Sugababes

Main Pop Girl

4 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

Yeah, the chorus definitly takes life in a live setting. The harmonies should take center stage in the studio version like it does here, rather than being EQed out in favour of the synthetic horns (or should I call them horny synth ?😅😂). The song doesn't scream come back single or new Sugababes era but I discovered it to be very catchy and heart warming once I got over my early disapointment.

Mutya and Keisha are sounding better than ever! Not really a fan of the awkward dance moves but it was great vocally. I hope this gives them some hype to push the song up the charts!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Main Pop Girl said:

I know it's old news, but this performance of Flatline is making me believe in heaven :hail: 

The whole set makes me believe in Heaven but I have to agree, Flatline is a highlight in both their whole discography and this performance. They did it justice with their vocals and the little arrangements makes it more current.

It's so cool to see them perform it in front of a giant Sugababes logo. If it was released for the first time today with their legacy reignited and the right promotion I wonder if it would have done well. Definitly better than in the MKS era.

2 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

The whole set makes me believe in Heaven but I have to agree, Flatline is a highlight in both their whole discography and this performance. They did it justice with their vocals and the little arrangements makes it more current.

It's so cool to see them perform it in front of a giant Sugababes logo. If it was released for the first time today with their legacy reignited and the right promotion I wonder if it would have done well. Definitly better than in the MKS era.

Their vocals are seriously out of this world on this song, and that harmony before the last chorus is just transcendent! I still don't know if the song would do well these days just because it's so different from what's on the radio, but to me it's one of the best pop songs ever <3 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Main Pop Girl said:

Their vocals are seriously out of this world on this song, and that harmony before the last chorus is just transcendent! I still don't know if the song would do well these days just because it's so different from what's on the radio, but to me it's one of the best pop songs ever <3 

It is to me too.

On other news, interesting Mutya Interview here :

It's nice to see her so grounded now.

So funny that she was a professional dancer before being a Sugababes. 😄

• Love 1

2 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

It is to me too.

So funny that she was a professional dancer before being a Sugababes. 😄

I love how all these forgotten flops from the glory years of pop have a podcast now :yaskween: I'll definitely be checking this out!

• YAAASSS 1

4 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

I’m really proud that she’s British. She’s one of the all time best gifted vocalists that the U.K. has ever produced. There have been points where her voice has really touched my soul and her range is better than various U.S. artists who have received greater acclaim and wider success. I will never not feel protective of her.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

20 Year anniversary re-pack of Siobhan’s debut solo album “Revolution In Me”, up for pre-order now and available from December 8th:

https://siobhandonaghy.tmstor.es

CQD8Qqz.png

Revolution In Me - Expanded 2xCD 

Spoiler

CD1

Nothing But Song 
Man Without Friends 
Overrated 
Little Bits
As You Like It
Next Human (XY) 
Suasex 
Twist Of Fate 
Faces 
Dialect 
Revolution In Me 
Iodine 

CD2

Pop Illusion* 
Fickle*
Instances 
Those Anythings 
Thus Far 
Don't Know Why
I'm So Glad You're Mine 
Twist of Fate [Original Mix]* 
Nothing But Song [Alternative Mix] 
Dialect [Alternative Mix]* 
Instances [Alternative Mix]*
Overrated [Single Version] 
Man Without Friends [Alternative Version] 
Twist of Fate [Radio Edit] 
Overrated [Radio Edit] 
Pop Illusion [Luke Mornay Great Escape Mix]*

* Previously unreleased

“Overrated”:

“Twist Of Fate”:

Edited by Dax Diameter
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 10/21/2023 at 12:57 AM, OliverLuxembourg said:

Does anybody have the bonus disk from the One Touch anniversary edition? I want to listen to the alternative mix of One Foot In but it is unavailable everywhere 😭 

Sorry I don't. 

9 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

20 Year anniversary re-pack of Siobhan’s debut solo album “Revolution In Me”, up for pre-order now and available from December 8th:

https://siobhandonaghy.tmstor.es

CQD8Qqz.png

Revolution In Me - Expanded 2xCD 

Hide contents

CD1

Nothing But Song 
Man Without Friends 
Overrated 
Little Bits
As You Like It
Next Human (XY) 
Suasex 
Twist Of Fate 
Faces 
Dialect 
Revolution In Me 
Iodine 

CD2

Pop Illusion* 
Fickle*
Instances 
Those Anythings 
Thus Far 
Don't Know Why
I'm So Glad You're Mine 
Twist of Fate [Original Mix]* 
Nothing But Song [Alternative Mix] 
Dialect [Alternative Mix]* 
Instances [Alternative Mix]*
Overrated [Single Version] 
Man Without Friends [Alternative Version] 
Twist of Fate [Radio Edit] 
Overrated [Radio Edit] 
Pop Illusion [Luke Mornay Great Escape Mix]*

* Previously unreleased

“Overrated”:

“Twist Of Fate”:

Nice to see her doing something for it. I wonder of she'll take some time to promote or even perform the songs.

• Like 1

The girls have given multiple interviews recently and what I can remember about the album :

• The album is not done. They have exciting writing sessions to come. 

• They are still waiting for the Pharrell session to happen as he is pretty busy (not sure it will happen)

• When The Rain Comes was released because they wanted to give the fans a gift but they also released it so it wouldn't leak. They are traumatised and I understand why. They don't even have the songs they recorded to avoid leaks. This mean they will probably continue releasing stuff before the album is completed to avoid leaks.
    This and the fact the song hasn't been given a video treatment shows that they don't treat it as a lead single. I wouldn't be surprised if they choose to not include it if it doesn't fit the rest of the material. 

• They have a direction in mind for the album but that might change in the process of recording.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...