We've had some people tell us that they're unable to send messages to members because their inboxes are too full. Please don't forget to check your inbox and delete old messages to free up space so that you can still receive new ones!

liberation

Lindsay Lohan - A Little More Personal (Raw) Appreciation Thread

7dafe630213ca477c97a715e7387a6c76f524cd7.jpg

I was just listening to this iconic masterpiece and realized that no one even talk about this album! So i was wondering, for those who already listened to this, what are your favorites tracks? Which ones should've been singles after "Confessions of a Broken Heart"? Why is the cover one of the most beautiful ever? 

My personal favorites are "Black Hole", "I Live for the Day" and "If It's Alright". All of them are so emotional and shows that Lindsay had so much potential :fishie: I also adore "A Little More Personal" and "My Innocence", those two definitely complete my top 5. 

For those who haven't listened to it yet, i thought i should share a download link, so thank me later :) 

Please share your thoughts!

Spoiler

01 Confessions of a Broken Heart (Daughter to Father)

02 Black Hole

03 I Live for the Day

04 I Want You to Want Me

05 My Innocence

06 A Little More Personal

07 If it's Alright

08 If You Were Me

09 Fastlane

10 Edge of Seventeen

11 Who Loves You

12 A Beautiful Life (La Bella Vita)

Please login or register to see this link.

• Like 2
  • YAAASSS 1

Loooooooooove it

My faves are also Black Hole, I Live For The Day, My Innocence and If Its Alright

and then I have to add Edge of Seventeen... LOVE her cover

Love everything about this album, too bad she didnt film a video for I Live For The Day, which was suposed to be the 2nd single (promo cds were sent to radio stations)

Love the cover, the photoshoot, the album booklet with the handwritten lyrics

Loooooove the Confessions video

She had so much potential :yeah:

• Like 1

If I'm being honest I've always stanned Lindsay since her album Speak and any movies she basically acted in. Over and her cover of Rumors were definite bops. 

From A Little More Personal Raw I actually enjoyed every track my favorite in particular was probably Black Hole. I remember being younger waiting for the music video for Confessions Of a Broken Heart all the time and would be so happy when it did. Lol 

Such a shame she didn't get very far and became a wreck. It would be so nice for her to get back and release a comeback album. 

• Like 2

I looooooove this album so much! Every track is so great, but Black Hole and If You Were Me are probably my favorites.

Rumors isn't a cover

Great album. If it was recorded by someone like Pink or Kelly Clarkson it would've been a huge hit at the time. It's no surprise Kelly's label tried to make her re-record some of the songs for her album.

My favourites are Black Hole, My Innocence, My Beautiful Life and If It's Alright. I also really like her cover of Edge of Seventeen.

The amount of taste in this thread :yaskween: 

9 hours ago, lanadelrey said:

Loooooooooove it

My faves are also Black Hole, I Live For The Day, My Innocence and If Its Alright

and then I have to add Edge of Seventeen... LOVE her cover

Love everything about this album, too bad she didnt film a video for I Live For The Day, which was suposed to be the 2nd single (promo cds were sent to radio stations)

Love the cover, the photoshoot, the album booklet with the handwritten lyrics

Loooooove the Confessions video

She had so much potential :yeah:

Her cover of Edge of Seventeen is amazing! One of my favorites too. Besides I Live for the Day i've read somewhere once that Fastlane was considered for a single at some point. Not sure if it's a legit info because i don't remember where i saw that. 

The booklet is one of my favorites ever, everything about it it's flawless.

8 hours ago, Dasher said:

If I'm being honest I've always stanned Lindsay since her album Speak and any movies she basically acted in. Over and her cover of Rumors were definite bops. 

From A Little More Personal Raw I actually enjoyed every track my favorite in particular was probably Black Hole. I remember being younger waiting for the music video for Confessions Of a Broken Heart all the time and would be so happy when it did. Lol 

Such a shame she didn't get very far and became a wreck. It would be so nice for her to get back and release a comeback album. 

Confessions of a Broken Heart hit me so hard when i heard it for the first time :fishie: A true masterpiece!

3 hours ago, Capsule said:

I looooooove this album so much! Every track is so great, but Black Hole and If You Were Me are probably my favorites.

Rumors isn't a cover

1 hour ago, coolaideonfire said:

Great album. If it was recorded by someone like Pink or Kelly Clarkson it would've been a huge hit at the time. It's no surprise Kelly's label tried to make her re-record some of the songs for her album.

My favourites are Black Hole, My Innocence, My Beautiful Life and If It's Alright. I also really like her cover of Edge of Seventeen.

Seems like Black Hole is a fan favorite :hail: I agree that if this album was released for another artist it would've been more successful indeed. Considering everything on it seems like it was too deep and people always had a vision of a shallow person when it comes to Lindsay so maybe that's the reason why no one paid attention for this.

Imagine a Kelly version of Black Hole tho :fishie: 

• Like 1

@Capsule for some reason I thought it was I was thinking of "My Prerogative" for some reason I thought there was another artist version of "Rumors" 

• Like 2

I agree.  Great album.  But then again, I have been a big fan of Lindsay Lohan for a long time.  I do love the Edge of Seventeen cover.  But my favorite song from this album is Fastlane.  I love the music and the lyrics are great. 

I hope you do not mind me adding to your great post.  Came across this link with some Lindsay music a while ago.  I am sure most of the Lindsay fans already have these, but maybe there are some new fans that do not have these:  This link also includes "A little more personal Raw" as well. 

You can also click on "Discografias" for a lot more music.

P.S.  For the Spanish speaking members.  There are a ton of PDF's if you click on "Drives Pela Web".

• Like 2

I was just listening again to this album this week! I love this album. Not as much as I used to tho. I feel like my taste of music has changed as I was growing up and understanding more English. I first listened to this album when I was in Middle School. I found this at my local Japanese public library and I rented with the album "Speak" for free :hottie: It was fun going to that library! They had so many CDs there.

On 10/01/2018 at 2:18 PM, nanapop99 said:

I love the single Confessions of a Broken Heart but I still think her first album is better! Nobody Til You, Over & Rumors >>>

Ages ago when i've heard both of her albums for the first time i thought the same, but now i barely listen to Speak. These three tracks you mentioned are my favorites of It tho, Nobody Til You is ICONIC

• YAAASSS 1

Surprisingly I've never actually listened to this album in full, but I'll have to get into it! :hail: 'Confessions' and the 'Edge of Seventeen' cover are both amazing so I have high expectations.  <3

If anyone is interested, I came across some old Lindsay Lohan Photo shoots.  Here is an example.  I would be happy to share them.  Just let me know if anyone wants them? This is just a small sample. 

Lindsay Lohan - Matthew Rolston Photoshoot 2004 x3

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Lindsay Lohan - James White Photoshoot 2004 x3

Lindsay Lohan - Danielle Levitt Photoshoot 2004 x10

Lindsay Lohan - Mike Ruiz Photoshoot 2004 x17

• YAAASSS 1