17 hours ago, Shadelena said:

that is so good but she keeps all the serves for herself now

I think she's a little more serious and a little less sexy than Selena so I don't think there would be too much overlap with the songs she writes for herself and the songs she writes for Selena. I think they work well together so I'm still here for their collabs!

• YAAASSS 1

On 7/2/2023 at 7:16 PM, Shadelena said:

She's great but she needs to move on and get in touch with new people. Julia in rare (Fun) was too much her sound and did not benefit Selena at all

Even though I borderline disagree, I like the way you worded that. Sounded very idk professional. You do have a point. 'Fun' is a cute song IMO, but it did kind of seem like an outlier compared to the rest of the tracks on 'Rare'. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Kesha Slays said:

Even though I borderline disagree, I like the way you worded that. Sounded very idk professional. You do have a point. 'Fun' is a cute song IMO, but it did kind of seem like an outlier compared to the rest of the tracks on 'Rare'. 

Just like Issues was originally for Selena and sounded so much like her song . Exactly she needs to get out of her comfort zone like she did with Revelación. The new tracks are fire, don't get me wrong, but I was hoping for a bigger change of team

1 hour ago, Shadelena said:

Just like Issues was originally for Selena and sounded so much like her song . Exactly she needs to get out of her comfort zone like she did with Revelación. The new tracks are fire, don't get me wrong, but I was hoping for a bigger change of team

what is the sound? just normal pop like Rare?

Was Issues explicitly written for Selena? I remember Charli did a version too so I thought it was just being shopped around to anyone

Issues was not written for Selena, but I appreciate the comedy show midway through the week :cackle:

• Shook 1

14 hours ago, T2P said:

what is the sound? just normal pop like Rare?

More like Dance pop with some 90s , all fun songs mid-tempo it's the most ""sad""

13 hours ago, Leaving said:

Was Issues explicitly written for Selena? I remember Charli did a version too so I thought it was just being shopped around to anyone

13 hours ago, Cypher said:

Issues was not written for Selena, but I appreciate the comedy show midway through the week :cackle:

Selena literally recorded a version of the song for the scrapped Revival Re-release lmfao :cackle:

3 hours ago, Shadelena said:

Selena literally recorded a version of the song for the scrapped Revival Re-release lmfao :cackle:

Maybe it's your misunderstanding of semantics, but just because someone records a song, does not mean it was "written for" them. Julia has gone on record to say that "Anxiety" was written, Selena heard it, and then wanted to jump on it. So by the same logic, the song wasn't "written for Selena."

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cypher said:

Maybe it's your misunderstanding of semantics, but just because someone records a song, does not mean it was "written for" them. Julia has gone on record to say that "Anxiety" was written, Selena heard it, and then wanted to jump on it. So by the same logic, the song wasn't "written for Selena."

Anxiety sonically makes sense for Julia's project. Issues sonically makes sense to revival and also the crew who produced and wrote the song worked with Selena for Revival writing camp

There's another scrapped Julia Selena collab called It Gets Better which leads to a more "dark" pop sound

Edited by Shadelena
  • Shook 1