Sugababes

Main Pop Girl

So finally people have been getting their When the rain comes single after much delays.

The single charted ! 

• # 2 in the physical chart
  • #4 in the vinyl chart
  • #16 in the sales chart

IMG-0193.jpg

The cover is pretty different than the mockup with the text looking like rain falling. I actually like it even if the original was better to my liking. The picture is not mine (Lapras from Pop Justice).

8 hours ago, Heartbreak Anthem said:

According to Mutya, they're attending the GRAMMYs tomorrow night.

Great ! I'm surprised they are even getting there as they are not that well known in the US. Might be the occasion to meet new artists and producers they might end up working with. I wouldn't mind Jack Antonof (who I hope will finally get Lana Del Rey a Grammy) if he uses his bombastic sound for the babes.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Main Pop Girl said:

That's unexpected!

5 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

Great ! I'm surprised they are even getting there as they are not that well known in the US. Might be the occasion to meet new artists and producers they might end up working with. I wouldn't mind Jack Antonof (who I hope will finally get Lana Del Rey a Grammy) if he uses his bombastic sound for the babes.

My guess is their invite is via BMG Rights Management. At the same time, I have seen some non-music people from television series walk the red carpet, so it does make me wonder how invitations are handed out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Heartbreak Anthem said:

My guess is their invite is via BMG Rights Management. At the same time, I have seen some non-music people from television series walk the red carpet, so it does make me wonder how invitations are handed out.

Imagine them making American moves at this point in their career. Round Round and Push The Button could finally get the recognition they deserve :hail: 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, genetonic said:

Has there been any footages of the babes at the Grammys yet?

I was looking for this too...None of them posted about it on their individual social medias or the group's. The most recent thing posted is Keisha at some gospel event :awkwardney: Are we sure they actually went?

• Like 1

On 2/5/2024 at 3:26 AM, Main Pop Girl said:

I was looking for this too...None of them posted about it on their individual social medias or the group's. The most recent thing posted is Keisha at some gospel event :awkwardney: Are we sure they actually went?

Per Mutya they did. But they were not sure if they would be walking the red carpet, etc. Many attend and just sit in the audience, and nothing more.

10 hours ago, Heartbreak Anthem said:

Per Mutya they did. But they were not sure if they would be walking the red carpet, etc. Many attend and just sit in the audience, and nothing more.

Even if they didn't walk the red carpet, you'd think they'd at least make an Instagram story or something 🤔

9 hours ago, Main Pop Girl said:

My bet is Mutya forgot what the MOBOs were called and just called them the Grammys :stretcher: 

That definitely wouldn't be impossible. 🫠😂

9 hours ago, genetonic said:

They are at the MOBOs today though. They were seen rehearsing Freak Like Me in one of their stories.

That was actually the song that made the most sense to me as part of a medley as it's an R&B tune (even with the rockish synthpop sound of Are friends Electric).  I would be suprised if it was only that song though.

The MOBO (litterally "music of black origin") is for celebration of Black music no matter the origin of the maker. I was wondering which other song they could include. They've been channeling black music their whole carreer but it's mostly been mixed with other genres that are not (Mainly pop). Maybe that's the point of celebrating them for contributing to the evolution of channeled genres by mixing them with other influences and making them popular music.  

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

On 2/13/2024 at 6:46 AM, Main Pop Girl said:

Here's the medley from the MOBO Awards! They did a great job but I have to say I'm getting sick of hearing all these old songs now. I hope we get some new bangers soon for them to promote!

I think they killed it. It was definitely appropriate that they sang hits for the occasion they got a MOBO to celebrate their 25 years of carreer. Overload was a no brainer as it's the only hit this lineup got. It's the perfect way to close the legacy era and move on.

They did When the rain comes quite a few times recently on TV and I'm pretty sure that now that they've established their legacy back they are going foward with new music to release and to perform. They didn't want The Lost Tape to be the big event, hence not performing that many new songs from this album which they consider a demo album and not a comeback album. I'm pretty sure that after the release of the 9th album, their setlists will be at least 40% of post Sweet 7 songs. At least I hope strongly that it will be the case.

It's been a blast seing them rework/reinterpret those songs but now we need something fresh or at the very least rework of songs from their back catalogue they haven't done yet. 

Edited by sunshineslave

23 hours ago, sunshineslave said:

I think they killed it. It was definitely appropriate that they sang hits for the occasion they got a MOBO to celebrate their 25 years of carreer. Overload was a no brainer as it's the only hit this lineup got. It's the perfect way to close the legacy era and move on.

They did When the rain comes quite a few times recently on TV and I'm pretty sure that now that they've established their legacy back they are going foward with new music to release and to perform. They didn't want The Lost Tape to be the big event, hence not performing that many new songs from this album which they consider a demo album and not a comeback album. I'm pretty sure that after the release of the 9th album, their setlists will be at least 40% of post Sweet 7 songs. At least I hope strongly that it will be the case.

It's been a blast seing them rework/reinterpret those songs but now we need something fresh or at the very least rework of songs from their back catalogue they haven't done yet. 

I'd be here for some reworks of older songs! Even if they went for some of the lesser known singles like Change or Soul Sound I'd prefer it to hearing Overload and Push the Button for the 1000th time. I really just want new music to see what they're capable of in 2024!