Sugababes

Main Pop Girl

13 hours ago, tropicalian said:

They're all on dbreei f you search by titles (Poetry In Motion, Heaven, Emotional, Brand New). Brand New is a cute bop and Heaven would be good if fifnished 

They all sound super promising to me! I think Heaven and Poetry In Motion are my faves. And honestly, it's cool to see their writing process and know that they're not just having songs pre-written and handed to them!

12 hours ago, Heartbreak Anthem said:

Oh please, no Timbaland. He'd throw some "Eh eh eh" on the track, and demand it be labeled "Timbaland featuring Sugababes," and I'd cry.

But you have to admit that Timbo's "eh eh"s are iconic :cackle: 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2023 at 3:50 AM, Main Pop Girl said:

They all sound super promising to me! I think Heaven and Poetry In Motion are my faves. And honestly, it's cool to see their writing process and know that they're not just having songs pre-written and handed to them!

But you have to admit that Timbo's "eh eh"s are iconic :cackle: 

To be honest I think Timbo's iconic sound during Furtado's Loose and Timberlake's Futuresex eras was one of the sound that Sweet 7 was trying to emulate but it didn't work for the Babes. 

I still wouldn't mind them trying out working with him. Especially with MKS being full on in the creative process. Plus Timbo's is more versatile than people think and I think if they match in the studio it could be pretty great. Something like Beyoncé's Rocket would fit them like a glove with their crazy harmonies that could match Bey's.

And coming back to the Pharell discussion, those 3 artists (Beyonce, Nelly and Justin) are artists with whom he did great stuff, so who knows what he could do with the babes if he's harsed to. Plus, let's be honest, Happy is iconic (yeah i know people are bored of this song, but it is a BOP and I personnally enjoy it).

Oh, unexpected though I would love to see the babes work with Daft Punk or SebAstian. Now that could provide some surprising results. And being french I would love the Babes to get closer to France as there is basically no relationship between them and my country.

On 11/14/2023 at 3:37 PM, genetonic said:

Wonder how these tracks got out of containment so quickly. A lot of these tracks aren't even a year old

Some have had them since April (weeks after the development point Monday’s work in progress tracks go up to), it’s my understanding that batch of development tracks only leaked after later stage tracks (superseding Monday’s WIP tracks), with more fleshed out vocals were attained by select traders, thus replacing those early WIP tracks in terms of desirability/ value.

Edited by Kaiden

51 minutes ago, Kaiden said:

Some have had them since April (weeks after the development point Monday’s work in progress tracks go up to), it’s my understanding that batch of development tracks only leaked after later stage tracks (superseding Monday’s WIP tracks), with more fleshed out vocals were attained by select traders, thus replacing those early WIP tracks in terms of desirability/ value.

Sorry, I didn't understand everything. It seems very interesting tough. For exemple, I don't know what Monday is appart from being a day in the week.

Edited by sunshineslave

8 hours ago, Main Pop Girl said:

They do sound really good, but I hope nothing leaks before we get the album :( I don't want any more delays!

I feel the same. I don't want to hear them or any snippet before it's proper time. Those girls have suffered so much from the leaks. It's one of the reasons The Lost Tapes was released 10 years later than due (not the only one I know), and we're pretty lucky we ended up getting it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1