• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

Music fans on Twitter are speculating this Christina Aguilera fan interaction hints at a forthcoming collaboration between Christina, Selena and Colombian singer Karol G.

Ah yes, Fall In Line was such a hit that Xtina decided she needed to do another duet with an ex act :cackle: Idk how Selena's whispers and Xtina's belts would work together but I guess I'm open to it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2023 at 3:54 PM, Dax Diameter said:

Music fans on Twitter are speculating this Christina Aguilera fan interaction hints at a forthcoming collaboration between Christina, Selena and Colombian singer Karol G.

Idk anything about this , but XTINA was working with Tainy and they pitched a Selena unreleased to her but since she released the album and it wasn't on it I thought it was never used/scrapped. It could be that or a brand new song or just nothing

• Shook 1

33 minutes ago, jessicaspears said:

Are we sure she is dropping this month? Maybe after Olivia?

I don’t get a sense of that from social media but she’s definitely ‘gone dark’ which suggests she doesn’t want any attention on whatever creative stuff she’s working on, out of the public gaze.

On 8/7/2023 at 4:40 PM, Shadelena said:

anyways this is the month 🎲

Told y'all as always lol

12 hours ago, jessicaspears said:

So she announced a tease for her new single! Supposed to be called "single soon" which is curious because I'm pretty sure she has one unreleased like that

She's so funny. She's using a 2017 track for The Weeknd as her lead nnnnnn

• Like 1

I wanted to introduce a new (occasional) feature to the thread (depending on level of engagement) whereby we place each individual Selena album (era) under the microscope, take a deep dive and dissect all era specific information/ data we have regarding each stand alone album era.

I realise some might consider “The Scene” albums to not be part of Selina’s solo discography but I’m not that puritanical and let’s face it, The Scene were never at any point a viable band independent of and without Selena at the forefront anyway.

Feel free to have any other Selena related discussion in this general discussion thread (running concurrently) that you want - I’d simply appreciate the input of those regular contributors to this thread who want to go on this chronological album journey - as I do not profess to be an expert on Selina’s output and I welcome the opportunity to learn more from others.

As part of this step by step discussion on Selena’s album discography, it makes sense to slowly piece together an unreleased shadow tracker of era specific Selena outtakes and unused tracks.

Under the Microscope: Album Era One “Kiss & Tell” (Selena & The Scene):

“Kiss & Tell” was released in 2009 and had different artworks in different territories:

JAWbj9V.jpg

CZ7SGOc.jpg

It featured two singles “Falling Down” and “Naturally” (the Dave Audé Radio Remix) of the latter became the main mix in some countries.

01. Kiss & Tell
02. I Won’t Apologize 
03. Falling Down
04. I Promise You
05. Crush
06. Naturally
07. The Way I Loved You
08. More
09. As A Blonde
10. I Don’t Miss You at All
11. Stop & Erase
12. I Got You
13. Tell Me Something I Don’t Know
14. Naturally (Dave Audé Radio Remix)

Every pop girl has at least one unashamed ‘pure pop’ studio album, created with the specific intention of breaking the artist (at the centre) directly through to the mainstream without any risk, stylistic nuance (often prior to any future notion of ‘artistic growth’). There is a case that “Kiss & Tell” could be Selena’s (then again perhaps it’s not and we may touch on why during a later era).

For now however, what are your memories of this debut Selena release? Is this the album that made you a Selenator?

Did this album stand out more than studio album releases by rival artists such as Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovato from the same time period (or at that point did you prefer their material)?

Is Selena singing about Justin Bieber on “Naturally” or was that before he was even in her orbit?

Also, what information/ knowledge can we piece together regarding outtakes/ unreleased tracks (if any) from this debut Selena era - or any even earlier recording sessions that preceded (though ultimately led up to) “Kiss & Tell” becoming Selena (and The Scene’s) debut 2009 release on Hollywood Records?

• Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 3:24 PM, Kesha Slays said:

So this was originally written for inclusion on Rare? Or was it a just a random recording session or like just for fun? 

None of her sessions are for fun since she's more a singer than a songwriter , if that makes sense.

Yes the song was made in 2017 and had two different producers. The version that leaked recently is leading to the 90s-2000s dance production she's looking for. I personally don't love the song but she knows what she's doing I guess..

On 8/15/2023 at 7:18 PM, Dax Diameter said:

I wanted to introduce a new (occasional) feature to the thread (depending on level of engagement) whereby we place each individual Selena album (era) under the microscope, take a deep dive and dissect all era specific information/ data we have regarding each stand alone album era.

I realise some might consider “The Scene” albums to not be part of Selina’s solo discography but I’m not that puritanical and let’s face it, The Scene were never at any point a viable band independent of and without Selena at the forefront anyway.

Feel free to have any other Selena related discussion in this general discussion thread (running concurrently) that you want - I’d simply appreciate the input of those regular contributors to this thread who want to go on this chronological album journey - as I do not profess to be an expert on Selina’s output and I welcome the opportunity to learn more from others.

As part of this step by step discussion on Selena’s album discography, it makes sense to slowly piece together an unreleased shadow tracker of era specific Selena outtakes and unused tracks.

Under the Microscope: Album Era One “Kiss & Tell” (Selena & The Scene):

“Kiss & Tell” was released in 2009 and had different artworks in different territories:

JAWbj9V.jpg

CZ7SGOc.jpg

It featured two singles “Falling Down” and “Naturally” (the Dave Audé Radio Remix) of the latter became the main mix in some countries.

01. Kiss & Tell
02. I Won’t Apologize 
03. Falling Down
04. I Promise You
05. Crush
06. Naturally
07. The Way I Loved You
08. More
09. As A Blonde
10. I Don’t Miss You at All
11. Stop & Erase
12. I Got You
13. Tell Me Something I Don’t Know
14. Naturally (Dave Audé Radio Remix)

Every pop girl has at least one unashamed ‘pure pop’ studio album, created with the specific intention of breaking the artist (at the centre) directly through to the mainstream without any risk, stylistic nuance (often prior to any future notion of ‘artistic growth’). There is a case that “Kiss & Tell” could be Selena’s (then again perhaps it’s not and we may touch on why during a later era).

For now however, what are your memories of this debut Selena release? Is this the album that made you a Selenator?

Did this album stand out more than studio album releases by rival artists such as Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovato from the same time period (or at that point did you prefer their material)?

Is Selena singing about Justin Bieber on “Naturally” or was that before he was even in her orbit?

Also, what information/ knowledge can we piece together regarding outtakes/ unreleased tracks (if any) from this debut Selena era - or any even earlier recording sessions that preceded (though ultimately led up to) “Kiss & Tell” becoming Selena (and The Scene’s) debut 2009 release on Hollywood Records?

Fun fact: for my 10th (or maybe my 11th?) birthday I received this album as a present from my mother along with Kesha's 'Animal', Miley Cyrus' 'Can't Be Tamed' and Taylor Swift's 'Fearless'! I remember bopping along to those records with my younger sister in our room the following summer! Brings back so many memories! I still love some of the songs on 'Kiss N' Tell'! 

• Like 3