Introducing PHF Apprentice!

Tyra Banks

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Teams, thank you for your patience while we confer with @Kevinn Edu as to who is the most deserving winner of this task! It's been a tough decision as we thought that both teams had some great ideas and some not so great ideas, but we've finally come to a decision. The winner of this task is...

Spoiler

Teenage Rebellion, and @Neon!

Congratulations Teenage Rebellion! As per usual, @Kevinn Edu and I both agreed that your designs were on point and definitely very professional looking. We love that you also took the time to promote not only Kevin himself, but also the PHF record label, on your cover. Kevin also mentioned that he loved your release strategy, which did a great job of taking something small and turning it potentially viral. We will be in touch with @Neon regarding their prize personally. Amazing job!

Doomsday Squad, you also did a great job on this task. I personally loved your innovative release strategy and Kevin mentioned that your music video concept was the better of the two, and adhered to the task guidelines more closely. However, there can unfortunately be only one winner, and your album artwork, as well as the lack of participation from @trayertrash (who was understandably out of town this week) let you down in this task.

However...there is something of a twist. Despite their great work in the task this week, @Mona Lisa has already been eliminated.

In fact, they were eliminated two weeks ago following the site downtime, but messaged me to ask whether they could stay on shortly after I made the announcement. I agreed that they could pretend to stay in the competition as a spy of sorts to give me insider information on how the two teams work, which they have done with me over PM. As someone who has been a team member on both teams, @Mona Lisa has the insider tea on each and every member and will make a post shortly to give their opinions on who should ultimately win PHF Apprentice in the last task next week.

As such, @Mona Lisa will now officially leave the game and eliminations will not be held this week. Instead, during the last task of the competition, all three contestants will form their own singular team and battle it out to the finish in order to find PHF's next mod! Let's hope you've been a good girl, because @Mona Lisa has been watching the entire time.

Thanks for playing, and stay tuned for the final task, and @Mona Lisa's opinions, coming soon!

Thanks @Donald Trump ;) Let's get down to business so we can decide the winner!

First of all, @trayertrash is a sweetheart and one of my favourite members since I first joined the site. She's been here for ages, knows the most members and seems fair and kind. I won't forget all the kind PMs she's sent me over the years. Although, I do think she's been a bit unreliable in her work in this competition, she got annoyed with her other members for not showing up to a task but then she did the same thing to me this week. She didn't even send me a message for why she couldn't participate so I had to hear it from @Countess and then rush to get my task in on time :stretcher: But other than that I love her <3 

Second, @Neon. They seem very nice but really outside of this game I haven't had any interaction with them. I think they joined at the same time as a lot of other new members and just kind of got lost in the crowd because I can't say any specific thing about them or their personality. However, they've done a great job in this game and seem to be a good leader and very reliable. I like what I see so far :) 

Lastly, @RadiantEdits. I love this girl and her graphics are great. She's sweet and I think she brings a fun and sassy energy to the site. BUT, I don't know if she has what it takes to be a moderator. In the same way as she's fun and sassy, she can be kind of messy and unprofessional in some ways. I don't know if she has the maturity to be looking after an entire site, even though I love her as a normal member.

We're sorry about the delay while we get this task up and running! We were told last week that @trayertrash would be out of town due to a personal crisis, and with so few players left in the game we didn't want to continue without her. She's still not able to access PHF, but I told her I would Facebook message her this task so that she can still stay in the game. Thank you for your patience while we sort it out!

Final Task:

Spoiler

The seventh task is a fusion of everything that players have worked towards up until this point. Our last few tasks have been geared towards the PHF record label and releasing the first single from the label. Now, we are aiming to release our first official #PopHatesFlops compilation EP from the record label, as a follow up to 2014's #PopHatesFags EP!

The PHF EP has been in planning stages for the last few months, and now we're finally ready to polish it up and release it for the world to hear! That said, we'll need your help to make it a reality. For this task, you'll need to submit:

1. A concept behind the EP that can be used for artists to base their songs on.
  2. An album cover mock up that can be used for the final project.
  3. A press release for the EP that can be sent to blogs and other music outlets for promotion.
  4. A promotional strategy for the EP that will detail how we will use social media and events to promote the EP.

As was mentioned last week, all players will be working on their own in this task. However, we encourage you to make use of the other forum members and past contestants as assistants on this task! If you're not the best designer, ask someone else; if you're not the best at writing, seek assistance. As per usual, this task will be due at midnight on Friday, LA time, which means you have a few extra days than you normally would. The winner of this task will be crowned the winner of PHF Apprentice, will receive mod status, will be able to give input into the future of PHF, and will receive other perks such as the ability to change the colour of their name!

I'd also like to take this time to say congratulations to all of our contestants for making it this far! It's been such a pleasure getting to know each of you and I hope you're enjoying the game. I would love to work with each and every one of you as a moderator!

Good luck!

Artwork:

17mPnKn.png

Background: For the artwork I wanted to create a celebration type of atmosphere to celebrate the release of new EP on the PopHatesFlops Label. I Tried to make accomplish that with a colorful and clean design. 

Press Release: 

PopHatesFlops is here with their newest music release!

The new upcoming EP is the first official Compilation EP from the PopHatesFlops Label, The EP will serve as a follow up to the innovative 2014 #PopHatesFags EP.

The Previous EP features talented users Matilda Mantis, Chris Carbo, Psyduck, and Jimmy Gnecco showcasing their unique tracks, and styles. The tracks were very reflective on the diversity of PopHatesFlops members. 

The new compilation EP will feature PopHatesFlops very own members such as Kevinn Edu, Matilda Mantis, PopHatesFlops Head Bitch Countess, and Cinemaindie! with many tracks to share, each of the artists will showcase their talents. The EP will be released this summer on July 8th!  GET READY.

The Concept of the upcoming #PopHatesFlops EP is 'All Things Pop Culture.' 
The Artists featured will take inspiration from their favorite flops, entertainment news, controversial events, etc. and will utilize them into the music, but also use their own creativity to make it fresh and different.

OFFICIAL WEBSITE - pophatesflops.com
TWITTER - Twitter.com/PopHatesFlops
TUMBLR - Pophatesflops.tumblr.com
RADIO SHOW - Mixlr.com/pophatesflops

EP Concept:  The Concept #PopHatesFlops Artists will use on the EP is 'All Things Pop Culture.'

They can take inspiration from their favorite flops, entertainment news, controversial events, etc.

They can use all of these Topics to put in the music featured on the EP, but also bring in their own individual creativity to make it sound unique.

Release Strategy: The upcoming #PopHatesFlops EP will be promoted on Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram etc. Basically any and EVERY social media site to get the news out there to the public.

We will also premiere new tracks on the PopHatesFlops Radio show counting down to the EP's release in July. Another event we will have is contests online in which Fans will win prizes such as Demo Versions, Acoustic Versions or

Exclusive Tracks from the artists featured on the EP. Counting down to the release we will release a Video Countdown Series on the official PHF's YouTube Page. The videos will be short clips of the artists on the new EP basically

introducing themselves and giving insight on their sound and music.  

After the release PopHatesFlops will host a livestream where the artists featured on the Compilation can connect and perform live music, answer fan questions, and chat about the EP. 

Note:

Spoiler

I Worked Really Hard On This By Myself and Completed It In Only a Few Hours.

Unfortunately I Didn't have the week to work on this Task, since I was out of town all last week and couldn't do anything. 

All In All It's Been Fun, I Really Hope I Win! :magic:

Archived