Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

Guyss, I loved the new S.L.A.Y. version!!!!!! This is her best song to me, it’s just so good!!! Demo version is also gold, but I like the production on this one better. I miss hearing “it don’t matter what you’ve been told” though, I could really relate to that line. It’s fine though, since this is one of the best songs ever!! Love Bonnie so much, she’s the best <3 I really hope she releases this masterpiece 

Edited by Lucas M

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much for sharing!!! I love the new "This is our universe" lyric. The album finally feels complete and I finally feel like I have some damn closure and can get off this nearly 10-year-long rollercoaster. Since this is the "2020 version" I wonder if she's tweaked it further since? She was giving us her classic "polishing it up for u right now!" line a couple months ago (🙄).

Fingers crossed she does release this at some point so we can get it on streaming, but I'm seriously not holding my breath.

Now if we could just get the final/fixed version of IWFCY. :yaskween:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, zaynphallic said:

Thanks so much for sharing!!! I love the new "This is our universe" lyric. The album finally feels complete and I finally feel like I have some damn closure and can get off this nearly 10-year-long rollercoaster. Since this is the "2020 version" I wonder if she's tweaked it further since? She was giving us her classic "polishing it up for u right now!" line a couple months ago (🙄).

Fingers crossed she does release this at some point so we can get it on streaming, but I'm seriously not holding my breath.

Now if we could just get the final/fixed version of IWFCY. :yaskween:

i don't think she is releasing anything

• Like 1

I don't think she isn't releasing for a lack of trying. 

I mean, it must be so exhausting if you're fighting a losing legal battle, assuming that's what it is. It has to be. There is literally no other reason.

It's the "lying" (I'll use quotations because I don't think it's malicious or intentional) that's the problem... We are just so thirsty. Just be honest and stop teasing us if it can't happen soon. 😭

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Volcanion said:

I mean, it must be so exhausting if you're fighting a losing legal battle, assuming that's what it is. It has to be. There is literally no other reason.

It's the "lying" (I'll use quotations because I don't think it's malicious or intentional) that's the problem... We are just so thirsty. Just be honest and stop teasing us if it can't happen soon. 😭

This

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BonnieLeakz said:

IWFCY (final) won't leak for a while unfortunately. I do have it in my possession, but I don't have permission to leak it

Can you explain what this means? Why can you leak SLAY final but not IWFCY final? Not that I’m complaining, super grateful for you sharing this!

8 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

Can you explain what this means? Why can you leak SLAY final but not IWFCY final? Not that I’m complaining, super grateful for you sharing this!

Sometimes people want to leak, but they cannot. If you get a file under certain terms, it is best not to break those for fear of losing that source or garnering a bad reputation. It's always amazing to get to share files, and a lot of people want to, but it's not always just as simple as I got this file, so now I'm going to leak it. Depends on the situation though ig, but I've been in this situation before and thought this would help. 

• Like 2
  • YAAASSS 1

Welp,, the final mix of S.L.A.Y. AND in such a great quality at that, too???? THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing.

(Ngl though, not sure how I feel about the muffled vocals during the verses and the "this is our universe, feeling flier than fireworks" lmao I know the entire song is cheesy and camp, but this is pushing it into the Speed of Light "dancing with the dark side" territory 🤣).

I've officially given up on her releasing the album, btw. We're at the end of August--no single, no music video, no album, and perhaps most importantly crickets and zero communication from ha. I'm done.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Volcanion said:

I want to believe it's legal issues too, but she has a pattern of lying, and I think it's fair to assume after all these years that maybe she just was full of it, or in nicer words, bit off more than she could chew. It's starting to remind me of my dad atp, you don't wanna assume they are lying, but sometimes, they just are. 

1 minute ago, jamesmax said:

Join the discord BITCHES

That sounds like another SURPRISE! post coming soon :orly: 

18 minutes ago, Bambi101 said:

(Ngl though, not sure how I feel about the muffled vocals during the verses and the "this is our universe, feeling flier than fireworks" lmao I know the entire song is cheesy and camp, but this is pushing it into the Speed of Light "dancing with the dark side" territory 🤣).

Not you doing Speed of Light dirty like this, it's one of my favourite songs from the post-Bombastic era :yeah: 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BraveNewSeth said:

It would take too long to get into the technicalities of everything, but I'll make some shortened bullet points:

1. SLAY has been traded amongst a lot of people, which means it's value in the trading market has gone down. The more people who have it, the less rare it becomes, which means it's more likely to leak. The final version of IWFCY is very rare still. Not a lot of people have it, and if you want to get your hands on it you either need to know the right people or you're gonna pay a pretty penny.

2. The final version of SLAY really isn't that different from the demo version. Aside from the few lyrical changes and polished production, it's basically the same song. This isn't the case with the final version of IWFCY. The difference between the demo and final version of that song is night and day. It's practically a different song, which means even though the demo version has leaked, the final version still has marketability because it's so vastly revamped.

• Like 2

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)