Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/15/2022 at 4:00 AM, izzzyyy said:

Bonnie's tiktok is 300 views away from 100k... 👀 She's been dead silent, not even replying to comments. She HAS to follow up this one with something else album-related. 

The most we can expect is another TikTok of Bonnie proclaiming she's coming to save pop music + a couple of comments about how it's finally happening (for real this time, this is not a drill!!!!) and how we aren't ready for all the music she's about to let out into the world, only for her to dip right after and leave us hanging until the next TikTok short 2 months later. We are stanning a whole nother level of messy and someone who gives the word "grifting" new layers of meaning. Her behavior is downright homophobic at this point 🤣

9 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

I absolutely REFUSE to believe that that is the real final version of JGAB. It sounds terrible 💀 It literally clips at certain parts, there has to be a more final version out there.

Me too lmao--sure, it sounds identical to what was performed live, but I'd imagine a real final version would have had a lot more polish to it. The way the song is now, it just feels barren and empty to me, and I think she'd agree hence why she was sending the acapella to different people in hopes of having it reworked at one point. The bop potential is certainly there, but even if the file hadn't been tampered with, it still sounds incomplete.

12 minutes ago, Ice Prince said:

Can we just appreciate the absolute GEM of transition this would have been? :yeah: 

Forever 21 transitioning into Hot City

The type of transition most A-list pop stars WISH they had on their album. Truly one of the most epic moments on the forever-unreleased and eternally upcoming shelved album :cry:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jamesmax said:

Y'all are really in a drought huh?  😭 We'll do a BIG discord party soon with some surprises. Pick the date and time and we'll organize something special. ❤️

What discord server are u guys on? I'm still confused how this stuff works lol

1 hour ago, Ice Prince said:

lol at me never really paying attention to I Wanna Fucking Call You live. kinda a mistake because now I crave for that song untouched to leak :yeah: 

It's like a night/day difference. I'm glad we have the leak even if it's botched because no amount of remastering and other audio enhancing wizardry can make the live performance studio quality... but the vocals stems are a hot mess, and I just know the 2014 final with the woos and unbotched lead vocals included would sound orgasmic.. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Yesterday said:

thanks but none of these are new ? 🤨
Usually you gifted us unleaked and cool songs 😢

JGAB is a real export, not tampered with like the last one. Worst In Me is an HQ non-myspace rip. The files that leaked are heavily messed with so thank you to James for sharing some higher quality versions! These are just previewers as he said anyways... so please chillax.

Edited by izzzyyy
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bambi101 said:

It's like a night/day difference. I'm glad we have the leak even if it's botched because no amount of remastering and other audio enhancing wizardry can make the live performance studio quality... but the vocals stems are a hot mess, and I just know the 2014 final with the woos and unbotched lead vocals included would sound orgasmic.. 

I actually think the one that leaked sounds more like a live performance than the Yahoo live one. The vocals sound like they're dripping down a wall, like drying paint. They sound very live, which will lead to my theory. The instrumentation is so, so raw. The "ooohs" aren't there either. 😭 (Which are the most catchy part of the song imo.) I'm pretty sure it was made using the recording session. It would explain why different vocal takes play over another and why it all around sounds so messy. Not even stems should sound like that. Plus would explain the rawness of the vocals because they weren't tuned. 

Edited by izzzyyy

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)