Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw in one of her replies she said "ALL the bops" so that makes me think Queen will be feeding us Right Now, Everything But You and possibly Don't Get Mad, Get Famous :fishie:

Y'all are not ready for the mental breakdown I'm about to have when we're in September 2022 with no album in sight :cry:

• Like 2

I feel she might release right now. I assume epic only had ownership of the masters while she still owns the songs in a lyrical sense (like Taylor Swift red from the vault tracks) hence why she said she might have to re record it all. she could get a not rapist or even just Cirkut alone to reproduce the same song :morning:

Edited by reflection
  • Like 3

On 4/20/2022 at 9:42 PM, tropicalian said:

someone on the phf server said that this is a confirmed: mid 2020 draft

S.L.A.Y.
Forever 21 
Outlaw 
Electric Heaven 
Somebodys Gonna Get Hurt 
Wild Card 
Rewind Your Heart 
Jenny's Got a Boyfriend
Show Me Your Love
Worst in Me

Scrapped:

I Wanna Fucking Call You
Mirage 
Right Now
Hit Man
Everything but You 
Unlock Your Love
Dont Get Mad Get Famous

Does anyone know why "Hot City" wasn't included in the mid-2020 draft? I won't be surprised if this is the exact tracklist we get. With "Wild Card" and "Show Me Your Love" being the "couple extra" songs she referred to on the recent podcast.

She also said she's "working on" the album artwork. Knowing what a perfectionist she is, we ain't getting this album anytime soon. Especially if she's planning physical copies.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, zaynphallic said:

Does anyone know why "Hot City" wasn't included in the mid-2020 draft? I won't be surprised if this is the exact tracklist we get. With "Wild Card" and "Show Me Your Love" being the "couple extra" songs she referred to on the recent podcast.

She also said she's "working on" the album artwork. Knowing what a perfectionist she is, we ain't getting this album anytime soon. Especially if she's planning physical copies.

it might've been, somebody had a mid 2020 draft of the album and somebody else in the server sent over a list of songs and they sorted them as so. must've forgotten to include hot city in the list they sent over

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leaving said:

I still don't think the album is coming :cackle: But Bonnie's constant stringing along of you gays has made this thread on of the most popular on PHF ever so I'm not even mad! Keep it up Bonbon <3 

Seriously, if she produces physical copies of this album I hope she'll include Pophatesflops in her thank yous :yaskween: This is obviously the biggest home for all us Bonbons

2 hours ago, reflection said:

I feel she might release right now. I assume epic only had ownership of the masters while she still owns the songs in a lyrical sense (like Taylor Swift red from the vault tracks) hence why she said she might have to re record it all. she could get a not rapist or even just Cirkut alone to reproduce the same song :morning:

She could even make Right Now an Ava Max feature and have Avatars join the dark side of the BonBonfornia realm

1 hour ago, zaynphallic said:

All I know is homegirl better not omit one of her biggest trademark/signature songs. If I had to make an Essential compilation of Bonnie, it'd obviously consist of American Girl, Bombastic, Forever 21, S.L.A.Y. and HOT CITY.

EDIT: Thorns would be a bonus track on the Taiwan pressing

Edited by Bambi101
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Bambi101 said:

She could even make Right Now an Ava Max feature and have Avatars join the dark side of the BonBonfornia realm

Now what I don't know is why the hell Bonnie is not making an Ava feature, if they already wrote together at least two songs (and Naked is an absolute bop). I guess they could finish Never Forget You with, er, good lyrics and make it a quickie hit so it starts gaining traction (or start a brand new song together, whatever). Doesn't matter the song ends up being out of the album. In the end, Ava is right now in the spotlight and Bonnie has ALREADY WRITTEN WITH HER so use that Queen!

+ Avatars would be a great pressure for Bonnie to release material sooner because we're used to Ava releasing constantly :sassy: 

Edited by Ice Prince
  • Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1

1 hour ago, Ice Prince said:

Now what I don't know is why the hell Bonnie is not making an Ava feature, if they already wrote together at least two songs (and Naked is an absolute bop). I guess they could finish Never Forget You with, er, good lyrics and make it a quickie hit so it starts gaining traction (or start a brand new song together, whatever). Doesn't matter the song ends up being out of the album. In the end, Ava is right now in the spotlight and Bonnie has ALREADY WRITTEN WITH HER so use that Queen!

+ Avatars would be a great pressure for Bonnie to release material sooner because we're used to Ava releasing constantly :sassy: 

Atlantic probably stops the feature to happen, they really only care about the money and if they won't profit, they won't release shit, like most labels. They're not flop-charity  :cry:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, low kii savage said:

Atlantic probably stops the feature to happen, they really only care about the money and if they won't profit, they won't release shit, like most labels. They're not flop-charity  :cry:

Yeah it's true, I just had mild hopes they would be able to fund a potential hit. Ava has been doing well, but probably not enough for Atlantic's standards. And Bonnie, well, she hasn't been around lately so it's likely they wouldn't want to spend on her.

Edited by Ice Prince
  • Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1

1 minute ago, cocomong said:

i'm assuming it's the new mixes & re-recordings. ALSO with die happy leaking all we need is dirty laundry to leak and the thorns EP is complete

dirty laundry  sounded so cute live. she should have gotten a moment along with hey alligator. 

Edited by BonnieMcChicken

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)