age, whatever their weight shape or whatever. 

But Im against any kind of invasive surgery especially if the person is young and still healthy. 

No matter what you say will make me change my mind. 

Are you stalking me? Lol

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 4:53 PM, 808Dream said:

Are you stalking me? Lol

You came in with your hot-take on Mutya’s physical appearance, assuming we would fall in line and shame ourselves by engaging in a mass Mutya ‘pile on’.. well that shit ain’t happening! 

You don’t know what insecurities Mutya has (those in her circle and real fans have known for years) and have consciously and intentionally sought NOT to open that can of worms and to protect her from the harsh realities of social media. This is how she chooses to process them (her insecurities).

It is directly because of Mutya’s long history (with people like you) on social media, in conjunction to her insecurities that has led her directly to the surgeons office so many times in her life (this is not news to any long term fan).

Most people believe in an individual’s right to choose what is right for them. You can believe what you want when it comes to autonomy over your own body, but do not dare dictate your misogynistic and egotistical views over someone as genuinely fragile and vulnerable as Mutya for something as cheap and low down as a kii !

You obviously never got the memo about women of colour and gay men (which pop forums are full of) sharing the same societal enemies.

So don’t now spit the dummy out the pram and cosplay at being the adult in the room, nobody is dumb enough to fall for it!

Edited by Dax Diameter
Syntax

Going back to the topic of unreleased tracks, Back in 2016 Novel Stevenson (who produced Back Down for Change) previewed his unreleased material and one of them was a Sugababes track, unfortunately the title is unknown.

Facebook the track appears at 1:58

Edited by metalsnake25
Added a period to my sentence
  • Like 1