Sugababes

Main Pop Girl

18 hours ago, Bleach Blonde Stereotype said:

Dodgy eyebrows and a badly timed photo, that's all that photo of Mutya is. She is stunning and I say that as someone who has stood right in front of her and spoken with her.

I was thinking the same thing. Most of what's quote unquote "bad" about that picture is temporary stuff like badly drawn eyebrows, poorly applied lash extensions and obviously injectables. It's all easily fixed with a better stylist tbh

Either way, Mutya has my favourite voice in pop so I don't really care what she looks like <3 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 5:57 PM, Dax Diameter said:

You came in with your hot-take on Mutya’s physical appearance, assuming we would fall in line and shame ourselves by engaging in a mass Mutya ‘pile on’.. well that shit ain’t happening! 

You don’t know what insecurities Mutya has (those in her circle and real fans have known for years) and have consciously and intentionally sought NOT to open that can of worms and to protect her from the harsh realities of social media. This is how she chooses to process them (her insecurities).

It is directly because of Mutya’s long history (with people like you) on social media, in conjunction to her insecurities that has led her directly to the surgeons office so many times in her life (this is not news to any long term fan).

Most people believe in an individual’s right to choose what is right for them. You can believe what you want when it comes to autonomy over your own body, but do not dare dictate your misogynistic and egotistical views over someone as genuinely fragile and vulnerable as Mutya for something as cheap and low down as a kii !

You obviously never got the memo about women of colour and gay men (which pop forums are full of) sharing the same societal enemies.

So don’t now spit the dummy out the pram and cosplay at being the adult in the room, nobody is dumb enough to fall for it!

I have a few female friends who lost their features and are ashamed to get out of their homes thanks to surgery (supposedly good surgery).

Going through surgery, especially if you're young and you have no REAL healthy reason to do it, is just an unconscious way to apply to a prototype men are known to appreciate.

Women don't need to change their bodies in order to be accepted, it's men who should change the way they perceive and learn to accept the body of a woman with all its imperfections. 

What's the point of Kim Petras? 

She didn't do that to feel prettier. She needed it, which is way different. 

This said i love Mutya, i love all her solo sh*t, B Boy Baby is one of my all time fave and she's free to do whatever she wants with her body. 

Ps. My advice for you kid is to just chill, and learn to handle both language and your aggression. 

Conveying your frustration on the internet going crazy like that with people you don't even know is no good for your health. 

And most of all don't give things for granted cause it's pretty shallow: I'm gay and I'm married. 

3 hours ago, 808Dream said:

I have a few female friends who lost their features and are ashamed to get out of their homes thanks to surgery (supposedly good surgery).

Going through surgery, especially if you're young and you have no REAL healthy reason to do it, is just an unconscious way to apply to a prototype men are known to appreciate.

Women don't need to change their bodies in order to be accepted, it's men who should change the way they perceive and learn to accept the body of a woman with all its imperfections. 

What's the point of Kim Petras? 

She didn't do that to feel prettier. She needed it, which is way different. 

This said i love Mutya, i love all her solo sh*t, B Boy Baby is one of my all time fave and she's free to do whatever she wants with her body. 

Ps. My advice for you kid is to just chill, and learn to handle both language and your aggression. 

Conveying your frustration on the internet going crazy like that with people you don't even know is no good for your health. 

And most of all don't give things for granted cause it's pretty shallow: I'm gay and I'm married. 

You came in like a bull in a china shop and turned a discussion primarily focused on music leaks - wholly toxic by crassly commenting on Mutya’s physical appearance. Something that is a very old, worn out and exceptionally stale subject.  

When Sugababes released the song “Ugly” back in 2005, the debate that surrounded the point they were then making lyrically was to shine a light on the insecurities they as a group (but primarily Mutya) were facing as a result of irresponsible, superficial journalism and certain sub-sections of online trolls from a growing (but less refined version of the) internet, as we know it today.

As fans, most of us learned 17 years ago when “Ugly” was released (and from the debates it sparked), that Mutya’s psychological relationship with her own physical appearance was (and remains) a highly sensitive subject for her that directly impacts upon her mental health.

Over the intervening years the public have watched the criticisms Mutya has faced over her personal appearance, lead her directly into a cycle of behaviour that has resulted in multiple trips not only to the stringently regulated surgeons of Harley Street in London (but also to the less regulated equivalent surgeons in Turkey, where all manner of budget plastic surgery procedures are carried out on the cheap), whenever the Surgeons in Harley Street say “No”.

The cycle of sporadic upsurges in trolling behaviour directed at Mutya over the years, followed by stories of her seeking yet another procedure in order to “correct” the perceived faults in her appearance that online trolls draw attention to, has been ongoing for many years now.

It therefore does not take a genius to work out that Mutya’s relationship with her own mental health is fragile at best.

In context of that long running background narrative, what kind of fool then makes a choice to open up that can of worms again and go to that place? (As if it’s a fresh subject and drawing attention to her physicality, in a relative moment of calm in her life where it looks the trolls are giving her a break and her confidence is in the ascendant)?

I am absolutely not going to sit back and NOT challenge you on that regressive view and I absolutely AM going to wonder what kind of rock you have been living under for almost two decades, whereby you appear totally ignorant to Mutya’s history and (with relish) want to drag her back into that same very stale narrative all over again.

Nobody cares about your opinion on the “natural look” and how you personally perceive that as a default aesthetic template for how all women should look (and want to aspire to).

Mutya (as we all do) has autonomy over her own body and she has expressed numerous times how she believes in an individual’s right to choose and that is the beginning, middle and end of that story.

We are here to discuss Sugababes, Nobody is interested in you or the aesthetic belief systems of your own personal circle of female friends.

Likewise, it is no-one’s problem that English is clearly not your first language and you are obviously unable to communicate using it with clarity in a non toxic and non regressive way.

We had a sense of camaraderie on this thread until you gate crashed it.  You have not only shown your ass here in the Sugababes thread (in context of re-igniting a years old narrative surrounding Mutya), but you have also embarrassed yourself on a Madonna one of your own creation where several individuals have pointed out to you that you are downright wrong with regard to your views there also!

You clearly have an ego problem that prevents you from stepping up to the plate and apologising when you are wrong. However that (again), is indicative of a wider issue pertaining to your own personality and how you choose to conduct yourself on this platform.

Also, I don’t appreciate being condescended to and being called “kid” by someone years younger than me who is clearly about as in touch with developments in pop culture as Donald Trump!

Edited by Dax Diameter
Grammar

39 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

You came in like a bull in a china shop and turned a discussion primarily focused on music leaks - wholly toxic by crassly commenting on Mutya’s physical appearance. Something that is a very old, worn out and exceptionally stale subject.  

When Sugababes released the song “Ugly” back in 2005, the debate that surrounded the point they were then making lyrically was to shine a light on the insecurities they as a group (but primarily Mutya) were facing as a result of irresponsible, superficial journalism and certain sub-sections of online trolls from a growing (but less refined version of the) internet, as we know it today.

As fans, most of us learned 17 years ago when “Ugly” was released (and from the debates it sparked), that Mutya’s psychological relationship with her own physical appearance was (and remains) a highly sensitive subject for her that directly impacts upon her mental health.

Over the intervening years the public have watched the criticisms Mutya has faced over her personal appearance, lead her directly into a cycle of behaviour that has resulted in multiple trips not only to the stringently regulated surgeons of Harley Street in London (but also to the less regulated equivalent surgeons in Turkey, where all manner of budget plastic surgery procedures are carried out on the cheap), whenever the Surgeons in Harley Street say “No”.

The cycle of sporadic upsurges in trolling behaviour directed at Mutya over the years, followed by stories of her seeking yet another procedure in order to “correct” the perceived faults in her appearance that online trolls draw attention to, has been ongoing for many years now.

It therefore does not take a genius to work out that Mutya’s relationship with her own mental health is fragile at best.

In context of that long running background narrative, what kind of fool then makes a choice to open up that can of worms again and go to that place? (As if it’s a fresh subject and drawing attention to her physicality, in a relative moment of calm in her life where it looks the trolls are giving her a break and her confidence is in the ascendant)?

I am absolutely not going to sit back and NOT challenge you on that regressive view and I absolutely AM going to wonder what kind of rock you have been living under for almost two decades, whereby you appear totally ignorant to Mutya’s history and (with relish) want to drag her back into that same very stale narrative all over again.

Nobody cares about your opinion on the “natural look” and how you personally perceive that as a default aesthetic template for how all women should look (and want to aspire to).

Mutya (as we all do) has autonomy over her own body and she has expressed numerous times how she believes in an individual’s right to choose and that is the beginning, middle and end of that story.

We are here to discuss Sugababes, Nobody is interested in you or the aesthetic belief systems of your own personal circle of female friends.

Likewise, it is no-one’s problem that English is clearly not your first language and you are obviously unable to communicate using it with clarity in a non toxic and non regressive way.

We had a sense of camaraderie on this thread until you gate crashed it.  You have not only shown your ass here in the Sugababes thread (in context of re-igniting a years old narrative surrounding Mutya), but you have also embarrassed yourself on a Madonna one of your own creation where several individuals have pointed out to you that you are downright wrong with regard to your views there also!

You clearly have an ego problem that prevents you from stepping up to the plate and apologising when you are wrong. However that (again), is indicative of a wider issue pertaining to your own personality and how you choose to conduct yourself on this platform.

Also, I don’t appreciate being condescended to and being called “kid” by someone years younger than me who is clearly about as in touch with developments in pop culture as Donald Trump!

Again mind your language, cause you're the judgmental one, I'm just givin an opinion, with which you're free to agree or not. 

If you act swearing and calling names like a kid, that's what you're gonna be called, I'm sorry. 

18 minutes ago, 808Dream said:

Again mind your language, cause you're the judgmental one, I'm just givin an opinion, with which you're free to agree or not. 

If you act swearing and calling names like a kid, that's what you're gonna be called, I'm sorry. 

You need to sit your ass down and can the threats!

You are the one who is judgemental about Mutya’s looks! How dare you judge a woman on her physical appearance! That post contains no language that is controversial in tone!

You continue to argue your very wrong point (in two threads) for no other reason than to satiate your own ego.  

You won’t see that you are morally wrong and won’t address why you saw fit to dredge up tired old narratives from the past.

You are an embarrassment!

Edited by Dax Diameter
Grammar

3 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

You need to sit your ass down!

You are the one who is judgemental about Mutya’s looks! How dare you judge a woman on her physical appearance! That post contains no language that is controversial in tone!

You continue to argue your very wrong point (in two threads) for no other reason than to satiate your own ego.  

You won’t see that you are morally wrong and won’t address why you saw fit to dredge up tired old narratives from the past.

You are an embarrassment!

My opinion is women don't need to go through surgery, they have the right to feel beautiful whatever their age or body shape, I'll say that again. 

Mutya included, I'm free to say that and I'm super calm, kid. 

Mind your language and learn to accept other people's point of view. 

Take a heartfelt advice 

tumblr-pl6e9uk5jf1tlsda4o1-500.gif

• LMAO 1

12 minutes ago, 808Dream said:

My opinion is women don't need to go through surgery, they have the right to feel beautiful whatever their age or body shape, I'll say that again. 

Mutya included, I'm free to say that and I'm super calm, kid. 

Mind your language and learn to accept other people's point of view. 

Take a heartfelt advice 

tumblr-pl6e9uk5jf1tlsda4o1-500.gif

And I will tell you again, Mutya is an autonomous individual who is free to make any choice pertaining to her own body!

The fact that you even went there and tried to instigate a debate poking fun at her physical appearance is deplorable and only speaks to the corporate and regimented standard you hold yourself to as directly influenced by your very own occupation which is clearly at the core of your judgements pertaining to Mutya!

You embarrass the entire male species!

Edited by Dax Diameter
Syntax

9 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

And I will tell you again, Mutya is an autonomous individual who is free to make any choice pertaining to her own body!

The fact that you even went there and tried to instigate a debate poking fun at her physical appearance is deplorable and only speaks to the superficial standard you hold yourself to in context of your own occupation!

vabbeambra.gif

She's totally free to do whatever she wants, I'm free to say she didn't need it cause she already looked great and I'm free to say that I don't like the extreme effects of surgery on her, I'm entitled to have an opinion on that like you do. 

Can you please act like an adult and stop looping and move on Kid? 

We've surely and rightly bored everyone by now. 

18 minutes ago, 808Dream said:

vabbeambra.gif

She's totally free to do whatever she wants, I'm free to say she didn't need it cause she already looked great and I'm free to say that I don't like the extreme effects of surgery on her, I'm entitled to have an opinion on that like you do. 

Can you please act like an adult and stop looping and move on Kid? 

We've surely and rightly bored everyone by now. 

Do not role play in the alpha male role with me cretin! Get a manual labouring job before you even pass the standard!

You are not even equipped enough in the language you are debating in to address the consequences of the points you made. 

Edited by Dax Diameter
Syntax
  • LMAO 1

10 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

Do not act like an alpha male with me cretin! Get a real manual labouring job before you even pass the standard!

You are not equipped to enough in the language you are debating in to address the consequences of the points you made. 

I'll say what I want the best way my language allows me to 😉, I'm sorry for you, whoever you are. 

Just now, 808Dream said:

I'll say what I want the best way my language allows me to 😉, I'm sorry for you, whoever you are. 

Oh, I don’t need your pity. You sound like a child who has been denied a second slice of chocolate cake.

Perhaps you should consider that your knowledge (of what is a secondary language to you), is clearly not advanced enough for you to be engaging in its use (and lighting bonfires) with it in the context of casual debate.

What was that you said about ending the argument? Again more bull.

1 minute ago, Dax Diameter said:

Oh, I don’t need your pity. You sound like a child who has been denied a second slice of chocolate cake.

Perhaps you should consider that your knowledge (of what is a secondary language to you), is clearly not advanced enough for you to be engaging in its use (and lighting bonfires) with it in the context of casual debate.

What was that you said about ending the argument? Again more bull.

It's hilarious you can't even realize who's the one acting and talking like a bully. 

It's not my poor English's fault if you can't control your reactions online. 

shoulder-shrug.gif