For those of you previously unaware, the below podcast series “A Journey Through S.A.W” ⬇️ (on its 57th episode), has for some time now been sequentially documenting in forensic detail the work of the (now considered legendary) music producers Stock/ Aitken/ Waterman, who were behind the creation of the majority of Kylie’s first four studio albums (and first ever Greatest Hits Collection) - at a pace of one single (and album era) at a time.

The podcast series overall, does not merely focus on Kylie (some of its other episodes also document the single releases of every other artist that Kylie’s former music producers SAW ever worked with in sequentially chronological date order).

The podcast has now reached “Better The Devil You Know” the first single from Kylie’s third studio album (“Rhythm of Love“) and in the below episode, the podcast creators speak directly and not only to the aforementioned songwriters/ producers behind the song’s creation - but also to the studio technicians and backing vocalists who contributed to the development of the track too!

Over time the podcast has steadily grown in reputation which has now culminated in Kylie’s (almost never before heard from) original and longtime, former manager - Terry Blamey, giving the show a revealingly insightful interview.

Terry steered Kylie’s career (around the globe, out-with the U.S. market) to the pinnacle of fame that she achieved prior to “Padam”.

In the above episode ⬆️ you will learn how this ⬇️ (much later finally revealed) version of BTDYK was initially being lined up to be the version that (at one point) almost got released commercially in place of the much more dynamic and definitive mix that we know and love today.

In the above episode, the podcast documents the events unfolding behind the scenes that ultimately led to why that mix (at the time) never saw the light of day and why the track was remixed prior to its actual debut release:

Although the song’s video has long since gone down in music history to be iconic in its own right - the world’s (and my own) first pre-release introduction to not only BTDYK but also to Kylie’s (at that time) new image for a then brand new decade and her third studio album era - was on this ⬇️ television performance (which has sadly been doctored by YouTube itself) from some time prior to the drop of the actual video:

The radio mix of BTDYK was simultaneously released with (and edited down from) its even more magical “The Mad March Hare Mix“.

On 8/7/2023 at 12:09 PM, Dax Diameter said:

For those of you previously unaware, the below podcast series “A Journey Through S.A.W” ⬇️ (on its 57th episode), has for some time now been sequentially documenting in forensic detail the work of the (now considered legendary) music producers Stock/ Aitken/ Waterman, who were behind the creation of the majority of Kylie’s first four studio albums (and first ever Greatest Hits Collection) - at a pace of one single (and album era) at a time.

The podcast series overall, does not merely focus on Kylie (some of its other episodes also document the single releases of every other artist that Kylie’s former music producers SAW ever worked with in sequentially chronological date order).

The podcast has now reached “Better The Devil You Know” the first single from Kylie’s third studio album (“Rhythm of Love“) and in the below episode, the podcast creators speak directly and not only to the aforementioned songwriters/ producers behind the song’s creation - but also to the studio technicians and backing vocalists who contributed to the development of the track too!

Over time the podcast has steadily grown in reputation which has now culminated in Kylie’s (almost never before heard from) original and longtime, former manager - Terry Blamey, giving the show a revealingly insightful interview.

Terry steered Kylie’s career (around the globe, out-with the U.S. market) to the pinnacle of fame that she achieved prior to “Padam”.

In the above episode ⬆️ you will learn how this ⬇️ (much later finally revealed) version of BTDYK was initially being lined up to be the version that (at one point) almost got released commercially in place of the much more dynamic and definitive mix that we know and love today.

In the above episode, the podcast documents the events unfolding behind the scenes that ultimately led to why that mix (at the time) never saw the light of day and why the track was remixed prior to its actual debut release:

Although the song’s video has long since gone down in music history to be iconic in its own right - the world’s (and my own) first pre-release introduction to not only BTDYK but also to Kylie’s (at that time) new image for a then brand new decade and her third studio album era - was on this ⬇️ television performance (which has sadly been doctored by YouTube itself) from some time prior to the drop of the actual video:

The radio mix of BTDYK was simultaneously released with (and edited down from) its even more magical “The Mad March Hare Mix“.

My #1 favourite Kylie song <3 I've never heard the alternate mix but it's pretty fun, although I'm glad they went with the final version!

• Like 2

Whilst the above was an hour speaking to the relevant participants on BTDYK’s creation, the below is a further hour + speaking to the key players and architects behind the circumstances of the video and the making of it.

Evolution Vs. Revolution:

“As great a song as it is, "Better The Devil You Know" would not have been anywhere near as impactful as it was without its accompanying music video. A landmark in Kylie Minogue's career, the video transformed her image from that of girl-next-door to "sex kitten", according to director Paul Goldman, who joins us to detail the before, during and aftermath of the shoot, including his run-ins with PWL over the direction it took.

Stylist Nicole Bonython-Hines recalls piecing together the various looks for the video and manager Terry Blamey gives his thoughts on why the video was so important for Kylie. We also hear from Sharon McPhilemy and David Howells from PWL about the reaction from Kylie's UK label to the new-look star. Then, Kylie's long-time musical director, Steve Anderson, talks us through their enduring relationship with the song and how it has been reinterpreted on tour over the decades”.

Edited by Dax Diameter

Well, just spent the last 6 hours trying to get tickets for Kylie’s Vegas shows. 😭 Was using phone, ipad, desktop, my wife was on her phone at work, and her brother was also on his phone. 6 hours of endless site crashes, spinning processing that errored, wait queues that bounced around on time forever until it was sold out. Oof. I need a drink. 

• Shook 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, 365MM said:

Well, just spent the last 6 hours trying to get tickets for Kylie’s Vegas shows. 😭 Was using phone, ipad, desktop, my wife was on her phone at work, and her brother was also on his phone. 6 hours of endless site crashes, spinning processing that errored, wait queues that bounced around on time forever until it was sold out. Oof. I need a drink. 

That's so depressing! I'm sorry you had to go through all that :yeah: Hopefully there'll be more dates announced soon

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Main Pop Girl said:

That's so depressing! I'm sorry you had to go through all that :yeah: Hopefully there'll be more dates announced soon

Thanks. I saw on reddit some people GOT tickets, but the site overbooked and canceled/refunded afterwards. So, I’m not as bad off as some people. THAT would have been soul-crushing! I hope for more fates too, but not holding my breath. 😔

• WTF 1

On 8/10/2023 at 6:25 PM, 365MM said:

Thanks. I saw on reddit some people GOT tickets, but the site overbooked and canceled/refunded afterwards. So, I’m not as bad off as some people. THAT would have been soul-crushing! I hope for more fates too, but not holding my breath. 😔

Sounds like a total nightmare. I've seen people complaining about it on her Insta as well. Best of luck for getting tickets bb :( 

“Kylie” (debut album) - 35th Anniversary vinyl editions, available for pre-order now:

2Chazak.png

Release Date: Friday, November 24th 2023

The Singles:

Spoiler

“I Should Be So Lucky” (U.K. No.1)

“Got To Be Certain” (U.K. No.2)

“The Loco-motion” (U.K. No.2)

“Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi” [AKA “I Still Love You” in the U.S.] (U.K. No.2)

“It’s No Secret” (U.S. No. 37)

The Live Vocal Performances:

”Look My Way” (Australian Broadcast):

“It’s No Secret” (U.S. Broadcast):

Bridging tracks (with no parent studio album) that connect this era to the next:

Spoiler

“Made In Heaven” (New track and double ‘A’ Side with “Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi)”:

“Especially For You” [Duet with Jason Donovan]:

“All I Wanna Do (Is Make You Mine)” * [Duet with Jason Donovan] ‘B’ side to “Especially For You”:

* ⬆️ Inspired by the track “You’re The One That I Want” (From the movie “Grease”).

”The Locomotion” (Original Australian Only Version), her actual debut single and an entirely separate recording from the re-recorded version (linked to above) that was released one year after this version ⬇️ in the world outside Australia:

All of the above (with the exception of “Look My Way”) have official, (properly) extended 12” club mixes.

“Turn It Into Love” ⬇️ the much loved album track that for decades has been widely regarded as “the single that got away”, given an excellent unofficial extended mix by a fan:

In fact “Turn It Into Love” was so loved that another recording artist re-recorded it (with the same producers but with a different, crappy backing track) and released it later that same year as a single.

Nobody ever preferred her version ⬇️ over Kylie’s version:

Spoiler

Hazell Dean “Turn It Into Love”:

Edited by Dax Diameter
  • Like 1
  • YAAASSS 1

8 hours ago, Dax Diameter said:

“Kylie” (debut album) - 35th Anniversary vinyl editions, available for pre-order now:

2Chazak.png

Release Date: Friday, November 24th 2023

The Singles:

Hide contents

“I Should Be So Lucky” (U.K. No.1)

“Got To Be Certain” (U.K. No.2)

“The Loco-motion” (U.K. No.2)

“Je Ne Sais Pas Pourquoi” [AKA “I Still Love You” in the U.S.] (U.K. No.2)

“It’s No Secret” (U.S. No. 37)

The Live Vocal Performances:

”Look My Way” (Australian Broadcast):

“It’s No Secret” (U.S. Broadcast):

Nice to pick up the turquoise vinyl, even if the shipping is still a lil rough. Wish we could have gotten a “Body Language” 20th. But with a debut 35th, that’s fine too.

6 hours ago, 365MM said:

Wish we could have gotten a “Body Language” 20th. But with a debut 35th, that’s fine too.

There’s a rumor (from an apparently reliable source) that pre-orders will go live at the beginning of October for a November release to mark its 20th Anniversary.

In the present her team (understandably) feel it’s enough for focus to be split between the upcoming studio album, the Las Vegas residency, the “I Should Be So Lucky” musical and the 35th anniversary repack of the debut.

• YAAASSS 1