Sugababes

Main Pop Girl

1 hour ago, OliverLuxembourg said:

Did Amelle say that on her twitter? 

How do you know so much? Are you friends with Keisha? 

There was an occasion when Keisha (and her then boyfriend), invited Amelle to the cinema and a meal with them both, Amelle later reported her take on how she felt about the meeting on Twitter, yes.

It was years ago. At another point in time, Amelle and Mutya had an exchange on Twitter also.

We know some of the same people and I have been employed at various points with companies (not Crown), who have had active business associations with various iterations of the group.

I’m not an insider, I’m several degrees away from the inner proclivities of the group.

On 10/1/2023 at 3:45 PM, genetonic said:

For those who bought The Lost Tapes CD, does anyone know if there are any differences to the mixing and mastering? Are the glitches on the outro of Drum and the middle 8 still present as well? Apologies if the topic has been brought up already.

I don't think so but I don't own a copy myself to confirm it. 

-----

This is legendary. Their vocals. The crowd and the ambiance. Some songs are probably the closest we'll get to a studio version of MKS killing old Subababes songs. Siobhan seems so confident, it feels like she (or any of them for that matter) ever left the band.  It's soooo nice to see.

Now I hope we'll get the O2 show (apparently it was filmed) so we'll have 3 very different setting for the same tour (Isle of wight as a festival, Boiler Room as a crazy intimate set, and the O2 as an Arena show).

Edited by sunshineslave
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 2:45 PM, genetonic said:

For those who bought The Lost Tapes CD, does anyone know if there are any differences to the mixing and mastering? Are the glitches on the outro of Drum and the middle 8 still present as well? Apologies if the topic has been brought up already.

I have a copy but it’s at my family home and waiting for me with the cellophane still on. I’m unlikely to play it before Christmas holidays, sorry I can’t help.

On 10/5/2023 at 10:40 PM, sunshineslave said:

-----

This is legendary. Their vocals. The crowd and the ambiance. Some songs are probably the closest we'll get to a studio version of MKS killing old Subababes songs. Siobhan seems so confident, it feels like she (or any of them for that matter) ever left the band.  It's soooo nice to see.

Now I hope we'll get the O2 show (apparently it was filmed) so we'll have 3 very different setting for the same tour (Isle of wight as a festival, Boiler Room as a crazy intimate set, and the O2 as an Arena show).

I love the idea of this performance! So cool to see them up close and personal and interacting with the fans. I wish we'd gotten a ballad like Stronger instead of Flowers, but other than that it was great. They all sound amazing!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Main Pop Girl said:

I love the idea of this performance! So cool to see them up close and personal and interacting with the fans. I wish we'd gotten a ballad like Stronger instead of Flowers, but other than that it was great. They all sound amazing!

I think the set was perfect for that set up. If you look at Boiler Room's general line up, they have 99% of djs. It's basically a cool club. You're supposed to dance, jump and sweat there (hence the boiler room name, people literally get boiled there). 

It's supposed to be edgy and uptempo set, that's why they didn't include any ballad nor the pure pop that is About you now. I knew that before I watched so I wasn't disappointed. 

I do agree with you though : we need a professional recording of them singing Stronger. That is definitely the one I miss the most. I have seen one fan recording that was pretty good but missing the first few seconds. It's better than nothing. I will post it when I get on my computer. 

• Like 2

On 10/5/2023 at 9:40 PM, sunshineslave said:

-----

It’s never a bad night out when a club crowd this cool forget themselves and grin like Cheshire cats with gleeful abandon. It was an excellent short set but ‘Flowers’ needs to be swopped out with (dare I say it) ‘Easy’.

I know they never would because they sadly don’t see the potential for their vocal blend in that track, but I can still dream.

I’m pretty sure Sweet Female Attitude would like to re-establish “Flowers” as being their song in the minds of the public (and it was literally the only song anyone ever remembered them for).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

I’m pretty sure Sweet Female Attitude would like to re-establish “Flowers” as being their song in the minds of the public (and it was literally the only song anyone ever remembered them for).

I discovered the song with them and I think their live rendition is electric and works very well in the whole garage segment with overload.

I for one like that they coned the general public into thinking Flowers is theirs. I wouldn't be surprised that some people wrongly believe that the original singers are just another lineup of the babes.🤣

The song was very lonely as a hit in the catalogue of Sweet female attitude. She got lots of friends in a Sugababes setlist now. 🫡

9 minutes ago, sunshineslave said:

I discovered the song with them and I think their live rendition is electric and works very well in the whole garage segment with overload.

I for one like that they coned the general public into thinking Flowers is theirs. I wouldn't be surprised that some people wrongly believe that the original singers are just another lineup of the babes.🤣

The song was very lonely as a hit in the catalogue of Sweet female attitude. She got lots of friends in a Sugababes setlist now. 🫡

Hmm.. it’s literally the only Hit these girls ever had and represents the most exciting moment in their individual lives. I’m not going to strip them of that one shining moment in the sun and take it away from them.

Going forwards, Sugababes have a rich enough catalogue of their own to borrow from.

Edited by Dax Diameter
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

Hmm.. it’s literally the only Hit these girls ever had and represents the most exciting moment in their individual lives. I’m not going to strip them of that one shining moment in the sun and take it away from them.

Going forwards, Sugababes have a rich enough catalogue of their own to borrow from.

I agree about Flowers. To me, the SFA version is the original and the best and none of the covers have ever matched it (even though the girls sound great singing it). Even out of the covers, the Sugababes version didn't even chart on the official UK singles chart whereas the Nathan Dawe version hit #12, so I don't think anyone really thinks of our girls when they hear Flowers. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

3 hours ago, Main Pop Girl said:

I agree about Flowers. To me, the SFA version is the original and the best and none of the covers have ever matched it (even though the girls sound great singing it). Even out of the covers, the Sugababes version didn't even chart on the official UK singles chart whereas the Nathan Dawe version hit #12, so I don't think anyone really thinks of our girls when they hear Flowers. 

I understand what you both mean. 

Anyway, if anything, the girls shine a light on that song so that's all to SFA's benefit. I was kidding about the con thing. If anything the girls wants to bring SFA their Flowers, not steal their work. I take it as a homage especially as they kept the song intact in term of production. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, sunshineslave said:

The girls are performing (and probably being interviewed) in Graham Norton tonight :

https://www.instagram.com/p/CyVkEaOIIrq/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=90c7340f-40d1-4c65-8f0d-30d9a8b1df37&img_index=1

It will be their first screened performance of the song.

Still not sure this is the comeback single they should be pushing, but I'm excited to hear it live! I know the harmonies are gonna be beautiful <3 

• YAAASSS 1

14 hours ago, Main Pop Girl said:

Still not sure this is the comeback single they should be pushing, but I'm excited to hear it live! I know the harmonies are gonna be beautiful <3 

Yeah, the chorus definitly takes life in a live setting. The harmonies should take center stage in the studio version like it does here, rather than being EQed out in favour of the synthetic horns (or should I call them horny synth ?😅😂). The song doesn't scream come back single or new Sugababes era but I discovered it to be very catchy and heart warming once I got over my early disapointment.

Edited by sunshineslave