Introducing PHF Apprentice!

Tyra Banks

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

The countdown goes into reverse after the time passes. If you look, the text changes from "Time until event starts" to "Time since event started". ;) 

We hope you've enjoyed making this task as much as we enjoyed watching the process! Due to assumed complications in one team, the winner for this round was very clear. The winner is...

Hide contents

Doomsday Squad, and @trayertrash!

Congratulations Doomsday Squad! While it seems as though none of your team members see design as a particular strength of theirs, we loved how much effort you put into your work and the fun concepts you came up with. We love that you went for simple, strong designs rather than excessive manipulations or editing and thought that your strong knowledge of pop culture shone through in your work and would definitely appeal to specific fanbases. The pop art, Andy Warhol design was a classic and was executed great, while the Beyoncé inspired design was creatively done and really thought outside the box. As a result of your win, you will be free from elimination this week. I will be in touch with @trayertrash personally regarding a prize. Great work!

On the other hand, Teenage Rebellion and @RadiantEdits did not submit any work despite having a well-known designer on their team. This means that they are automatically up for elimination. As a result of their loss all team members from Teenage Rebellion will be up for elimination. Teammates nominated will be asked to provide reasons in this thread as to why they think they should stay, and who should be eliminated instead of them. These three nominees for elimination will have until midnight on Sunday to discuss who they think they should be eliminated amongst themselves - see the timer below for reference. We will provide you with the name of the person eliminated by Sunday night. 

Congrats @trayertrash ! You worked really hard on the edits and they turned out amazing <3 my favorite is the azealia one

yaaas go team for another W

51 minutes ago, RadiantEdits said:

WTF :shocked: I Had no Idea this was due today, it says we have 17 hours left :cypher:

It's always been due Friday and @Donald Trump was nice enough to extend it to at midnight L.A. time - which is why our team posted our task yesterday.  :mo:

1 minute ago, trayertrash said:

It's always been due Friday and @Donald Trump was nice enough to extend it to at midnight L.A. time - which is why our team posted our task yesterday.  :mo:

Thank hun <3 Now let me decide which shirt I want ;)

4 hours ago, RadiantEdits said:

WTF :shocked: I Had no Idea this was due today, it says we have 17 hours left :cypher:

TBY5Oq7.gif

The schedule has always been that on Friday we receive and judge the results, and then Saturday and Sunday we organise prizes and choose who is getting fired. The countdown has always been on LA time as I said in the first week, and when you made your post it wasn't Friday anywhere in the world. :P I even purposefully left it an extra twenty four hours before posting so that if you wanted to submit it late you could. As I said, the countdown reverses after it is finished. For the past twenty one hours, it has said 'Time since event started'.

Well obviously I don't think I should be fired. I think that the blame for this task falls completely on Radiant, their the ones who took on the role of team leader and didn't deliver. And when I asked them if they needed help they said no so I don't think i can be blamed when I'm just doing what my leader wants. On the other hand dayside hasn't been active for like weeks so he should probably go over radiant.

59 minutes ago, Mona Lisa said:

Well obviously I don't think I should be fired. I think that the blame for this task falls completely on Radiant, their the ones who took on the role of team leader and didn't deliver. And when I asked them if they needed help they said no so I don't think i can be blamed when I'm just doing what my leader wants. On the other hand dayside hasn't been active for like weeks so he should probably go over radiant.

I Didn't deliver because I Didn't know it was due :/ but I Completely agree that Dayfid should go. The Only Win we had was because of my work, let us not forget that o:-)

Things happen, I still believe in our team and hope me and @Mona Lisa could do better in the next task! :P <3 if we make it there

This week's elimination choice has been the toughest decision yet, largely because it seems that the fault for the loss lies on all of the team members in Teenage Rebellion. On the one hand, @Dayfid has been very inactive since day one, although judging from private messages they've sent me they seem to have a good excuse for this. @RadiantEdits was the team leader for this task which really puts them in the firing line, especially given that judging by the thread they refused help from @Mona Lisa who might have been able to tell them the submission date otherwise. But on the other hand, @Mona Lisa has admitted that they are not a designer and wouldn't have contributed anything anyway. Ultimately, however, I've come to the decision that the eliminated player will be...

Spoiler

@Dayfid

Unfortunately, although we love Dayfid as a person and as a player, it seems that the timing was off for their participation in PHF Apprentice. We hope they will consider signing up again for season two!

Players, please say your goodbyes and stay tuned for the next task in the upcoming few hours!

Task 4:

Hide contents

Welcome back to PHF Apprentice! Things are getting heated here on the show, and with only six contestants left players will have to work harder than ever to ensure their team gets the victory for the week.

This time around, your team will be asked to write three unique articles for the PHF news section. One of these articles must be a news piece about current pop culture events, one must be an opinion piece on a certain subject or topic you find interesting, and one can be your choice of either a New Music Monday piece about your favourite new artist, or a Throwback Thursday piece about a relevant pop culture happening that you want to re-examine.

Our News section is our main way to bring new members in, as it is easily sharable on social media and can be found easily on Google. Keeping this in mind, try to focus on pieces which have either a unique point of view or are about a unique subject so that people searching for information can only find it on PHF! Each piece must be at least 300 words long and must be accompanied by a title, an image to be seen on the front page, and the text itself, along with any other media you may wish to include. When you have completed your task, please post each news piece as a new topic in the Entertainment News section so I can turn it into an article! 

As per usual, we will require a team leader and one team member will be eliminated at the end of this week. To shake things up, this task will be voted on by the public over the two day period of voting, and you may vote for your own team. However, while the public will vote for which team wins, the decision about which member will leave will be up to me. As such, please try and avoid using PM's as much as possible and post in your war rooms so I can make my judgement more easily. As a result of @Dayfid's elimination, @Neon has been moved to the Teenage Rebellion team to even up numbers. The task will be due at midnight on Friday, Los Angeles time.

The winner of this task will recieve one unreleased song snippet from a selection of five artists - Kylie Minogue, Neon Hitch, Sia or Kerli. They may do whatever they wish to with this snippet without repurcussion or judgement. The snippet will be longer than the first one we gave out, and if you have already received one from that artist you will get a different section of the song for your second snippet.

Good luck!

15 hours ago, trayertrash said:

@Countess @Donald Trump what would be the best size image to use? 

For news articles, aim for around 250 width by 200 height. For anything else, aim for around 450 width by 200 height. But you can use a different image in the actual article than the one that's used as the front page image. ;) 

The countdown has started!

Thank you to both teams for successfully completing your tasks! We have been so impressed with the high quality of these submissions and I'm secretly glad I don't have to choose the winner all by myself because I honestly think both teams did amazing jobs.

Viewers, please use the poll on this page to decide on which team you'd like to win this round! Contestants may also vote, and may vote for themselves if they desire. You have two days to decide, at which point I will look at the result, and, using information I glean from the war rooms, will decide who goes home for the week and who stays.

Good luck to both teams!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your patience while PHF Apprentice has taken an unexpected mid-season hiatus! :magic:  While the site was up and down, I didn't want to announce any results or give you guys the next task in case anything got lost in the move, but now that everything's stable again I thought it would be a good time to move forward!

In the last episode, we collected votes from the public to determine who would win task four of the game. And as many of you have probably realised, the winners of this round were...

Spoiler

Doomsday Squad, and @BITCH!

Congratulations Doomsday Squad! Your creative storytelling and interesting opinions allowed you to win with exactly 60% of the forum votes. We loved all of your articles, and especially liked how much consideration you paid to our criteria involving Google search terms and coming up with unusual topics for niche views! We will be in touch with @BITCH personally to discuss your prize. Amazing work!

Teenage Rebellion: It was a close game but unfortunately you lost the round with only 40% of the votes, despite attention grabbing and discussion starting articles. While we were also impressed with all of your writing, unfortunately there can only be one winner and the public has decided that your work in this round of the competition was not as good as Doomdsay Squad's. As was said in the criteria for this week, we were planning to not have any discussion of who will be eliminated this week, with myself and only myself determining who will go based on your activity in the war room.

However...

Due to the unexpected downtime last week and the confusion over what was happening with the website, as well as the high level of competence and talent at this point in the game, we have decided that there will be no elimination this week. Instead, the losing team for next week will face a double elimination.

Teenage Rebellion, you were lucky this time. Learn from this and make sure you do better next week!

Doomsday Squad, don't get cocky. It could be your heads on the chopping block next time!

Teams, please look out for your next task which will be up by tomorrow! Due to the downtime messing with our schedule, you will receive more than the typical five days to complete your next task, so make sure you go above and beyond for your next task!

Stay tuned!

Fifth Task:

Spoiler

Welcome back to PHF Apprentice! As we are left with more and more talented players and our competition gets more and more selective, we're returning from out hiatus with a brand new task for our teams to prove themselves with. We'll be expecting more than ever with this task, so dress to impress and let's get started!

Ever since the website first started, we have joked everytime one of our flops got dropped that we should start an official PHF record label to house all of our favourite Z-list stars. Well our dream is about to become a reality with the first upcoming release on the new #PopHatesFlops record label!

To promote our new venture, we will be hosting a virtual event one day over the next few months to celebrate everything PHF and unite the community as a whole. Your task for this week will be to plan and set up this event, and the winning team will see their planned event come to fruition!

Your chosen event may take any form, but it should be predominantly digitally-based. There can be real-world aspects to the event as well, but the majority of the event must be able to be accessed from a computer or smartphone. In the past, our events have included online radio shows, magazine launches, group chats, leak parties, and album listening sessions, so you may choose to roll with one of those ideas or expand on them to create something entirely new. You have a $50 budget to spend on this event.

To complete this task successfully, please provide us with an outline of the event which will include what it aims to achieve and step-by-step instructions on how this will be executed. You must also include a poster advertising the event that we will be able to use to promote it, and any other information you may think is relevant.

As per usual, we will require a team leader and all material must be handed in by midnight on Friday, LA time. As mentioned in the last post, this week will consist of a double elimination, meaning that team members will fight for their right to stay before two will be asked to leave. The prize this week will consist of a $25 Amazon gift card that you may use on anything you'd like! Good luck!

Archived