Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

I think if Bombastic was a full album, it would've included Restless, In the Wild, Undefeated, Diamonds and I Get What I Want at the very least.

While maybe less likely, Wild Heart, Don't Talk Back, Good Day 4 Love, Always on My Mind and Wings would've been great additions as well, and there you go, full album!

• Like 1

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Ice Prince said:

I think if Bombastic was a full album, it would've included Restless, In the Wild, Undefeated, Diamonds and I Get What I Want at the very least.

While maybe less likely, Wild Heart, Don't Talk Back, Good Day 4 Love, Always on My Mind and Wings would've been great additions as well, and there you go, full album!

replace in the wild with wicked and i agree. in the wild was never her song, it was major lazer's

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bambi101 said:

We, as a fandom, have trust issues and rightfully so. She's unpredictable, and constantly changes the narrative.

All makes sense, and I understand.

Why did it take fans constantly sliding into her DMs and leaving annoyed comments on her TikToks for her to reveal the legal issues with the masters?

Bad decision, legally. You'll notice most of the time, when people are dealing with legal issues, the bulk of it is kept behind the scenes. Saying too much would've put her in extreme jeopardy. She shut up a lot publicly and stopped teasing things with a tagline. (Soon, or whenever.) She would make a lot of vague statements as well. Legal stuff altogether is very flippant, and she didn't want to jeopardize her chances of getting anything at all. 

She literally went mute after reassuring multiple fans the album's coming out sooner than we think in July. Now it's September and we're here talking about the album possibly coming out next year.

This is very true! But in all fairness, I'm not sure how long SHE even knew that this would be an issue. She seemed to be polishing stuff up in June, and then stuff came crashing down in August. Now, after taking a break, she is saying that the album is finished. Her story progresses over time. She finished the music video as well, and judging by her comments, the album will probably come out this year, which I believe showcases her dedication.

unless she somehow makes up her mind for the billionth time about this not being the "right time/climate" for her to drop these songs

Atp, she's got EVERYTHING to lose. She's been everywhere talking about this album, her new TikTok is doing very well by her own music talk standards, engagement at a high. One thing I did take note of is she got her masters for the Epic songs back/started reworking shit in 2020. That's when we got that draft. This is the same year she planned to put out the new dark album, but paraphrasing, she said something along the lines of she didn't wanna occupy space with her 'white girl problems?' So maybe she switched to the Epic album then? The new one is very dark and personal, and Epic is very poppy. 

I'd like her to treat the album as the unique body of work it always was,

Me too! She should have a whole era with this album.

• Like 2

On 9/7/2022 at 9:29 PM, izzzyyy said:

Everybody's feelings of frustration are valid and justified, and I have notably partaken in this discourse before, and I even wholly gave up on her after a bit. So I can't imagine how it must be to be an OG fan and still be struggling. But, I believe her this time. She has shut up publicly about the album coming outside the legal stuff. She's even telling us to ask Epic because they need to clear her masters for release. She confirmed the SLAY music video is done; it's finished. The album must be completed, too, since that's what she mentioned, the masters. She submitted the whole thing, not groups of songs. She has financed so much into this project, ATP; hearing her progress, it'd be a horrible decision for her to drop everything and create a new rollout. It would have been a good decision for her to start with the darker album, I can't deny that, but I think she is doing what she can with the decisions she DID make. We should try our best to support her during this time in relation to the Epic shit, as I'm sure it's not easy. She could have said, well, legal issues, I guess I'm just gonna give up now. Things may NOT be coming as soon as we hope for, but there's no denying there's a possibility they will still come. Maybe spring/summer 2023? If she plays the roll-out smart, it could definitely work for her. Hopefully, SLAY by the end of the year, Rewind Your Heart could work as a single, saw some people mentioning Electric Heaven as well. If nothing ever comes of this, well, maybe I'm a fool, but truly, I believe she is trying. 

I guess I admire your optimism, but there's a reason why so many OG Bonnie stans don't share it.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Space said:

I guess I admire your optimism, but there's a reason why so many OG Bonnie stans don't share it.

And that's fair! Even as a newer stan, I was upset too. Wasn't always optimistic from my end, lol. Just hope it all works out 💝

Edited by izzzyyy
  • Like 2

On 9/8/2022 at 1:43 PM, Bambi101 said:

True, although I still don't like the "From the Vault" title and I'll be renaming it asap. I'd like her to treat the album as the unique body of work it always was, not some random collection of unfinished demos she put together. FTV would be a more fitting title for an album full of pitches for other artists (i.e. like what Sia did with This Is Acting) imo. 

I’ve already decided I’m gonna take the Epic songs she released and just add them to my version of the album. The title FTV is tacky when this entire album was, at one time, a complete album with a unique title. 

• YAAASSS 1

43 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

I’ve already decided I’m gonna take the Epic songs she released and just add them to my version of the album. The title FTV is tacky when this entire album was, at one time, a complete album with a unique title. 

According to Bonnie (not reliable source), the album was actually never finished:
-it never had an official title
-it never had an official tracklist 
-it never had an official artwork
Take it obvsly with a grain of salt since it comes from Bonnie('s dms).

Me, personally want to believe the album was titled: Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt (since the producer credited this project as such).

Edited by low kii savage
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, low kii savage said:

According to Bonnie (not reliable source), the album was actually never finished:
-it never had an official title
-it never had an official tracklist 
-it never had an official artwork
Take it obvsly with a grain of salt since it comes from Bonnie('s dms).

Me, personally want to believe the album was titled: Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt (since the producer credited this project as such).

Pretty sure she confirmed "Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt" was never going to be the album title, and the producer/engineer who listed that title on their website had just worked on that particular song.

She's said many times that she had the entire album "ready to go" before she left Epic. Whether or not she landed on a title or finalized the artwork is another story. I remember back in the day she did an interview saying she had a title in mind but she wasn't sure. I wouldn't be surprised if it was "Don't Get Mad, Get Famous" as that was sort of her mantra and goal at the time.

I said this a few pages back, but I really think that if (and it's a BIG IF) the album comes out, she should just call it "American Girl". Even though that song won't be on the album, it's the title that everybody associates that era with, and at least if people search "Bonnie McKee American Girl" in future it'll come up. It would be a nice way to finally close that chapter and move on.

• Like 3

I respect the opinion of everyone, and a few people here expressed that they think Bonnie should name the album “American Girl” as a sort of clickbait strategy. I, on the other side, don’t like this idea and I feel that this album is epic and so much bigger than American Girl, which was released almost a decade ago and won’t be on the tracklist. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinions and this is mine. I loved American Girl the minute I first heard it in 2013, specially the relatable but still authentic lyrics, but I seriously don’t get all the nostalgia. Bombastic was even better imo, and she has a lot of tracks on this album that are so much bigger than American girl. All this for a few more streams? This album is gold, it has a lot of potential, and even if it doesn’t top the charts, the music will stay and go on for eternity because of its quality. So i think the naming of it should be handled with the class it deserves. The moment is now, she is releasing more pop perfection bops than the whole industry did the last years. Maybe “forever 21”, “fake it till you make it”, idk. Maybe “Epic”? Lol

Edited by Lucas M
  • Like 2

If she chooses to name i after a song on the album i think Forever 21 is THE song it should be named after. It perfectly captures the whole entire feeling of the record and perfect visual of it all. To me personally it kinda just makes sense & rolls off the tongue. Unlike say idk Hot City or SLAY. The only thing that would be conflicting would be the store forever 21???

• Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)