Sugababes

Main Pop Girl

13 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

They really reign supreme on pop music. I need more of this. Hope they'll make a live album at some point. 

I was disappointed as well when I saw they performed No Regrets as we already have a recording of a performance they did of the song but the orchestra really is something so I'm happy they did. 

Funny how they like to cover songs named Flowers when they are finally getting their flowers. :yaskween:

I agree with you on No Regrets. I wish they'd performed an unheard of song rather than one we've been hearing for ten years :yeah: 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

New Keisha Q&A

Great news ! They're gonna make The lost tapes vinyl happen.

Oh and it's official, she hates Sweet 7. it's not like we needed proof but now her position is pretty clear. 

Keisha has been looking so gorgeous lately! I forgot to post about it but I went and saw then in Sydney last week. The sound was a mess and ALL the gays were out for World Pride which made it kind of a difficult experience :awkwardney: But the girls themselves looked great and sounded flawless as usual. The crowd was eating them up!

• Like 2

It would be much appreciated If a certain person could share the remastered MKS tracks. In light of ALL the music you have taken and hoarded on a hard drive from PHF over the past few years, It’s surely only fair to give back to the community that has given you so much?

NEW LIVE EP ALERT

https://music.apple.com/us/album/apple-music-home-session-sugababes/1675931052

It's out on Apple Music and iTunes.

Same formula again that works for them, a new (lost tapes) song, a classic one, and a cover. And lucky us, it's different songs from the Piano room thing.

1. Back in the days
  2. Freak like me
  3. People (Libianca cover)

The vocals slay.

I'm so happy they performed Back In The Day. Freak Like Me sounds pretty conventional and unsassy for that song but the vocals are still amazing. Love to hear Siobhan on this and Keisha killing the "good for me" line.

I didn't know People or the original performer but it's great and suits them really well. Will give the original a listen.

On 3/2/2023 at 1:15 PM, Leaving said:

Keisha has been looking so gorgeous lately! I forgot to post about it but I went and saw then in Sydney last week. The sound was a mess and ALL the gays were out for World Pride which made it kind of a difficult experience :awkwardney: But the girls themselves looked great and sounded flawless as usual. The crowd was eating them up!

I'm glad you've been able to see them but wish you had a better experience to enjoy it fully.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, sunshineslave said:

NEW LIVE EP ALERT

https://music.apple.com/us/album/apple-music-home-session-sugababes/1675931052

It's out on Apple Music and iTunes.

Same formula again that works for them, a new (lost tapes) song, a classic one, and a cover. And lucky us, it's different songs from the Piano room thing.

1. Back in the days
  2. Freak like me
  3. People (Libianca cover)

The vocals slay.

I'm so happy they performed Back In The Day. Freak Like Me sounds pretty conventional and unsassy for that song but the vocals are still amazing. Love to hear Siobhan on this and Keisha killing the "good for me" line.

I didn't know People or the original performer but it's great and suits them really well. Will give the original a listen.

I'm glad you've been able to see them but wish you had a better experience to enjoy it fully.

It was difficult because I wanted to hear their vocals but all the gays in front of me were in high heels so I couldn't see and screaming about what drugs they were on so I couldn't hear :yeah: 

I'm excited to listen to the EP! If anyone finds a non-Apple streaming link let me know! <3 

On 3/9/2023 at 8:05 AM, Leaving said:

It was difficult because I wanted to hear their vocals but all the gays in front of me were in high heels so I couldn't see and screaming about what drugs they were on so I couldn't hear :yeah: 

I'm excited to listen to the EP! If anyone finds a non-Apple streaming link let me know! <3 

Here you go : 

Also Shiv was on Sophie Ellis-Bextor's podcast.

Hear the full thing https://podcasts.apple.com/fr/podcast/spinning-plates-with-sophie-ellis-bextor/id1521331095

It was really insightful.

Shiv confirms the Lost tapes is made of demos and it's funny to hear her talk about it before release knowing the interview would be out after the surprise.

It is soothing hearing that Keisha is one of the reason helping her out of her stage fright (OK that but mainly being a mother). Would never though I'de hear that one day.

It's nice to hear artists interviewing artists. The questions are more intersting and fair plus Sophie exactly gets what Shiv means about the industry.

Edited by sunshineslave
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2023 at 8:01 PM, sunshineslave said:

Here you go : 

Also Shiv was on Sophie Ellis-Bextor's podcast.

Hear the full thing https://podcasts.apple.com/fr/podcast/spinning-plates-with-sophie-ellis-bextor/id1521331095

It was really insightful.

Shiv confirms the Lost tapes is made of demos and it's funny to hear her talk about it before release knowing the interview would be out after the surprise.

It is soothing hearing that Keisha is one of the reason helping her out of her stage fright (OK that but mainly being a mother). Would never though I'de hear that one day.

It's nice to hear artists interviewing artists. The questions are more intersting and fair plus Sophie exactly gets what Shiv means about the industry.

This version of Freak Like Me is really fun! I love the acoustic guitar and all their voices sound great. I've never heard of Libianca before, but damn that song is great. Thanks so much for posting for me <3 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2023 at 1:22 AM, tropicalian said:

i heard hot under the collar today for the first time and it's def one of their best songs.. it deserved to get released at least as a bonus track since it didn't fit the album

did it ever leak in hq? the files i found spek very bad and sound crappy
image.png

I have no idea if there's a better quality.

I agree that it's a great song. It was a great choice to work with Bloodshy and Avant. I believe this is the sound of Sweet 7 but done the right way (including creative involvement, Keisha has writting credits). Too bad they didn't do it this way for that album. It would have turned out as sounding the way their team envisioned it while still being a Sugababes album.

• Like 2