Sugababes

Main Pop Girl

So the follwing songs where played on BBC2 as the THE LOST TAPES was album of the week :

Monday - No Regrets
Tuesday - Summer of '99
Wednesday - I'm Alright
Thursday - Today
Friday - Flatline

Pretty nice selection, that could definitely work as singles. I'm surprised they didn't play Boys but don't know what could have been replaced in it's favour as they are so good. I guess almost anything from this album could have worked as it is a solid body of work.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2023 at 1:56 AM, sunshineslave said:

So the follwing songs where played on BBC2 as the THE LOST TAPES was album of the week :

Monday - No Regrets
Tuesday - Summer of '99
Wednesday - I'm Alright
Thursday - Today
Friday - Flatline

Pretty nice selection, that could definitely work as singles. I'm surprised they didn't play Boys but don't know what could have been replaced in it's favour as they are so good. I guess almost anything from this album could have worked as it is a solid body of work.

All new songs! I'm assuming these are the songs from TLT I'll hear when I go see their Australian show :orly: 

• Like 2

On 1/27/2023 at 7:21 AM, Leaving said:

All new songs! I'm assuming these are the songs from TLT I'll hear when I go see their Australian show :orly: 

I'm not sure if that was clear but those songs are the songs that BBC2 played during the week because they choose the Lost Tapes as their album of the week. I believe BBC2 choose the songs themselves even though they might have been influence by Flatline being a single and Today being the song the girls are pushing on playlists.

The BBC2 performance is something else and has yet to happen. 

I hope they will use more songs from the lost tapes in their future concerts now that it's been released but nothing is for sure. I guess they will still push hit loaded setlists until they have an album with brand new material to promote.

10 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

I'm not sure if that was clear but those songs are the songs that BBC2 played during the week because they choose the Lost Tapes as their album of the week. I believe BBC2 choose the songs themselves even though they might have been influence by Flatline being a single and Today being the song the girls are pushing on playlists.

The BBC2 performance is something else and has yet to happen. 

I hope they will use more songs from the lost tapes in their future concerts now that it's been released but nothing is for sure. I guess they will still push hit loaded setlists until they have an album with brand new material to promote.

Oooooh, I understand! I thought five songs was a lot for them to perform live :cackle: Still looking forward to the performances!

17 hours ago, Leaving said:

Oooooh, I understand! I thought five songs was a lot for them to perform live :cackle: Still looking forward to the performances!

New interview ! : https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/tours/sydney-mardi-gras-headliners-sugababes-triumphed-over-heartbreaking-struggles/news-story/4bdeae9f68e45ff5b5485f70f4c23bc8

Keisha:  It feels so good to have some new music out to perform.

Keisha: Our pet peeve is the whole ‘heritage band’ thing. We’re grateful for the past the Sugababes have had, but it was important to have some fresh things out for fans.

So I read into that that you're definitely gonna get more from the Lost Tapes on the Australian Tour.

• YAAASSS 1

20 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

New interview ! : https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/tours/sydney-mardi-gras-headliners-sugababes-triumphed-over-heartbreaking-struggles/news-story/4bdeae9f68e45ff5b5485f70f4c23bc8

Keisha:  It feels so good to have some new music out to perform.

Keisha: Our pet peeve is the whole ‘heritage band’ thing. We’re grateful for the past the Sugababes have had, but it was important to have some fresh things out for fans.

So I read into that that you're definitely gonna get more from the Lost Tapes on the Australian Tour.

I better start learning these songs ASAP! :yaskween::yaskween::yaskween:

• Like 1

I’m glad Keisha has finally addressed the whole “heritage” act thing. Hopefully fans  (on certain corners of the internet), who were desperately trying to place them in that box will shut up now! Likewise, I personally do not need to hear “a re-recording of One Touch with their adult voices”.
———————————————————————————

On a different note, there’s this new interview where Siobhan references her last Australian trip:

Australia being an earlier stop on the  same (now legendary) overseas trip where Siobhan left, on their very next stop in Japan.

This eastern inflected Australian TV performance is also of note, as many people now consider it the best live rendition/ arrangement of “Overload” that the group have ever done.

Edited by Dax Diameter
Update
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

I’m glad Keisha has finally addressed the whole “heritage” act thing. Hopefully fans  (on certain corners of the internet), who were desperately trying to place them in that box will shut up now! Likewise, I personally do not need to hear “a re-recording of One Touch with their adult voices”.

On a different note, there’s this new interview where Siobhan references her last Australian trip:

Australia being an earlier stop on the  same (now legendary) overseas trip where Siobhan left, on their very next stop in Japan.

This eastern inflected Australian TV performance is also of note, as many people now consider it the best live rendition/ arrangement of “Overload” that the group have ever done.

I wish they'd at least be in the same room when they do these webcam interviews :( 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

Nice interview. It's nice to hear them say they are going to perform all their lives Rolling Stone style.

This Overload performance is my fav arrangement of the song and one of my fav performances from the band. I'de love for them to do more like this. I love the modern production on The Lost Tapes but I feel like their voices would be better highligted in an acoustic context, espacially Mutya's whose register sometimes get drown in the production. An acoustic live album with their best hits would be great and I don't think it wouldn't stick them into the Legacy Artist label because every artist does that once in a while.

By the way, “Today” is now being A-listed at Radio 2. It is record of the week. All of that means it's gonna be played a lot. It's beginning to feel like a proper single. Maybe they'll end up recording a video unless they are still keeping the momentum for new new music.

The piano session will is tommorow. Live on BBC radio 2, supposedly around 11:30, then uploaded on here : https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/m001485m 
One video should also be uploaded on BBC's YouTube page. (thanx popjustice).

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1

17 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

Nice interview. It's nice to hear them say they are going to perform all their lives Rolling Stone style.

This Overload performance is my fav arrangement of the song and one of my fav performances from the band. I'de love for them to do more like this. I love the modern production on The Lost Tapes but I feel like their voices would be better highligted in an acoustic context, espacially Mutya's whose register sometimes get drown in the production. An acoustic live album with their best hits would be great and I don't think it wouldn't stick them into the Legacy Artist label because every artist does that once in a while.

By the way, “Today” is now being A-listed at Radio 2. It is record of the week. All of that means it's gonna be played a lot. It's beginning to feel like a proper single. Maybe they'll end up recording a video unless they are still keeping the momentum for new new music.

The piano session will is tommorow. Live on BBC radio 2, supposedly around 11:30, then uploaded on here : https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/m001485m 
One video should also be uploaded on BBC's YouTube page. (thanx popjustice).

Can't wait to hear the piano songs! <3 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

BBC Radio 2 Piano Room Sessions:

01) Too Lost In You
02) No Regrets
03) Flowers (Miley Cyrus Cover)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/m001485m

.. should hopefully be up on YouTube at some point later.

They sound really great! Sioban finally sounds comfortable singing TLIY, Flowers is a cute cover although I wish there was a little more of Siobhan and Mutya in the chorus, and No Regrets is a nice performance even if it's not my favourite song off the new album.

• Like 2

They really reign supreme on pop music. I need more of this. Hope they'll make a live album at some point. 

I was disappointed as well when I saw they performed No Regrets as we already have a recording of a performance they did of the song but the orchestra really is something so I'm happy they did. 

Funny how they like to cover songs named Flowers when they are finally getting their flowers. :yaskween:

• YAAASSS 1