Kerli - Unreleased

naecos

Update on Last Breath: the Anjulie demo is registered on BMI with her, Jonas Jeberg and Busbee credited as songwriters. Kerli is nowhere on the credits. However, considering other repertoires also have the song registered with Kerli and Jeberg as writers, it's very likely that Anjulie originally wrote it for her album then it was passed to another singer (see below) and then it was given to Kerli, who reworked it for Utopia.

image.pngimage.png

Also, need to mention that Anjulie instrumental sound more close to the one used by Jasmine V. (Villegas) when she performed the song back to 2011, which also has different lyrics, so it's very likely that before Kerli it was given to Jasmine first, and not that Kerli gave it to Jasmine.

(She starts singing the song at 0:46)

Edited by ConnectedColor
Added songwriting credits of the song

7 hours ago, ConnectedColor said:

Last Breath [Demo by Anjulie]: https://dbree.org/v/1fc44b

22 minutes ago, ConnectedColor said:

Update on Last Breath: the Anjulie demo is registered on BMI with her, Jonas Jeberg and Busbee credited as songwriters. Kerli is nowhere on the credits. However, considering other repertoires also have the song registered with Kerli and Jeberg as writers, it's very likely that Anjulie originally wrote it for her album then it was passed to another singer (see below) and then it was given to Kerli, who reworked it for Utopia.

image.pngimage.png

Also, need to mention that Anjulie instrumental sound more close to the one used by Jasmine V. (Villegas) when she performed the song back to 2011, which also has different lyrics, so it's very likely that before Kerli it was given to Jasmine first, and not that Kerli gave it to Jasmine.

Okay but first, Anjulie's version majorly SUCKS :cry: Kerli's is way better, and I'm thinking it is the final, or the most polished version of the song.

Now, your post makes a lot of sense to me!

Kerli must have songwriting credits because her version has completely different verses and melodies, so those definitely have to be hers. Considering Jonas Jeberg is the only co-writer of Kerli's version, I'm assuming Anjulie and Busbee worked mostly on the verses while the chorus + bridge + main elements of the production were contributions done mostly by Jeberg, and when they passed the song to Kerli, she really made changes to it.

Anyways, just another day in this world without Utopia (full album) in Kerli's official discography :yeah: I wonder if we'll ever manage to get Made for Loving You.

Edited by Moonchild
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ConnectedColor said:

image.pngimage.png

This is a cool find! But basically what I'm hearing is...Kerli saved the song. lmfao tbh if I was that co-write, I'd be kinda bummed that after all that work, it still was left unreleased.

• Like 2

Guys I need your help. Can someone identify where is this from? I had it downloaded in my computer since like 2 months ago but I have literally no idea of what is it: https://onlyfiles.io/f/0af84ec365af499bb17b2bd5b52f51a4

I'm glad we got a studio acapella by her, but I never heard that song before. It was labelled as "One vox" but it clearly is not either of her two songs titled One (2012 and 2019).

yo if this is not a song yet I'll try to make it by myself :bop: it sounds amazing.

Edited by Moonchild

3 hours ago, Moonchild said:

Guys I need your help. Can someone identify where is this from? I had it downloaded in my computer since like 2 months ago but I have literally no idea of what is it: https://onlyfiles.io/f/0af84ec365af499bb17b2bd5b52f51a4

I'm glad we got a studio acapella by her, but I never heard that song before. It was labelled as "One vox" but it clearly is not either of her two songs titled One (2012 and 2019).

yo if this is not a song yet I'll try to make it by myself :bop: it sounds amazing.

Seems to be something new, i never heard it before and none of the lyrics match the unleaked titles. It seems that "One" is taken from the last line, which could mean Kerli probably has more than two "One" songs there.

It gives me Weapons of Mass Creation vibes, so it's very likely it was a session for that album or at least a session from Utopia.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ConnectedColor said:

Seems to be something new, i never heard it before and none of the lyrics match the unleaked titles. It seems that "One" is taken from the last line, which could mean Kerli probably has more than two "One" songs there.

It gives me Weapons of Mass Creation vibes, so it's very likely it was a session for that album or at least a session from Utopia.

I don't know, to me it feels from later dates. I think a safer bet would be 2015-17, but I'm not sure. However I'm excited, hopefully the full song will surface soon! EDIT: No, it's true. The vocal editing sounds fitting with that of the Weapons of Mass Creation era. Hope we get to know more of it soon!

Edited by Moonchild

On 2/4/2022 at 6:29 PM, Prince of the Dark said:

omg i can imagine the instrumental of it :yaskween:

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Honestly she has so much talent but she wastes it so much with so many bad songs. Utopia was not up to her standards, not even with the full album. All her eras except some songs were pretty awful and Shadow Works has like 6 good songs and then fillers.

Her BEST looking era was Roots and it's the only one we almost have no leaked songs from, lol at the irony. I was so looking forward to that one, It felt unique with a little fantasy touch on it. I honestly think she sounds way better in Feral Hearts or Something Beautiful than on Happy Pills, Bubblegum or those crappy songs.

She then takes so damn long between eras is frustrating to follow her. She could leak Roots for her fans while we wait, since that project belongs to her but she won't ever do It.

Edited by BlueBalls
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, BlueBalls said:

Honestly she has so much talent but she wastes it so much with so many bad songs. Utopia was not up to her standards, not even with the full album. All her eras except some songs were pretty awful and Shadow Works has like 6 good songs and then fillers.

Her BEST looking era was Roots and it's the only one we almost have no leaked songs from, lol at the irony. I was so looking forward to that one, It felt unique with a little fantasy touch on it. I honestly think she sounds way better in Feral Hearts or Something Beautiful than on Happy Pills, Bubblegum or those crappy songs.

She then takes so damn long between eras is frustrating to follow her. She could leak Roots for her fans while we wait, since that project belongs to her but she won't ever do It.

Right? I wouldn't have minded if she dropped every song of those sessions as standalone singles, as long as we had everything. I know she had like 13 songs. Hope we eventually get the others too.

On 7/10/2022 at 5:01 PM, Ice Prince said:

Right? I wouldn't have minded if she dropped every song of those sessions as standalone singles, as long as we had everything. I know she had like 13 songs. Hope we eventually get the others too.

She has them ready, produced by her and maybe some friends. I don't get why she doesn't release it on iTunes at least, unless she wants to take the project again and release it in the future which I really really doubt.

• Like 1

Considering a few songs from the 2011-12 sessions have leaked relatively recently (Weapons of Mass Creation, Happy Pill), I wonder if Made for Loving You will ever surface. I remember reading ages ago that it was circulating, this should be the next leak and soon :yeah: it's been basically a whole DECADE since it was recorded and it was to be released almost 10 years ago. I think the time is now

• 3 months later...

Bringing back Kerli to death because, something i never saw anywere is that nobody has thought that Too Much is Never Enough could have been a Utopia outtake (I-Nimene era). It was written by Kerli, Lindy Robbins and Toby Gad, which also worked on Skyscraper and Inmmortal, which were also given to other artists but were intially intended for the album. (This also could mean Skyscraper and Immortal were written and recorded on 2009, or somehow in late 2008)

20 minutes ago, ConnectedColor said:

Bringing back Kerli to death because, something i never saw anywere is that nobody has thought that Too Much is Never Enough could have been a Utopia outtake (I-Nimene era). It was written by Kerli, Lindy Robbins and Toby Gad, which also worked on Skyscraper and Inmmortal, which were also given to other artists but were intially intended for the album. (This also could mean Skyscraper and Immortal were written and recorded on 2009, or somehow in late 2008)

I've included Too Much Is Never Enough in my I.Nimene album ever since I found her unreleased music lol. The truth is she worked on a second album in the span of 2009-2018.

2009-2010 - I.Nimene (kinda ballad driven, still some rock influences. Too Much Is Never Enough, Skyscraper, Immortal, Army of Angels, I'll Find You and others fit this description).

2010-2012 - Weapons of Mass Creation (the EDM inflicted record that preceded Utopia. Army of Love and all the weaponry-related songs belong here, plus probably Dollface, XO, etc.)

2012 - Utopia (the finalised album that was reduced into an EP when it leaked almost entirely in late 2012. Made for Loving You, track 8, remains unleaked to date)

2015-2017 - Roots (also known as Deepest Roots, was an album to be preceded by the singles Feral Hearts, Blossom and Diamond Hard, probably Spirit Animal would end up being included there too. The other songs from that album got registered sometime in 2018-2019. Only Something Beautiful has leaked so far).

2017-2018 - Shadow Works (the actual second album. in my mind, and apparently in Kerli's too, it would be the third as Utopia was fully completed).