The BRITs Awards 2018

Tweener

BRITS_Large-0e8599e906.jpg

The 2018 Brit Awards was held on 21 February 2018 at the O2 Arena in London. It was the 38th edition of the British Phonographic Industry's annual pop music awards. On 8 December 2017, Jack Whitehall was announced as the host. Sculptor Sir Anish Kapoor designed the Brit Award statuette that was given to the winners. Foo Fighters, Dua Lipa and Ed Sheeran were among the global stars nominated for awards in the ceremony.

Which performance was your favorite and what do you think of the gala?

Spoiler

This year's was absolute trash. It was their lowest ratings yet with just 4.5M viewers. Not to mention that they used Little Mix for the views. Little Mix were no. 1 on the leader board for Best British Video ever since the votes opened and was no. 1 when they closed, but then the award goes to Harry Styles???? I don't think so. Also not to mention that after being told Little Mix were not eligible to Best British Group because they not release a new album in 2017, but it actually turns out they were eligible for it as the time period was from Friday 16th September 2016 to Thursday 7th December 2017. Glory Days was released on Friday 18th November 2016. Also I'd like to mention that the winner of Best British Single which was Human by Rag'N'Bone Man wasn't even eligible for that award as it had to be released from Sunday 1st January 2017 to 31st December 2017. Human was released on Thursday 21st July 2016. So as you can see I am not pleased with this as my girls were robbed and also watch the BRITs use Little Mix again by getting them to perform again and nominate them for Best British Group and give them nothing because they need the views. That's the only reason they got views this year, they did the voting award, got fans to vote, put Little Mix as no. 1 so fans will watch, announce the results at the end so the fans will watch the whole show and then give the award to someone who doesn't even deserve it. 

I'm mad.

• Like 2
  • Pissed 1

I'm just here to watch Rita slay her performances like she always does... :sassy: Dua's staging was epic but as per usual her average voice, bad dancing and lack of energy let the performance down. Everyone else I didn't even bother with... :cackle:

On 2/25/2018 at 10:12 PM, nocloudscontrol said:

This year's was absolute trash. It was their lowest ratings yet with just 4.5M viewers. Not to mention that they used Little Mix for the views. Little Mix were no. 1 on the leader board for Best British Video ever since the votes opened and was no. 1 when they closed, but then the award goes to Harry Styles???? I don't think so. Also not to mention that after being told Little Mix were not eligible to Best British Group because they not release a new album in 2017, but it actually turns out they were eligible for it as the time period was from Friday 16th September 2016 to Thursday 7th December 2017. Glory Days was released on Friday 18th November 2016. Also I'd like to mention that the winner of Best British Single which was Human by Rag'N'Bone Man wasn't even eligible for that award as it had to be released from Sunday 1st January 2017 to 31st December 2017. Human was released on Thursday 21st July 2016. So as you can see I am not pleased with this as my girls were robbed and also watch the BRITs use Little Mix again by getting them to perform again and nominate them for Best British Group and give them nothing because they need the views. That's the only reason they got views this year, they did the voting award, got fans to vote, put Little Mix as no. 1 so fans will watch, announce the results at the end so the fans will watch the whole show and then give the award to someone who doesn't even deserve it. 

I'm mad.

What an actual mess! :vacuum: How did they fuck the whole thing up so momentously?

10 hours ago, dannyboixo said:

I miss the old Brits, even in the last decade when they’d have mashups like Florence and Dizzee Rascal, or even when Cheryl mixed FFTL with Show Me Love! 

Oh yeah, I forgot they used to do things like that. 

Didn't they even have Rihanna involved one year with a British band?