Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, jamesmax said:

Love this, I'm gonna be using it. How many songs are out there? and are y'all adding Sleepwalker?

I stored Dressed To Kill, Ferocious, Ressurection and Sleepwalker as an ‘EP’ a while ago. I know Sleepwalker is part of the Epic stuff but I just thought it would fit better amongst those ones.

I don’t like Looking 4 Trouble so I’m not even gonna download it 🥴

• LMAO 1

Since this thread is dying, let's discuss our final tracklists for the Epic album and why we chose it. I decided to name it Electric Heaven, and after sitting on it for a few weeks, this is my final tracklist:

1. American Girl
  2. Electric Heaven
  3. S.L.A.Y.
  4. Jenny's Got A Boyfriend
  5. Hot City
  6. Bombastic*** (to be replaced with Right Now when it leaks)
  7. I Wanna Fucking Call You
  8. My So-Called Life
  9. Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt
  10. Rewind Your Heart
  11. Everything But You
  12. Outlaw*** (to be replaced with Hit Me Up when it leaks)
  13. Restless (I've heard that this is from the Bombastic sessions, but it fits the Epic album perfectly)
  14. Waking Up Diagonal
  15. Easy*** (to be replaced with Forever 21 when it leaks)

I'm using Bombastic, Outlaw, and Easy as filler tracks until we finally get the final few songs from the Epic sessions to leak. Apparently Outlaw was on the whiteboard from that one interview, but it doesn't really fit the album sonically or lyrically so I'm putting it on my second Bonnie album. The middle of the album is kinda introspective with MSCL, SGGH, and RYH back to back but I like it like that. A lot of people I've mentioned it to don't like Forever 21 as the closing track, but I feel that it perfectly sums up the carefree nature of the album that Bonnie was aiming for. I couldn't imagine a different song closing the album.

I'm also working on a second Bonnie album. It's primarily composed of unreleased songs that I like but don't fit the Electric Heaven concept that I was aiming for. It doesn't really have a unified sound or theme so it has songs ranging from 2009-2018 on it.

• Like 2

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)