Sugababes

Main Pop Girl

On 8/21/2023 at 6:47 AM, sunshineslave said:

"Mutya Keisha Siobhan" was my first idea for the album's title so I would have loved that but I actually don't mind the lost tapes. Plus I love how they made it work graphically on the physical release. (By the way, limited CDs are being sold now as well!). And I think it's a smart choice commercially to point out it's not an actual new album. They need to keep the momentum for what's coming next.

Same; The Lost Tapes just fit the project, especially since this also doesn't feel entirely a Sugababes album, if that makes sense?

• Like 1

On 8/22/2023 at 12:52 PM, sunshineslave said:

Personaly, I don't mind as I'm not a fan of the deluxe tracks :

• I hate their version of Breath Me. I don't understand why they would turn such a delicate song into cheap Dubstep and especially release it now that it aged so badly. Keisha said on Instagram that she would have released it as a single. I'm glad they didn't.

• Back to life is ok but I never listen to it. The autotune on the released one makes me like it even less.

I forgot about this. The autotune was quite off-putting. I never go back to that version (despite having now pre-ordered the CD). I regard Keisha as one of the most PR savvy pop stars ever and I take anything she says about “Back to Life” or “Breathe Me” with a pinch of salt. Despite preferring those in unpolished form, It is my understanding there was no actual intention to use either of them prior to 2022.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2023 at 4:58 PM, Dax Diameter said:

Rehearsals are well underway for next Friday’s 02 Arena gig!

THaQx12.jpg

Even if I won't be there, I can't wait to see what they have cooked for the fans. It can't be the exact same setlist and same stage design.

And I can't wait to know if the big announcement is worth the hype or not. An european or world arena tour would be a decent alternative to the new music everyone is wishing for. If the O2 show is brand new, there's no reason they wouldn't use it again. 

-----

There was a conversation about people messing with the line up in the Spice Girls topic after Main Pop Girl posted about someone integrating member who were not there in a song with AI. I introduced the idea that people are soon going to mess up with Sugababes recording having line ups interpreting song they have done (for exemple 1.0 singing Freedom or 4.0 singing Flatline 😅). Let's continue the conversation here.

On 9/7/2023 at 9:30 PM, Main Pop Girl said:

...lowkey, I would be here for Heidi getting a couple of lines on Flatline :orly: Or just a version of Push the Button with all six of them!

For the second one, there's no need of AI to fake voices. Someone has been doing live edit of songs with all 6 members like for exemple this one :

Now that we have the  Isle of Wight performance in pretty good quality, it's only a matter of time before this person does the same with most of the 2.0 songs that were performed there.

Personally I would take a 1.0 version anytime over one with all members but that's still fun fan fiction to watch. It will probably not happen in real life anytime soon and I'm glad it won't.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

Check your inbox.

I wanna know too 🥸

By the way, new single coming at midnight called When the Rain Comes

632x632bb.webp

1:30 snippet already available :

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/when-the-rain-comes-single/1706358432

By the look of it they are gonna perform it tomorrow at the O2 :

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxK3fD0oGqn/

On first listen I'm not feeling it that much. Sounds like some R&B I could imagine anyone do but I'm waiting for the full thing to make a judgement. I'm sure they'll rock it live though.

Apparently, the babes own the master and BMG is backing them. 

EDIT :

9 minutes ago, kierxnspears said:

New Sugababes single "When The Rain Comes" out midnight! There was no email or announcement... but the cover art and song is listed in New Zealand iTunes so I'm assuming it will be out midnight

Image 14-09-2023 at 13.21.jpg

Sorry, we posted at the same time. The instagram post says MIDNIGHT so it is definitly gonna be there at that time. Apparently it is already available in New Zealand.

Edited by sunshineslave
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, sunshineslave said:

I wanna know too 🥸

By the way, new single coming at midnight called When the Rain Comes

632x632bb.webp

1:30 snippet already available :

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/when-the-rain-comes-single/1706358432

By the look of it they are gonna perform it tomorrow at the O2 :

https://www.instagram.com/p/CxK3fD0oGqn/

On first listen I'm not feeling it that much. Sounds like some R&B I could imagine anyone do but I'm waiting for the full thing to make a judgement. I'm sure they'll rock it live though.

Apparently, the babes own the master and BMG is backing them. 

EDIT :

Sorry, we posted at the same time. The instagram post says MIDNIGHT so it is definitly gonna be there at that time. Apparently it is already available in New Zealand.

I'm not feeling it much either :( I feel like they can definitely make much better and have proven this already... idk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kierxnspears said:

New Sugababes single "When The Rain Comes" out midnight! There was no email or announcement... but the cover art and song is listed in New Zealand iTunes so I'm assuming it will be out midnight

Image 14-09-2023 at 13.21.jpg

Oh My God!

Words literally fail me and cannot begin to describe what a truly historical, pivotal moment in the all time history of pop music this actually is!

With some new releases I just think, “yeah whatever, I’ll listen to it in the morning” .. (but not this one).

I hope they are signed/ I hope it’s not done on the cheap/ (I hope it’s a banger but looks like it may be a ballad/ mid-tempo).

However, I’m truly open to whatever they wanna serve.

I think I heard rumors of a song called “Bounceback” but not sure if it’s true (with the person who said it, citing an old Louise track as a reference point).

Edited by Dax Diameter
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

Oh My God!

Words literally fail me and cannot begin to describe what a truly historical, pivotal moment in the all time history of pop music this actually is!

With some new releases I just think, “yeah whatever, I’ll listen to it in the morning” .. (but not this one).

I hope they are signed/ I hope it’s not done on the cheap/ (I hope it’s a banger but looks like it may be a ballad/ mid-tempo).

However, I’m truly open to whatever they wanna serve.

I think I heard rumors of a song called “Bounceback” but not sure if it’s true (with the person who said it, citing an old Louise track as a reference point).

The song is released through BMG, but apparently the girls hold the rights and BMG is just releasing it.. it says BMG on iTunes!

• Like 2

Oh damn, I was not expecting a new single from them rn! I think the song sounds pretty and like a natural progression from their first album, and their voices all sound great as usual. Unfortunately it's nothing as revolutionary as Flatline or fun as Round Round but I wasn't really expecting that from them at this point tbh. I'm excited to hear the full and I hope we get a cool video too!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Main Pop Girl said:

Oh damn, I was not expecting a new single from them rn! I think the song sounds pretty and like a natural progression from their first album, and their voices all sound great as usual. Unfortunately it's nothing as revolutionary as Flatline or fun as Round Round but I wasn't really expecting that from them at this point tbh. I'm excited to hear the full and I hope we get a cool video too!

I'm pretty sure the pitcure is from a coming video. It looks too sophisticated for just a single cover's photoshooot but I might be wrong.

I hope it's a buzz song rather than a lead single but we'll see what they say at the O2.

Edited by sunshineslave
  • Like 1