Jump to content

Kerli - Unreleased


naecos

Recommended Posts

Update on Last Breath: the Anjulie demo is registered on BMI with her, Jonas Jeberg and Busbee credited as songwriters. Kerli is nowhere on the credits. However, considering other repertoires also have the song registered with Kerli and Jeberg as writers, it's very likely that Anjulie originally wrote it for her album then it was passed to another singer (see below) and then it was given to Kerli, who reworked it for Utopia.

image.pngimage.png

Also, need to mention that Anjulie instrumental sound more close to the one used by Jasmine V. (Villegas) when she performed the song back to 2011, which also has different lyrics, so it's very likely that before Kerli it was given to Jasmine first, and not that Kerli gave it to Jasmine.

 

(She starts singing the song at 0:46)

Edited by ConnectedColor
Added songwriting credits of the song
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ConnectedColor said:

Last Breath [Demo by Anjulie]: https://dbree.org/v/1fc44b

 

22 minutes ago, ConnectedColor said:

Update on Last Breath: the Anjulie demo is registered on BMI with her, Jonas Jeberg and Busbee credited as songwriters. Kerli is nowhere on the credits. However, considering other repertoires also have the song registered with Kerli and Jeberg as writers, it's very likely that Anjulie originally wrote it for her album then it was passed to another singer (see below) and then it was given to Kerli, who reworked it for Utopia.

image.pngimage.png

Also, need to mention that Anjulie instrumental sound more close to the one used by Jasmine V. (Villegas) when she performed the song back to 2011, which also has different lyrics, so it's very likely that before Kerli it was given to Jasmine first, and not that Kerli gave it to Jasmine.

 

(She starts singing the song at 0:46)

Okay but first, Anjulie's version majorly SUCKS :cry: Kerli's is way better, and I'm thinking it is the final, or the most polished version of the song.

Now, your post makes a lot of sense to me!

Kerli must have songwriting credits because her version has completely different verses and melodies, so those definitely have to be hers. Considering Jonas Jeberg is the only co-writer of Kerli's version, I'm assuming Anjulie and Busbee worked mostly on the verses while the chorus + bridge + main elements of the production were contributions done mostly by Jeberg, and when they passed the song to Kerli, she really made changes to it.

Anyways, just another day in this world without Utopia (full album) in Kerli's official discography :yeah: I wonder if we'll ever manage to get Made for Loving You.

Edited by Moonchild
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ConnectedColor said:

Update on Last Breath: the Anjulie demo is registered on BMI with her, Jonas Jeberg and Busbee credited as songwriters. Kerli is nowhere on the credits. However, considering other repertoires also have the song registered with Kerli and Jeberg as writers, it's very likely that Anjulie originally wrote it for her album then it was passed to another singer (see below) and then it was given to Kerli, who reworked it for Utopia.

image.pngimage.png

Also, need to mention that Anjulie instrumental sound more close to the one used by Jasmine V. (Villegas) when she performed the song back to 2011, which also has different lyrics, so it's very likely that before Kerli it was given to Jasmine first, and not that Kerli gave it to Jasmine.

 

(She starts singing the song at 0:46)

This is a cool find! But basically what I'm hearing is...Kerli saved the song. lmfao tbh if I was that co-write, I'd be kinda bummed that after all that work, it still was left unreleased.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys I need your help. Can someone identify where is this from? I had it downloaded in my computer since like 2 months ago but I have literally no idea of what is it: https://onlyfiles.io/f/0af84ec365af499bb17b2bd5b52f51a4

I'm glad we got a studio acapella by her, but I never heard that song before. It was labelled as "One vox" but it clearly is not either of her two songs titled One (2012 and 2019).

yo if this is not a song yet I'll try to make it by myself :bop: it sounds amazing.

Edited by Moonchild
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Moonchild said:

Guys I need your help. Can someone identify where is this from? I had it downloaded in my computer since like 2 months ago but I have literally no idea of what is it: https://onlyfiles.io/f/0af84ec365af499bb17b2bd5b52f51a4

I'm glad we got a studio acapella by her, but I never heard that song before. It was labelled as "One vox" but it clearly is not either of her two songs titled One (2012 and 2019).

yo if this is not a song yet I'll try to make it by myself :bop: it sounds amazing.

Seems to be something new, i never heard it before and none of the lyrics match the unleaked titles. It seems that "One" is taken from the last line, which could mean Kerli probably has more than two "One" songs there.

It gives me Weapons of Mass Creation vibes, so it's very likely it was a session for that album or at least a session from Utopia.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ConnectedColor said:

Seems to be something new, i never heard it before and none of the lyrics match the unleaked titles. It seems that "One" is taken from the last line, which could mean Kerli probably has more than two "One" songs there.

It gives me Weapons of Mass Creation vibes, so it's very likely it was a session for that album or at least a session from Utopia.

I don't know, to me it feels from later dates. I think a safer bet would be 2015-17, but I'm not sure. However I'm excited, hopefully the full song will surface soon! EDIT: No, it's true. The vocal editing sounds fitting with that of the Weapons of Mass Creation era. Hope we get to know more of it soon!

Edited by Moonchild
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/4/2022 at 6:29 PM, Prince of the Dark said:

Guys I need your help. Can someone identify where is this from? I had it downloaded in my computer since like 2 months ago but I have literally no idea of what is it: https://onlyfiles.io/f/0af84ec365af499bb17b2bd5b52f51a4

I'm glad we got a studio acapella by her, but I never heard that song before. It was labelled as "One vox" but it clearly is not either of her two songs titled One (2012 and 2019).

yo if this is not a song yet I'll try to make it by myself :bop: it sounds amazing.

omg i can imagine the instrumental of it :yaskween:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

Honestly she has so much talent but she wastes it so much with so many bad songs. Utopia was not up to her standards, not even with the full album. All her eras except some songs were pretty awful and Shadow Works has like 6 good songs and then fillers.

Her BEST looking era was Roots and it's the only one we almost have no leaked songs from, lol at the irony. I was so looking forward to that one, It felt unique with a little fantasy touch on it. I honestly think she sounds way better in Feral Hearts or Something Beautiful than on Happy Pills, Bubblegum or those crappy songs.

She then takes so damn long between eras is frustrating to follow her. She could leak Roots for her fans while we wait, since that project belongs to her but she won't ever do It.

Edited by BlueBalls
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BlueBalls said:

Honestly she has so much talent but she wastes it so much with so many bad songs. Utopia was not up to her standards, not even with the full album. All her eras except some songs were pretty awful and Shadow Works has like 6 good songs and then fillers.

Her BEST looking era was Roots and it's the only one we almost have no leaked songs from, lol at the irony. I was so looking forward to that one, It felt unique with a little fantasy touch on it. I honestly think she sounds way better in Feral Hearts or Something Beautiful than on Happy Pills, Bubblegum or those crappy songs.

She then takes so damn long between eras is frustrating to follow her. She could leak Roots for her fans while we wait, since that project belongs to her but she won't ever do It.

Right? I wouldn't have minded if she dropped every song of those sessions as standalone singles, as long as we had everything. I know she had like 13 songs. Hope we eventually get the others too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/10/2022 at 5:01 PM, Ice Prince said:

Right? I wouldn't have minded if she dropped every song of those sessions as standalone singles, as long as we had everything. I know she had like 13 songs. Hope we eventually get the others too.

She has them ready, produced by her and maybe some friends. I don't get why she doesn't release it on iTunes at least, unless she wants to take the project again and release it in the future which I really really doubt.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Considering a few songs from the 2011-12 sessions have leaked relatively recently (Weapons of Mass Creation, Happy Pill), I wonder if Made for Loving You will ever surface. I remember reading ages ago that it was circulating, this should be the next leak and soon :yeah: it's been basically a whole DECADE since it was recorded and it was to be released almost 10 years ago. I think the time is now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...