Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

I think she meant she was going to use tik tok as a way to market and sell her music. honestly I see potential in a age where everyone is trying to be edgy and alt bonnie is truly one of the only artists who can nail a perfect unashamed pop song, especially with the epic songs 

• Like 3
  • YAAASSS 1

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does seem like something is finally happening, but based on Bonnie's track record I'll believe it when I see it on my Spotify Release Radar. :cackle:

IF (and y'all know that's a big IF) she does release this summer, what would you girlies like to see? Knowing she's #MissIndependent, and has said she's relying on TikTok to get the word out, I don't think we can expect a big campaign.

I think it would make sense for her to release "S.L.A.Y." as the lead-single before the end of June. It's Pride month, it's an empowering banger, and it's the song most people have been waiting for. It would be a cute little way for her to sort of "pick up where she left off" with this project. Correct me if I'm wrong, but she said somewhere in her TikTok comments that she's already filmed a music video for it, right?

Then it could be cute if she tried to have a little viral moment with "American Girl" around 4th of July. I realize that song won't be on the album, but it would be a good way to get her face and name back out there again.

Finally, release the album in late July (with a vinyl pre-order), and "Forever 21" as the second single with a cute little summery video.

A girlie can dream! :wink:

• Like 3

Watch as she cancels the release again when the videos promoting the album on TikTok don't meet her expectations.

I just don't understand Bonnie. She said in this interview that it's not about the numbers but about enjoying the process, and that she has had great numbers for an independent artist, and yet she doesn't release her songs. She says this but she acts like numbers do matter and is always afraid to fail, it feels like she's just lying to herself.

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1

3 minutes ago, napoleon said:

Watch as she cancels the release again when the videos promoting the album on TikTok don't meet her expectations.

I just don't understand Bonnie. She said in this interview that it's not about the numbers but about enjoying the process, and that she has had great numbers for an independent artist, and yet she doesn't release her songs. She says this but she acts like numbers do matter and is always afraid to fail, it feels like she's just lying to herself.

She's always contradicted herself and it's always frustrated me, i.e. she'd go on a tangent about how pop stars nowadays don't really have to make music based on what sound is hot on the radio, but then would justify not releasing her Epic songs because they're 'dated' by today's standard 💀

And yeah, I can already see her releasing S.L.A.Y., making one TikTok and then dipping and scrapping the entire "campaign" because nobody cared :ohwell: 

Next thing we know, Cheryl is singing Forever 21 and Adam Lambert Hot City because she sold them 

• Like 2

Imo for tiktok these lines or themes of the songs would probably work but then again im like 90 & rarely use tiktok:

Slay's obvious S L A Y arm spelling

Jenny's got SOME potential for one of those transition videos where they go from "ugly" to hot

EBY's i got hair dye and wifi line

another obvious one is IWFCY's don't let me call him skit

other than that, i don't see how the rest can be used? maybe last call lover cuz it's so catchy & good?

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1

15 minutes ago, cocomong said:

Imo for tiktok these lines or themes of the songs would probably work but then again im like 90 & rarely use tiktok:

Slay's obvious S L A Y arm spelling

Jenny's got SOME potential for one of those transition videos where they go from "ugly" to hot

EBY's i got hair dye and wifi line

another obvious one is IWFCY's don't let me call him skit

other than that, i don't see how the rest can be used? maybe last call lover cuz it's so catchy & good?

Electric Heaven and Hot City could get some of those tacky dances :cry: I love those songs but I already picture them being used in one of these ridiculous trendy bad choreos :yeah: but hey I'd support ANYTHING for her to drop the damn songs tbh :cackle: 

Edited by Ice Prince
  • Like 3

Are her numbers on TikTok good? Katy Perry has 5 million likes on TikTok, Bonnie has almost 2 million. It sounds impressive to me, but I don't really understand it cause I only use it to annoy Bonnie in the comment sections demanding Forever 21.

• Like 2
  • Shook 1

Likewise, I know very little about TikTok and never got the appeal of it besides turning the majority of the population's brains into a mush with 10 second attention spans so the illuminati can continue ruling the world undisturbed.

Personally, I'm hoping for this single lineup:

• Lead single: S.L.A.Y. --> the single would consist of 2 tracks; the final studio version and S.L.A.Y. (Acoustic Version) 
  • 2nd single: Forever 21 --> Forever 21 (Demo) + Forever 21 (Bonnie's Version) :wink:
  • 3rd single: Hot City
  • 4th and final single: Rewind Your Heart
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BonnieMcChicken said:

No singles just release the album

If she hasn't been willing to release the album in a, er, traditional way with prior promotion and singles, she is in no way going to do a surprise drop one of these days, nor will she dare to release it without any well-going single prior. It's pretty logic to me. Not even big acts do it that way, besides Beyoncé I guess? The rest cultivate a preparation for the album. Adele, Lady Gaga, Lana Del Rey, Florence, Lorde, Katy, Demi..., even Sky Ferreira if we're to it.

Edited by Ice Prince
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, napoleon said:

Are her numbers on TikTok good? Katy Perry has 5 million likes on TikTok, Bonnie has almost 2 million. It sounds impressive to me, but I don't really understand it cause I only use it to annoy Bonnie in the comment sections demanding Forever 21.

Katy Perry has TikTok? :stretcher:

• LMAO 1

I'm not sure if I said this here (I def said it somewhere), but this would be the best rollout for her imo (see Kim Petras & Foxes)

Every month she drops a new single for 12 months. or she promotes each and gets together some sort of visual to accompany it. then she puts 6 on the album with 6 new songs. Alternatively, she does something like a single a month for 9 months then releases 12

some strengths of this approach

- it stops the waiting. perfecting 1 at a time is so much quicker than perfecting 12 at a time especially since she can focus on visuals and promotion for each for a whole 4 weeks we know how perfectionist she is with these things. gives her more time to mix and master each too.

- it lets her steadily rebuild a fanbase. people will bet on her and have faith if shes releasing every month rather than waiting to drop everything together and promising us its coming. plus it helps carve out an overall artistic identity to wider audiences ,especially in context with so many other artists releasing every week

- it makes us feel were actually living in the era. its good if she drops it all at once but we will eat it up in 4 days.

- it lets the songs themselves receive traction and give each individual song its own month to market, promote and get people invested in. 

it helps her keep up with the streaming age - albums are kind of out market & mainstream wise. people focus on individual songs now especially the GP since you pay 5 for 80 million not 10 for 10.

- gives us more overall songs - more room for deluxe and bonus tracks + lets her know what people like and dont like for the heart of the album

Edited by reflection
  • Like 4

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)