Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

12 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Since this thread is dying, let's discuss our final tracklists for the Epic album and why we chose it. I decided to name it Electric Heaven, and after sitting on it for a few weeks, this is my final tracklist:

1. American Girl
  2. Electric Heaven
  3. S.L.A.Y.
  4. Jenny's Got A Boyfriend
  5. Hot City
  6. Bombastic*** (to be replaced with Right Now when it leaks)
  7. I Wanna Fucking Call You
  8. My So-Called Life
  9. Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt
  10. Rewind Your Heart
  11. Everything But You
  12. Outlaw*** (to be replaced with Hit Me Up when it leaks)
  13. Restless (I've heard that this is from the Bombastic sessions, but it fits the Epic album perfectly)
  14. Waking Up Diagonal
  15. Easy*** (to be replaced with Forever 21 when it leaks)

I'm using Bombastic, Outlaw, and Easy as filler tracks until we finally get the final few songs from the Epic sessions to leak. Apparently Outlaw was on the whiteboard from that one interview, but it doesn't really fit the album sonically or lyrically so I'm putting it on my second Bonnie album. The middle of the album is kinda introspective with MSCL, SGGH, and RYH back to back but I like it like that. A lot of people I've mentioned it to don't like Forever 21 as the closing track, but I feel that it perfectly sums up the carefree nature of the album that Bonnie was aiming for. I couldn't imagine a different song closing the album.

I'm also working on a second Bonnie album. It's primarily composed of unreleased songs that I like but don't fit the Electric Heaven concept that I was aiming for. It doesn't really have a unified sound or theme so it has songs ranging from 2009-2018 on it.

Mine is as follows:

2022-01-12-3.png

With Forever 21 as track 3, which remains unleaked. When/if it leaks, I'll add it. I think there's a great story going from Hot City until Rewind Your Heart, arranged that way:

Tracks 1 (American Girl) and 2 (S.L.A.Y.) both kinda set the mood for the record, and track 3 (Forever 21) in an extent as well: this thing of having fun, being young, falling in love, feeling powerful, being the best you can and live your life. Such a mood. Then, you hang out with friends (Hot City) and meet your friend Jenny's boyfriend, who you get a crush on (Jenny's Got a Boyfriend), but as it's an infatuation that will not end well, you decide not to make a move, as much as you want to (I Wanna Fucking Call You). The feeling is not gone, and you kinda give in to it, so things begin to flow between you and Jenny's boyfriend (Electric Heaven), but then reality hits after something goes wrong as he leaves (Everything But You) and the relationship eventually ends (Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt). After the downfall of the relationship, you'd wish everything was like the now-gone good moments (Rewind Your Heart), but as it's not gonna happen, you just step away and get to know more people, so you get to know this guy to have a more casual affair with, but it's fun (Unlock Your Love and, to an extent, Outlaw - in the frame of talking of a past exclusive formal relationship and now you have the complete freedom to meet anyone you want), in the process of forgetting how the last relationship went and you've moved on (Waking Up Diagonal). The last track (Don't Get Mad, Get Famous) felt good as a closing song as it takes again the same powerful streak of the first three songs, so the story takes a sort of cycle-closing ending.

P.S. I ended up writing everything as if you are Bonnie but it's just how I'd explain her how I pictured the album's plot if it was ordered this way. // I think that, with this story, Sexin U could fit between Unlock Your Love and Outlaw, but that will keep making the album longer than I want it to be so I'll leave it for an Epic additional EP.

Of course I have more Bonnie albums, but this is the one I'm proud of the most, and also the one I love the most, if it's not evident enough :cackle: the other one I really like is the one I call Wild at Heart, from the 2014-16 sessions including the Bombastic EP. I'm very OCD with eras so that's why I parted her discography into 12-14 track albums, leaving out those I'm not too fond of. I'm still working on an Epic companion EP, with some outtakes from the main album.

Edited by Moonchild
  • YAAASSS 1

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also was finally able to make a better Electric Heaven remaster, and I really like how it turned out! Enjoy in mp3 and WAV.

Just in case you wonder how it changes, it sounds more balanced. This is the original leak's waveforms:

2022-01-19.png

And this is the remastered waveforms:

2022-01-19-1.png

So essentially it sounds louder, but not only more punchy. It's more balanced so the verses sound louder and the choruses don't punch much over her vocals.

Edited by Moonchild
  • Like 3
  • Shook 1

5 hours ago, Moonchild said:

Eu também finalmente consegui fazer uma remasterização de Electric Heaven melhor, e eu realmente gostei de como ficou! Desfrute em mp3 e WAV .

Apenas no caso de você se perguntar como isso muda, soa mais equilibrado. Esta é a forma de onda do vazamento original:

2022-01-19.png

E estas são as formas de onda remasterizadas:

2022-01-19-1.png

Então, essencialmente, soa mais alto, mas não apenas mais forte. É mais equilibrado, então os versos soam mais altos e os refrões não soam muito sobre seus vocais.

Could Host On Another Server

10 hours ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Since this thread is dying, let's discuss our final tracklists for the Epic album and why we chose it. I decided to name it Electric Heaven, and after sitting on it for a few weeks, this is my final tracklist:

1. American Girl
  2. Electric Heaven
  3. S.L.A.Y.
  4. Jenny's Got A Boyfriend
  5. Hot City
  6. Bombastic*** (to be replaced with Right Now when it leaks)
  7. I Wanna Fucking Call You
  8. My So-Called Life
  9. Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt
  10. Rewind Your Heart
  11. Everything But You
  12. Outlaw*** (to be replaced with Hit Me Up when it leaks)
  13. Restless (I've heard that this is from the Bombastic sessions, but it fits the Epic album perfectly)
  14. Waking Up Diagonal
  15. Easy*** (to be replaced with Forever 21 when it leaks)

I'm using Bombastic, Outlaw, and Easy as filler tracks until we finally get the final few songs from the Epic sessions to leak. Apparently Outlaw was on the whiteboard from that one interview, but it doesn't really fit the album sonically or lyrically so I'm putting it on my second Bonnie album. The middle of the album is kinda introspective with MSCL, SGGH, and RYH back to back but I like it like that. A lot of people I've mentioned it to don't like Forever 21 as the closing track, but I feel that it perfectly sums up the carefree nature of the album that Bonnie was aiming for. I couldn't imagine a different song closing the album.

I'm also working on a second Bonnie album. It's primarily composed of unreleased songs that I like but don't fit the Electric Heaven concept that I was aiming for. It doesn't really have a unified sound or theme so it has songs ranging from 2009-2018 on it.

Mine is Electric Heaven (title), Hot City, Don’t Get Mad (Get Famous), SLAY, Waking Up Diagonal, Sexin U, IWFCU, JGAB, SGGH, Everything But U and Rewind Your Heart. 
Forever 21, Right Now and Hit Me Up will join the main album one day. 
I also have b-side album with Love You To Pieces, My So-Called Life, Outlaw, Hitman, Unlock Your Love, Trash Television and Sabotage. These last two are not epic sessions but I had no idea where to put them :hottie:

Edited by SunIsUp
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Alef Santos said:

Could Host On Another Server

Sure thing! Maybe Google Drive works for you? 

10 minutes ago, napoleon said:

Sad that the leaks stopped. Looks like we'll never get Forever 21. I'd just like to thank the PHF member who leaked Hot City, it might be my favorite track from the Epic Sessions.

This really feels like her XCX World era, with Forever 21, a fan favourite, remaining unleaked, just like Taxi did for a long while :yeah: 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, jamesmax said:

I love that y'all forgot about Right Now and Hit Me Up. 

Well I keep forgetting about them because apparently the Right Now circulating is not THE Right Now she performed, so :morning: 

And with Hit Me Up, not the biggest fan of it tbh, though it would be cool to have more Bonnie.

But if you'd ask me which song I'd prefer to get in full first, I would always say Forever 21 :yeah: 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, zaynphallic said:

Well... it was fun well it lasted y'all. 😭 Never thought I'd see so many people so excited about Bonnie again. Here's hoping we get Forever 21 (and Right Now / Hit Me Up) someday.

Yo, she has us wrapped around her finger :yeah: It would be great if she used the momentum of the leaks to make some appearance in her socials or anything 

Just now, Moonchild said:

Yo, she has us wrapped around her finger :yeah: It would be great if she used the momentum of the leaks to make some appearance in her socials or anything 

I completely agree! It's somewhat reassuring that she's had a number of the leaks pulled down from YouTube (S.LA.Y., Everything But You) so here's hoping that she actually comes through and releases something this time. I'd be thrilled with another 4 or 5 track EP with the final, polished tracks. Something like...

1. S.L.A.Y.
  2. Forever 21
  3. Hot City
  4. Everything But You
  5. Rewind Your Heart
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, zaynphallic said:

I completely agree! It's somewhat reassuring that she's had a number of the leaks pulled down from YouTube (S.LA.Y., Everything But You) so here's hoping that she actually comes through and releases something this time. I'd be thrilled with another 4 or 5 track EP with the final, polished tracks. Something like...

1. S.L.A.Y.
  2. Forever 21
  3. Hot City
  4. Everything But You
  5. Rewind Your Heart

Exactly! From those sessions, she literally has material to drop 4 EPs like that. One each 6 months. And there she is, a regularly-releasing artist delivering bops every single time :yeah: Who knows what's gonna happen with these songs tbh

1 hour ago, zaynphallic said:

Well... it was fun while it lasted y'all. 😭 Never thought I'd see so many people so excited about Bonnie again. Here's hoping we get Forever 21 (and Right Now / Hit Me Up) someday.

i feel like we're done with epic leaks :yeah: 

On the other hand can we appreciate how good her 2011-2012 leaks are? literally a pop perfections. I Dare You sounds like a total smash. Rules of Attraction is also a masterpiece :yeah:

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)