Sugababes

Main Pop Girl

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2023 at 4:44 AM, Leaving said:

Excited for new tracks! I'm hoping for more Blood Orange and MNEK productions!

Definitly ! 

It's crazy to know that Flatline, my ultimate favorite, is the only new song they produced together. All the other amazing work they did are only reworks of older tracks (The swimming pool mashup, Phoenix' Entertainement Remix, Same old Story Remix). Would love to see them writing and producing together more tracks. I'm sure they would be standouts. 

MNEK did great work with them as well and since his sound has evolved a lot since then, I'm pretty sure a new collaboration would do wonders. 

There are so many other producers I'de like them to work with again but I'de also love some new collaborations. I know they mentioned Pharell multiple times so I guess it will happen or has already. Some fresh new talent would be good as well to explore unexpected sounds. 

• Like 3

On 5/5/2023 at 12:00 AM, sunshineslave said:

Definitly ! 

It's crazy to know that Flatline, my ultimate favorite, is the only new song they produced together. All the other amazing work they did are only reworks of older tracks (The swimming pool mashup, Phoenix' Entertainement Remix, Same old Story Remix). Would love to see them writing and producing together more tracks. I'm sure they would be standouts. 

MNEK did great work with them as well and since his sound has evolved a lot since then, I'm pretty sure a new collaboration would do wonders. 

There are so many other producers I'de like them to work with again but I'de also love some new collaborations. I know they mentioned Pharell multiple times so I guess it will happen or has already. Some fresh new talent would be good as well to explore unexpected sounds. 

I don't often like Pharrrell's production but I do think he could do something cool with them. Other than that I'd love to see them collaborate more with dance acts like Kygo, Clean Bandit or even Calvin Harris :orly: 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Leaving said:

I don't often like Pharrrell's production but I do think he could do something cool with them. Other than that I'd love to see them collaborate more with dance acts like Kygo, Clean Bandit or even Calvin Harris :orly: 

I think Shivon said she would love to work with Calvin Harris so let's wait and see. They've already prooven they can rock any sound. To be honest I would even enjoy an acoustic album as it showcases their killer vocals perfectly. 

Shivon's story said they were in the studio with a team made only of women. Empowering anthem incoming ? Some Girl Power would be perfect to wipe out the disposable sexy nonsense of Sweet 7.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2023 at 2:08 AM, sunshineslave said:

I think Shivon said she would love to work with Calvin Harris so let's wait and see. They've already prooven they can rock any sound. To be honest I would even enjoy an acoustic album as it showcases their killer vocals perfectly. 

Shivon's story said they were in the studio with a team made only of women. Empowering anthem incoming ? Some Girl Power would be perfect to wipe out the disposable sexy nonsense of Sweet 7.

Honestly an acoustic album or even an orchestral sort of album like Kylie did could be a good version of a greatest hits! Keep Heidi on the original songs but give us Siobhan's vocals on the stripped back recordings!

I'm curious about this all female team because I honestly cannot think of any female producers at all...Intrigued to see if they'll stick with it or go to male producers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, sunshineslave said:

Colossal return to music ! Could it mean new things coming or they're talking about the tour, glasto and the Lost Tapes ?

Apparently they are working on a new album currently. I anticipate it will be released a few weeks prior to Christmas (around November).

5 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

Apparently they are working on a new album currently. I anticipate it will be released a few weeks prior to Christmas (around November).

Yeah. A single just before the O2 would be great timing for them. It would be iconic to take the Spice Girls spot of november album releases and christmas number one single as well. One can dream. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sunshineslave said:

Yeah. A single just before the O2 would be great timing for them. It would be iconic to take the Spice Girls spot of november album releases and christmas number one single as well. One can dream. 

Single timing seems feasible. I don’t think they will do much on the U.K. Singles chart in the streaming age (but I’d love to be wrong). However I envisage they will be received warmly, if something unexpected goes wrong I believe the album will be bumped to an empty Quarter 1 release week in Feb 2024.

• Like 1

They did a few changes on the tour setlist.

Spoiler

Freak Like Me
Red Dress
Hole in the Head
Too Lost in You
Flatline
Today
Ugly
Stronger
Overload
Flowers
Push the Button
In the Middle (Shortened)
Round Round

Encore:
About You Now

Freak like me is a great choice as the new opener. It has a great intro with sultry harmonisation and apparently they updated the choregraphy. 

MKS performed In the Middle for the first time with only Mutya's verse (we know Queen Quiche hates her verse because she thinks it goes on forever).

About you now was performed in full for the first time and they seemed to enjoy it as much as the fans. Siobhan's middle 8 sounds even better in full and Mutya didn't want to leave.

They keep getting better.:yaskween:

Tough I would love to see them perform more Lost Tapes tracks, it was a smart move to remove the slow unknown songs for their festival shows in profit of a 100% hit setlist. I hope the O2 show will be the opportunity to have both with a longer setlist.

• YAAASSS 1

I won’t be satisfied they are actually listening to fans until they put “Ace Reject” in their set lists.  Everyone (and their dog) has let them know multiple times that they want them to include it - yet still they find ways to resist the pressure to do so.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

Hide contents

Freak Like Me
Red Dress
Hole in the Head
Too Lost in You
Flatline
Today
Ugly
Stronger
Overload
Flowers
Push the Button
Round Round

Encore:
About You Now

Freak like me is a great choice as the new opener. It has a great intro with sultry harmonisation and apparently they updated the choregraphy. 

MKS performed In the Middle for the first time with only Mutya's verse (we know Queen Quiche hates her verse because she thinks it goes on forever).

About you now was performed in full for the first time and they seemed to enjoy it as much as the fans. Siobhan's middle 8 sounds even better in full and Mutya didn't want to leave.

Tough I would love to see them perform more Lost Tapes tracks, it was a smart move to remove the slow unknown songs for their festival shows in profit of a 100% hit setlist. I hope the O2 show will be the opportunity to have both with a longer setlist.

I agree with Keisha about In The Middle tbh :cackle: But I do like Mutya's verse so this is the best of both worlds! I wish Siobhan sang Heidi's bridge though. About You Now sounds good!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

Hide contents

Freak Like Me
Red Dress
Hole in the Head
Too Lost in You
Flatline
Today
Ugly
Stronger
Overload
Flowers
Push the Button
Round Round

Encore:
About You Now

Cute changes; they're getting there.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 9:13 PM, Dax Diameter said:

Single timing seems feasible. I don’t think they will do much on the U.K. Singles chart in the streaming age (but I’d love to be wrong). However I envisage they will be received warmly, if something unexpected goes wrong I believe the album will be bumped to an empty Quarter 1 release week in Feb 2024.

Give them time (a lot of it)😊. First it was a very short About you now, then a longer one, and now the full one. We're getting a short In the middle, and we'll be slowly getting a full one someday 😁 (tough I do agree with @Leaving there, I like in the middle and their new version is killing it, but I think it's definitely enough as the song is quite repetitive).

They definitely know the fans want Ace Reject, so I'm sure they'll end up giving it a go. After all they said nothing is off the table and I think it has more chances than Get Sexy or About A girl. I personally love Ace reject so I'm here for it but I'm pretty sure the casuals would go get a beer during that song.

• Like 2