Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)

Muri

Out of boredom and curiosity... IF we end up getting the album, how do you guys think it could look like (tracklist-wise)? Considering American Girl would end up excluded as 1) it was released 9 years ago and 2) she probably wouldn't have the rights to include it...

Stars in Your Heart and Sleepwalker were also already released so I don't see them in the album either.

Like, at this very moment I cannot picture another opening track (and title btw) except for American Girl.

+ we know S.L.A.Y., Forever 21, Electric Heaven, Hot City and I Wanna Fucking Call You would totally be there, right? Wild Card possibly too. And from the 2020 draft I don't think Jenny or Outlaw would make it tbh

I imagine something like this: 

1. S.L.A.Y.
  2. Forever 21
  3. Hot City
  4. Wild Card
  5. Jenny's Got a Boyfriend
  6. I Wanna Fucking Call You
  7. Electric Heaven
  8. Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt
  9. Rewind Your Heart
  10. Show Me Your Love (?)
Edited by Ice Prince
  • YAAASSS 1

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Ice Prince said:

Out of boredom and curiosity... IF we end up getting the album, how do you guys think it could look like (tracklist-wise)? Considering American Girl would end up excluded as 1) it was released 9 years ago and 2) she probably wouldn't have the rights to include it...

Stars in Your Heart and Sleepwalker were also already released so I don't see them in the album either.

Like, at this very moment I cannot picture another opening track (and title btw) except for American Girl.

+ we know S.L.A.Y., Forever 21, Electric Heaven, Hot City and I Wanna Fucking Call You would totally be there, right? Wild Card possibly too. And from the 2020 draft I don't think Jenny or Outlaw would make it tbh

I imagine something like this: (now I think about it, it should totally be titled Forever 21)

1. S.L.A.Y.
  2. Forever 21
  3. Hot City
  4. Wild Card
  7. Electric Heaven
  9. Rewind Your Heart

You do good work and you are an absolute legend and I do admire Bonnie greatly too but I don’t think a career re-launch with a title that pivots towards the one thing the music industry values in women (youth) and the one thing she is kissing goodbye to.. is such a wise choice.

Edited by Dax Diameter
  • Like 2

Just now, Dax Diameter said:

You do good work and you are an absolute legend and I do admire Bonnie greatly but I don’t think a career re-launch with a title that pivots towards the one thing the music industry values in women (youth) and the one thing she is kissing goodbye to.. is such a wise choice.

LOL you're completely right, I didn't even bother double checking that. And the worst thing is that it's been discussed before, I just didn't remember lol :tragic: 

• Like 2

IF she releases the album (and let's get real, that's a BIG IF) I actually think it would be really smart of her to title it "American Girl" (even though the song itself obviously won't be on the album). It's the song she's best known for, so if people look up "Bonnie McKee American Girl" on Spotify at least the album would come up alongside the single. Plus, she talked about this project "closing that chapter" so I think it would make sense from that perspective.

As far as a tracklist goes, on one of the recent podcasts didn't she say there would be a couple songs that no one's heard before? Am I making that up? Lol. I know that this was the mid-2020 draft (not necessarily in this order):

S.L.A.Y.
Forever 21 
Outlaw 
Electric Heaven 
Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt 
Wild Card 
Rewind Your Heart 
Jenny's Got a Boyfriend
Show Me Your Love
Worst in Me

But seeing how much Bonnie flip-flops and second guesses herself, I'm sure this has changed over the past 2 years. I think it's safe to say "I Wanna Fucking Call You" will be included based on the fact that some people here have a brand new completely re-produced version of it.

We'll probably never know. :cackle:

Edited by zaynphallic
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, zaynphallic said:

IF she releases the album (and let's get real, that's a BIG IF) I actually think it would be really smart of her to title it "American Girl" (even though the song itself obviously won't be on the album). It's the song she's best known for, so if people look up "Bonnie McKee American Girl" on Spotify at least the album would come up alongside the single. Plus, she talked about this project "closing that chapter" so I think it would make sense from that perspective.

As far as a tracklist goes, on one of the recent podcasts didn't she say there would be a couple songs that no one's heard before? Am I making that up? Lol. I know that this was the mid-2020 draft (not necessarily in this order):

S.L.A.Y.
Forever 21 
Outlaw 
Electric Heaven 
Somebody's Gonna Get Hurt 
Wild Card 
Rewind Your Heart 
Jenny's Got a Boyfriend
Show Me Your Love
Worst in Me

But seeing how much Bonnie flip-flops and second guesses herself, I'm sure this has changed over the past 2 years. I think it's safe to say "I Wanna Fucking Call You" will be included based on the fact that some people here have a brand new completely re-produced version of it.

We'll probably never know. :cackle:

No no I think you're right. I kinda remember that as well. Back then Wild Card was unleaked, and I remember thinking that and Show Me Your Love would be the two previously-unheard songs. Bonnie girl, sorry to break it to you but now it will be only 1! :cackle: 

• Shook 1
  • LMAO 1

3 hours ago, Ice Prince said:

I imagine something like this: 

1. S.L.A.Y.
  2. Forever 21
  3. Hot City
  4. Wild Card
  7. Electric Heaven
  9. Rewind Your Heart

here's what she confirmed on tiktok:

s.l.a.y., forever 21, hot city, iwfcy, electric heaven (re-worked. i imagine because the person who she based her tracklist on didn't like it and told her not to include it.), rewind your heart 

-

everything but you was a part of the vault video. the vhs titled 'somebody' may be somebody's gonna get hurt, but she also has a video for her song just titled 'somebody,' so. neither was confirmed directly, but they're likely. 

-

wild card was played in her short film. it's likely, but i'm not sure how likely because modern girl was played in insatiable and she said it was a one-off. i guess the situation is different, but they're similar, and it's the same sentiment. maybe she will release it as a single or something if it's not included.

-

show me your love is likely. it's stayed across all drafts (whiteboard, 2020 draft). most importantly, it has not leaked so it is the only thing from that era keeping her afloat aside from potentially unleaked material. 

-

outlaw or worst in me probably, i've heard they're practically the same song but i've only heard outlaw. maybe both, you can't really predict but both were on the 2020 draft so. 

Edited by izzzyyy
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Ice Prince said:

No no I think you're right. I kinda remember that as well. Back then Wild Card was unleaked, and I remember thinking that and Show Me Your Love would be the two previously-unheard songs. Bonnie girl, sorry to break it to you but now it will be only 1! :cackle: 

On her TikTok she said she was including new songs, so I assume ones she made recently or after Epic. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zaynphallic said:

That's actually a really good idea. Good for marketing and attention-grabbing. People will think there's an album behind it. Even when she's promoting it on TikTok, if she states the album is called "American Girl" ppl will be inclined to check it out. (Since like half of her comments are about how she has her own hit, 'American Girl.')

Edited by izzzyyy
  • Like 2

my gosh i just really love Hey Alligator, this rough version is so good to! her vocals and rough guitar just makes it sound so personal

SLAY 2020 is a BOP ive had it on repeat, i love how polished it is with the new lyrics and it sounds more energetic! i wish the vocals weren't muffled in the verses, does anyone have the 2014 1999 version? i wonder what that one sounds like

Rubberband and RIP are BOPS!

Bonnie sounds so good on that bass guitar on Finish Line and the lyrics are so colorful and fun!

• Like 1

• Cypher changed the title to Bonnie McKee - Hot City (aka Epic Album)