Introducing PHF Apprentice!

Tyra Banks

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all again for participating in PHF Apprentice! As per usual, this task will be complete at the end of Friday the 5th of February, Los Angeles time. Please view the counter below to know when your completed submission must be entered by.

By this time, please have posted in your war room the name of your team leader, and some information on how you brought in your new members. As Doomsday Squad has chosen not to use their war room for this task, this information will be especially important for them. We will then collate this information with how many new users your team brought in and announce the winner shortly after!

Good luck to everyone involved!

Thank you to both teams for submitting your tasks successfully! We have looked over the results of this task and are happy to announce that we are very impressed by the efforts of both teams, who both brought in a great number of new users to the website. As always though, there can only be one winner. Please read on to find out feedback given to both teams and to see who was ultimately successful!

Teenage Rebellion

Spoiler

Teenage Rebellion did a great job in this task and ended up bringing in nine new members in total! While their number of members referred was smaller than Doomsday Squad, the amount of guests who visited the site because of their referral link was substantially higher at 112 new guests, even if these guest visits did not translate into actual registrations. Their promotional plan outlined in their war room was cohesive and consistent, and seemed like a smart and professional way to get new members to register. However, in practise this tactic seemed somewhat spammy and did not seem to be executed very widely, with only a couple of links posted by the team leader @Mona Lisa in their war room and most team members not participating.

Doomdsay Squad

Spoiler

Doomsday Squad also did great work this week, bringing in thirteen new members to PHF! While they had less guests visit because of their referral link, most of the people who did visit signed up which suggests that the advertising they did was more persuasive than Teenage Rebellion's. Although there promotional plan was not as professional or easy to execute as Teenage Rebellion's, it seems like they had a lot of fun with it and judging by the users that signed up I would say it was quite successful! It also seemed that there was more of a team spirit executed in this group thanks to team leader @BITCH.

While I did take into consideration statistics and promotional outlines, the final decision was ultimately mine. With all pros and cons taken into consideration, I have decided that the winner will be...

Hide contents

Doomsday Squad, and @BITCH!

Congratulations Doomsday Squad! Even though Teenage Rebellion had a great promotional plan put forward, a lack of team participation meant that it was not executed as well as it could have been. This ultimately meant that Doomsday Squad ended up with many more referrals, which at the end of the day was what this task was all about! The fact that they seemed to bond while participating in this task made the win even sweeter. As a result of your win, you will be free from elimination this week. I will be in touch with @BITCH personally regarding a prize. Great work!

As a result of their loss, we will have to ask that the team leader of Teenage Rebellion @Mona Lisa nominates two of their fellow teammates who they believe should be eliminated instead of them in this thread, and request that they provide reasons for their nominations. Teammates nominated will also be able to provide reasons in this thread as to why they think they should stay, and who should be eliminated instead of them. These three nominees for elimination will have until midnight on Sunday to discuss who they think they should be eliminated amongst themselves - see the timer below for reference. We will provide you with the name of the person eliminated by Sunday night.

@Countess, thank you for your feedback but I don't believe I should be eliminated. As you yourself said I was the main one to participate in this task and did most, if not all of the work without any help from my team, I think the war room has receipts to prove that

The first person I must nominate will be @GodlyAndSlayJ, even though they said they had an idea for the task they never PMed me like they said they would which I think shows bad team spirit and that they arent committed to the task. @Countess you can check my PMs to verify, I have to say this is the person I would must say I would want to get out because they did nothing with no reason.

The second person I would nominate would be @Dayfid but only because we have to nominate two. Dayfid said they were going through some personal issues last week which I think must have continued this week so I understand why they wouldn't participate. Even though theyve done less work than Godly overall I think they have a good excuse for it so I won't criticise them

Task 3:

Spoiler

Welcome back to PHF Apprentice, and congratulations to all of our contestants who have managed to stay in the game this long! We hope you're enjoying your tasks so far.

While last week's game was based on promotional plans and driving traffic to the site, this task will be the first true design-based task the teams will face. Teams will be asked to submit one design each for a t-shirt that will be uploaded to the PHF store for purchase by shoppers all around the world.

Our store is a huge part of our brand and our most revenue raising venture yet, raising hundreds of dollars over the years it's been up to put towards hosting fees. This means we take it very seriously and only want the highest quality work to go up there! As you can see from our store, there is no particular theme to our items - rather, we aim to celebrate everything pop culture, so there's not too much that's off limits. However, due to copyright reasons you will not be able to submit designs with images that are directly taken from copyrighted material and not edited significantly. There are also certain specifications that must be met by RedBubble in order for t-shirt designs to be uploaded. Images must be saved at at least 3200 (height) x 2400 (width) as a .png file. Along with your t-shirt, please provide a short description of the work to post on RedBubble, explaining why you decided to use this particular design, it's target audience, and how you think the shirt relates to PHF.

As per usual, we will require a team leader and one team member from the losing team will be eliminated at the end of this week. Instead of receiving an unleaked song snippet, the winner of this task will receive a t-shirt of their choice from the PHF store, in their choice of size, colour and style. Good luck!

Archived