1 hour ago, Shadelena said:

There's another scrapped Julia Selena collab called It Gets Better which leads to a more "dark" pop sound

One of which we'll never get to hear considering people be vaulting Selena's unreleased left and right.... 

Plus the horrid snippet of 'It Gets Better' (if we can even call it that) doesn't help either. I literally can't understand a single lyric over the loud a** tag/watermark. 

• YAAASSS 1

3 hours ago, Kesha Slays said:

One of which we'll never get to hear considering people be vaulting Selena's unreleased left and right.... 

Plus the horrid snippet of 'It Gets Better' (if we can even call it that) doesn't help either. I literally can't understand a single lyric over the loud a** tag/watermark. 

I would love to hear her explore more of the droplet/collab era. "Back to You", "Bad Liar", "Fetish", "It Ain't Me", and "Wolves" were all stellar. I loved the majority of Rare, esp those Deluxe tracks, but I would also welcome a slightly left-veering sound.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cypher said:

I would love to hear her explore more of the droplet/collab era. "Back to You", "Bad Liar", "Fetish", "It Ain't Me", and "Wolves" were all stellar. I loved the majority of Rare, esp those Deluxe tracks, but I would also welcome a slightly left-veering sound.

I just want new music. Idc if it's R&B, Spanish, EDM, whatever genre she does, I'm here for it. I just am very impatient as of lately. I don't want to wait months and months (more like years and years) in between releases. 

I thought we'd be getting some unreleased bops to tie us over until she actually does release something, but alas no. 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

On 7/8/2023 at 5:48 PM, Kesha Slays said:

I just want new music. Idc if it's R&B, Spanish, EDM, whatever genre she does, I'm here for it. I just am very impatient as of lately. I don't want to wait months and months (more like years and years) in between releases. 

I thought we'd be getting some unreleased bops to tie us over until she actually does release something, but alas no. 

On 7/8/2023 at 4:27 PM, Cypher said:

If y'all like Dua, Ava Max and early Britney you will like this album

• Like 1

On 7/8/2023 at 3:27 PM, Cypher said:

The droplets were excellent and so fresh-sounding, despite being of-the-times. I wish more of that had been given to us.

• Like 3
  • YAAASSS 1

1 hour ago, Kesha Slays said:

I mean is the 19 yo twink wrong? 😂🤣

Yes. Music trends continually evolve. Whilst there is always going to be a way to do maximalist pop, this type of production style in 2024 would make Selena a laughing stock.

Its okay to feel nostalgic for certain moments from pop culture’s past but it’s not a place you want to linger.

It’s always going to be frustrating for Selena that she looks way younger than she actually is. Few people actually respect her as a musician or what she’s got to offer as a result.

I’m pretty sure this is what necessitated her left of centre edge, that first came to the foreground to thrive during the “Revival” era.

All I will say is, I’d be very surprised if Selena regressed to a sonic style with commonality to either her (or anyone else’s) Disney past.

Edited by Dax Diameter

21 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

This comes across as how a 19 yo twink thinks a ‘perfect pop’ album should sound tbh.

Tell that to her label , producers and herself . I ain't her nor igaf about what you think

Edited by Shadelena
  • Sad 1

Selena is in talks to play Linda Ronstadt in a biopic of her life, “Showbiz 411” reports.

To be clear, this is a VERY big deal and an evolutionary career stepping stone and role (that if Selena pulls off successfully) - would catapult Selena on to the ‘A’ List of major league, big screen, adult Hollywood movie actresses (and in comparison finally leave Demi as a stultifying smoke trail, far behind in Selena’s rear view mirror).

https://www.showbiz411.com/2023/07/12/exclusive-selena-gomez-circling-linda-ronstadt-bio-pic-in-perfect-casting-biggest-pop-star-of-the-70s

The visual likeness of Selena + Linda (and their close commonality of geographic origin) is something that was recognised years ago - in many ways it is destiny casting that Selena’s career could potentially take this turn if negotiations prove successful.

Pivotal Billboard Hits/ Scenes Selena would be required to record for the movie soundtrack include the following:

They are so going to use the (as yet un-recorded Selina cover) of the above track to sell the fuck out of Selena in the movie role because the lyrics so spookily resonate with her own personal relationship history (oddly going deeper than lyrics from her own past non soundtrack recordings) and in the process the future Selena version has the hardcore billboard potential to dwarf the success of “Swallow” from “A Star Is Born” and make it look like a medium sized hit (regardless of this not being an original track) - born out of the lyrical resonance to the public perception of Selina’s dating history. If this all works out, in the end it is going to be goosebump inducing ⬆️

uLIvfX4.jpg

4kz3cq3.jpg
This news is an early clue that in the fullness of time Selina’s career could enter previously unreached stratospheric heights (for her).

Edited by Dax Diameter