Sugababes

Main Pop Girl

4 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

The babes' show yesterday at Isle of Wight was broadcasted on Sky Tv. It was not available outside the UK. Anyone got the chance to record the broadcast ?

I don’t subscribe to Sky (a premium service) and if I did I would not have a clue how to break through the digital broadcast encryption.  If this ever does appear, it sounds like the kind of thing that (in days gone by) would have shown up as a google drive folder on torrent sites like ‘Pirate Bay’ (if that’s even still a thing).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Leaving said:

Some of the choreography and stage presence is a little questionable in this clip... :awkwardney: But their vocals sound brilliant as ever!

I get what you mean. MKS has never been about their dancing skills but rather for their coolness and completely asummed awkward half dancing. That Overload stool choregraphy comes straight from their very first performances.

That being said, I think that they have great ernergy : Keisha owns the stage (she has so much charisma), Siobhan seems much more confident than she used to be (her stage fright days are long gone), and Mutya seems to be enjoying herself. The latter made a few error with Keisha playfully and professionally reminding her (they actually crack me up).

Their songs are powered up by the new arrangement and their harmonies and vocals which are on top (Mutya's voice seems a bit dry but still she does manage pretty well).

All in all, I think it's a great performance. The imperfection is what I personally love. They are just being themself and it works way more than 4.0 performing Sweat 7 songs with perfectly clean choreography.😁

Knowing their show is packed with hit, it must be an awesome experience. Too bad they are pretty unknown in France because I would love to see them.

Edited by sunshineslave
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

I get what you mean. MKS has never been about their dancing skills but rather for their coolness and completely asummed awkward half dancing. That Overload stool choregraphy comes straight from their very first performances.

That being said, I think that they have great ernergy : Keisha owns the stage (she has so much charisma), Siobhan seems much more confident than she used to be (her stage fright days are long gone), and Mutya seems to be enjoying herself. The latter made a few error with Keisha playfully and professionally reminding her (they actually crack me up).

Their songs are powered up by the new arrangement and their harmonies and vocals which are on top (Mutya's voice seems a bit dry but still she does manage pretty well).

All in all, I think it's a great performance. The imperfection is what I personally love. They are just being themself and it works way more than 4.0 performing Sweat 7 songs with perfectly clean choreography.😁

Knowing their show is packed with hit, it must be an awesome experience. Too bad they are pretty unknown in France because I would love to see them.

The stool choreography really worked when they were all bored looking teenagers singing mid-tempo R&B and it still mostly works now I think. But the bored looking thing really doesn't work for the uptempo songs like Flowers or About You Now to me. 6:55 looks really awkward and silly imo :cackle:

I wish they either had better choreography or just no choreography at all so they can interact and dance more with the audience! The audience was clearly eating them up but it seemed awkward that they couldn't get up and dance during Overload because they were stuck on their chairs.

With that said, you're right that Keisha had a great moment with that call and response from the audience! When I saw them live they had great banter with the audience too so there's nothing wrong there. It's really just more of a movement thing to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leaving said:

The stool choreography really worked when they were all bored looking teenagers singing mid-tempo R&B and it still mostly works now I think. But the bored looking thing really doesn't work for the uptempo songs like Flowers or About You Now to me. 6:55 looks really awkward and silly imo :cackle:

I wish they either had better choreography or just no choreography at all so they can interact and dance more with the audience! The audience was clearly eating them up but it seemed awkward that they couldn't get up and dance during Overload because they were stuck on their chairs.

With that said, you're right that Keisha had a great moment with that call and response from the audience! When I saw them live they had great banter with the audience too so there's nothing wrong there. It's really just more of a movement thing to me.

6:55 definitly looks silly but I think it's cute :cackle: 

And yeah the stool "choregraphy" definitely worked better when they were bored teenagers. 

I don't think we'll ever get near this but that's the reason fan fiction exists 😁

"Watch me faaaalllll"🤸‍♂️

• Love 1

2 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

And yeah the stool "choregraphy" definitely worked better when they were bored teenagers. 

I don't think we'll ever get near this but that's the reason fan fiction exists 😁

I remember this appearing on IG a few months ago and the girls being full of praise for it (but also slightly freaked out it might create an expectation that they might also want to learn the routine) 😬

16 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

I remember this appearing on IG a few months ago and the girls being full of praise for it (but also slightly freaked out it might create an expectation that they might also want to learn the routine) 😬

Yeah, they commented and joked about it. Mutya said "let's do this" and Keisha was horrified saying she would butcher it. 😄

I remember Shiv said the Round Round routine was exhausting so I don't think we can expect a more sophisticated than that one. 😁

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

Omg, that's iconic choreography! Maybe one day we'll get some back up dancers doing that on stage while the girls sit on their stools... :cackle: 

• YAAASSS 1

20 hours ago, Leaving said:

Omg, that's iconic choreography! Maybe one day we'll get some back up dancers doing that on stage while the girls sit on their stools... :cackle: 

:cackle:

That's so funny, but in fact that wouldn't be a bad idea. After all Beyonce's whole renaissance tour is done with her very limited in her dancing because of her injury and they made it work. Yeah I know it's Beyoncé, and she's got the biggest stage presence but I guess they could make it work with the babes limited dancing skill too. Maybe that's one of the surprises their preparing for the O2 Show 😁😊

And yeah, the choregraphy is howesome and they loved that so maybe that was an inspiration to take dancers (those dancers and especially this choreographer please ?😊)

Anyway let's enjoy how their tour is now cause it's finally made it's way on youtube :

Edited by sunshineslave
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

let's enjoy how their tour is now cause it's finally made it's way on youtube :

I’m glad this has appeared in full, however 128 kbps, default YouTube audio quality doesn’t quite cut it. I wish we had access to the uploader’s original file via a Google drive folder or equivalent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dax Diameter said:

I’m glad this has appeared in full, however 128 kbps, default YouTube audio quality doesn’t quite cut it. I wish we had access to the uploader’s original file via a Google drive folder or equivalent.

I would love to have better quality for a proper live album and especially without the cut of sound during Hole in the head but I'm still very grateful someone finally put it online. 

• Like 1