Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be completely honest.... I'm grateful we have Bonnie's Hasta La Vista but the whole house thing is a bit too K-pop circa 2015 for my liking, so I'm glad she sold the song off and didn't release it herself because it would've been another one of those cute but dated bops that would do nothing for her. And while I prefer Bonnie's vocal performance over Luciana's, I feel like Luciana's version captured the classic house energy better (especially during the verses). 

1 hour ago, Bambi101 said:

To be completely honest.... I'm grateful we have Bonnie's Hasta La Vista but the whole house thing is a bit too K-pop circa 2015 for my liking, so I'm glad she sold the song off and didn't release it herself because it would've been another one of those cute but dated bops that would do nothing for her. And while I prefer Bonnie's vocal performance over Luciana's, I feel like Luciana's version captured the classic house energy better (especially during the verses). 

Did u just came out as "not f(x)'s 4walls lover"? :ohwell: Ratio pls asap

• LMAO 2

10 hours ago, low kii savage said:

Did u just came out as "not f(x)'s 4walls lover"? :ohwell: Ratio pls asap

Nauuuurrrr!!! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the house era in K-pop and f(x)'s discography remains utterly flawfree. I just find house pop music in 2022 a little been there done that... Even Katie Purry's Walking on Air dates all the way back to 2013 :awkwardney:

Edited by Bambi101

4 hours ago, Bambi101 said:

Nauuuurrrr!!! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the house era in K-pop and f(x)'s discography remains utterly flawfree. I just find house pop music in 2022 a little been there done that... Even Katie Purry's Walking on Air dates all the way back to 2013 :awkwardney:

Yous sins shall be forgiven. Tbh Hasta La Vista isn't really that bad but it do sounds dated, I feel it's maybe not cause of production but chorus? It's way too weak for production like this and almost sounds monotone.

Now let's bet, what's coming sooner, Krsytal's Solo Debut/f(x) reunion or single from Ms. McDonald :cackle:

• YAAASSS 1

11 minutes ago, low kii savage said:

Yous sins shall be forgiven. Tbh Hasta La Vista isn't really that bad but it do sounds dated, I feel it's maybe not cause of production but chorus? It's way too weak for production like this and almost sounds monotone.

Now let's bet, what's coming sooner, Krsytal's Solo Debut/f(x) reunion or single from Ms. McDonald :cackle:

Phew! 😅 xoxo

I agree, the chorus was a letdown for me and it's funnily enough the weakest part on Luciana's version, yet the verses' buildup is really good.

And don't u plan those seeds in my mind for Krystal's (aka my bias's) debut!! I've been DYING to hear some solo releases in that glorious nasally voice of hers for ages now.... Too bad she wants to be a revered serious actress and doesn't seem to care for music AT ALL (unless it's some cute bop with Jessica for their The Simple Life reality show).

f(x) coming together would end careers though. :hottie:

Ms. McDonalds is still living off of the """"success"""" of her award-winning short April Kills Bonnie's Music Career and she'll continue milking it until the early 2030s I'm afraid :cackle:

Edited by Bambi101
  • Like 1

Ok so I’ve just listened to Bonnie McKee’s interview on the ‘Blonde Hair, Black Heart’ podcast: https://lnk.bio/blondehairblackheart

So I’ll summarise for those who don’t wanna listen to it. She basically talks about the hits she’s written for other artists, the publishing deal she has to write for other artists and the songwriting process, Britney Spears, bad experiences with meeting other artists etc. She then mentions her own music and that she’s always sort of been ‘in the shadows’ with her own music. It’s really sad because you can just sense her disappointment that she never made it as an actual artist.

She says something at one point along the lines of ‘I love releasing my own music. Big LOL. I don’t even know how to feel at this point 😅😣

The last 3 minutes of the interview are the most crucial - she mentions the Epic leaks and that she wrote the whole album which ‘never saw the light of day’, and has now said she’s going to just put it out, with a few extras (where have we heard this before?) as it means a lot to her. She then continues to say that she has written a whole other ‘new’ album which she also plans to release at some point.

Edited by Aftershock088
  • Like 3

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)