3 hours ago, T2P said:

i grew up in Australia so i've known her my whole life. but i didn't join until Disco tbh, I was aware of Aphrodite KMO and Golden but the singles weren't strong enough

It is always interesting to hear the perspectives of others regarding Kylie’s work, but I do struggle to perceive this “Aphrodite” single (in particular) as anything other than a bonafide banger of the highest caliber and a certified bop.

30 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

It is always interesting to hear the perspectives of others regarding Kylie’s work, but I do struggle to perceive this “Aphrodite” single (in particular) as anything other than a bonafide banger of the highest caliber and a certified bop.

it absolutely is and was! but it barely made a blip here, not even top 40 which is tragic. I only heard it a couple of times. And my young teenage self was not sophisticated enough for All The Lovers and its mountain of bodies.

it's great because now I can play songs like In My Arms and and Get Outta My Way completely fresh

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Dannii’s new dating show “I Kissed A Boy” is out imminently and this is its trailer:

Here we get a reminder that she has had Nine U.K. Top 10 Singles (in her own right) and she discusses the show:

If Y’all haven’t heard the brilliance that is “Neon Nights” and “Girl”, already - you REALLY need to wake up!

Edited by Dax Diameter
Update

21 minutes ago, Dax Diameter said:

Dannii’s new dating show “I Kissed A Boy” is out imminently and this is its trailer:

Here we get a reminder that she has had Nine U.K. Top 10 Singles (in her own right) and she discusses the show:

If Y’all haven’t heard the brilliance that is “Neon Nights” and “Girl”, already - you REALLY need to wake up!

I never listened to anything from her. Maybe I'll take a dive into her discography next weekend.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2023 at 11:39 AM, napoleon said:

Did the hackers already get the new album? I hope it doesn't leak that much in advance :yeah:

List of what was leaked:

Aphrodite:

• Tears Will Dry
  • What Do You Know?

Kiss Me Once:

• Uncut Stone
  • Beat of My Heart

Kiss Me Once/Golden:

• Home

Golden:

• Beautiful Disaster
  • Feel
  • Fingertips
  • Here I Go Again
  • Not Letting Go
  • Four-Letter Word (feat. Jack Savoretti)
  • Golden/Rollin (the original version of "Rollin" was called "Golden")
  • Shooting Star
  • Sweet Spot
  • Rewind
  • Sweet Talk

Disco:

• People
  • Disco
  • Feel the Love
  • Sad Songs
  • The Lonliest Kind (of Lover)
  • A Rose Is a Rose
  • Tears of Joy

Unknown:

• Was It Ever Really Love?

+ many, many more.

• Like 2
  • Shook 2

On 5/13/2023 at 11:51 PM, Dax Diameter said:

5aQWyoS.jpg

“Tension” in context of its lineage. At what Station (Era), did you get on board Train Kylie ?

My earliest memory of Kylie was probably watching the Spinning Around music video on TV when I was a kid, but the first time I really paid attention was 2 Hearts and the X era. It's still probably my favourite album from her tbh

• Like 1

Love seeing all the sudden love for Kylie, she's truly the definition of underrated in the states. Almost everyone over 20 knows Can't Get You Outta My Head & the old folks know Locomotion they just don't know that she sings them...:awkwardney:

Get Outta My Way deserved to smash. Britney's team tried so hard to get it for her after hearing the demo, but Kylie had already put on a hold on it & demo'd it, unlike most producers Cutfather refused & wanted Kylie to have it. He ended up revamping the production specifically for her.:yeah:

• LMAO 1

29 minutes ago, 365MM said:

Have you actually heard this leak or just reference to it?

Heard it.

5 minutes ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

Get Outta My Way deserved to smash. Britney's team tried so hard to get it for her after hearing the demo, but Kylie had already put on a hold on it & demo'd it, unlike most producers Cutfather refused & wanted Kylie to have it. He ended up revamping the production specifically for her.:yeah:

"Get Outta My Way", in my opinion, came a bit too soon after "All the Lovers", which I feel like was still hitting its stride. But the whole Aphrodite era was fucked from day one. Parlophone were done with her.

Just now, Heartbreak Anthem said:

Heard it.

"Get Outta My Way", in my opinion, came a bit too soon after "All the Lovers", which I feel like was still hitting its stride. But the whole Aphrodite era was fucked from day one. Parlophone were done with her.

The fact that they even considered giving Better Than Today a single treatment shows how out of touch Parlophone was. We still got an amazing tour, visuals, & merchandise. The vinyl is so thick & glossy on pressed actual heavyweight, compared to the way they handled Kiss Me Once it was much more successful! Wish she'd just start her own label at this point, she has an insane ear for music & knows what works best for her. Her unfiltered artistic output is still waiting to shine

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

The fact that they even considered giving Better Than Today a single treatment shows how out of touch Parlophone was. We still got an amazing tour, visuals, & merchandise. The vinyl is so thick & glossy on pressed actual heavyweight, compared to the way they handled Kiss Me Once it was much more successful! Wish she'd just start her own label at this point, she has an insane ear for music & knows what works best for her. Her unfiltered artistic output is still waiting to shine

The whole Aphrodite could have gone so differently. I know "Cupid Boy" was in-selection as a single at some point, and hell, even "Put Your Hands Up (If You Feel Love)" would've been a more suitable third single than "Better than Today". That release was a setup to halt promotion beyond the tour. Kiss Me Once is another album that Parlophone really fucked over post "Into the Blue". And Kylie essentially does have her own label (Darenote, Ltd.) as the distributor via BMG Rights Management.

35 minutes ago, Heartbreak Anthem said:

The whole Aphrodite could have gone so differently. I know "Cupid Boy" was in-selection as a single at some point, and hell, even "Put Your Hands Up (If You Feel Love)" would've been a more suitable third single than "Better than Today". That release was a setup to halt promotion beyond the tour. Kiss Me Once is another album that Parlophone really fucked over post "Into the Blue". And Kylie essentially does have her own label (Darenote, Ltd.) as the distributor via BMG Rights Management.

“Darenote” is moreso her company like “Britney Brands” vs an actual record label, she still had it when she was on Parlophone. The label still has a say in her final product

Nerina’s original version of “Better than Today” had already been recorded and available for a year, prior to Kylie’s recording of it (which led to Nerina’s original being airbrushed from digital versions of her “Buckminster Fuller” E.P. that it had originally appeared on) - they could not take it off the physical CD as that had already been purchased and had already sold out.  

https://www.discogs.com/release/2704441-Nerina-Pallot-Buckminster-Fuller-EP

It sounds crazy now but someone at Parlophone A&R truly did believe that with a pop re-work - they truly did have a potentially huge single for Kylie on their hands, so much so that they paid handsomely to have it retroactively snatched out of Nerina’s own discography.

Edited by Dax Diameter
Syntax

• Poison ivy changed the title to Kylie (+ Dannii) Minogue | General Discussion Thread